The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:24 pm

Peach wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:15 am Zamasu vs. Moro
You have to be more specific than that.

I think the only Zamasu that beats Moro is Infinite Zamasu. Every other version loses to him.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:35 pm

Well ask yourself why Moro never appeared in the Future Trunks arc. Zamasu could have killed him while he was still in his old, decrepit form.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:41 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:35 pm Well ask yourself why Moro never appeared in the Future Trunks arc. Zamasu could have killed him while he was still in his old, decrepit form.
He never appeared because buu never got released in the future trunks timeline. There seemed to be some association with Moro regaining his powers in the recent years leading to him being able to escape the prison.

Though I’m not too sure in the anime with regards to Zamasu’s ki restoring when he regenerates.

But in the manga Zamasu restores his ki when he heals. So that would be infinite energy for Moro. So probably good he didn’t get free then.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:40 am

Krillin1994 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:41 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:35 pm Well ask yourself why Moro never appeared in the Future Trunks arc. Zamasu could have killed him while he was still in his old, decrepit form.
He never appeared because buu never got released in the future trunks timeline. There seemed to be some association with Moro regaining his powers in the recent years leading to him being able to escape the prison.

Though I’m not too sure in the anime with regards to Zamasu’s ki restoring when he regenerates.

But in the manga Zamasu restores his ki when he heals. So that would be infinite energy for Moro. So probably good he didn’t get free then.
I mean Zamasu made it clear that Project Zero Mortals was going to end at Earth. Which means that he wiped out all ningens everywhere else, that would indeed include the ningens of the Galactic Patrol HQs. So Zamasu probably destroyed Moro and all other prisoners, as well as the Galactic warriors of course.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:23 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:40 am

I mean Zamasu made it clear that Project Zero Mortals was going to end at Earth. Which means that he wiped out all ningens everywhere else, that would indeed include the ningens of the Galactic Patrol HQs. So Zamasu probably destroyed Moro and all other prisoners, as well as the Galactic warriors of course.
I do wonder what caused a lack of Merus in timeline (obvs out of universe he hadn’t been conceived)

But Yh he would’ve blown up the prison whilst all the prisoners were restrained.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:47 am

Well obviously I was talking about Prime Moro and up.

Old Moro get's wasted by Fused Zamasu.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:42 am

Old Moro defeated two Saiyans stronger than Merged Zamas. I guess he could feed on Zamas’ energy indefinitely, unless his magic doesn’t work on him for being a deity. Supposing it doesn’t work, he loses to Merged Zamas. But if Moro is in his prime, he wins easily.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:02 am

Krillin1994 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:23 am

I do wonder what caused a lack of Merus in timeline (obvs out of universe he hadn’t been conceived)

But Yh he would’ve blown up the prison whilst all the prisoners were restrained.
Probably his internship ended, we don't know how long it was meant to be or when it started.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:00 am

He probably got himself erased trying to defend the ningens from Zamasu. And since Angels aren't allowed to directly fight in ningen conflicts (Zamasu was waging war on ningens), he got himself erased for good.

It's true that Toriyama likely hadn't invented these characters at the time, regardless it is also true that in-universe Moro and Merus were nowhere to be seen in the Future Trunks' timeline. Which means that Zamasu likely took care of them, since we know he purged basically everything in the multiverse.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:24 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:00 am

He probably got himself erased trying to defend the ningens from Zamasu. And since Angels aren't allowed to directly fight in ningen conflicts (Zamasu was waging war on ningens), he got himself erased for good.

It's true that Toriyama likely hadn't invented these characters at the time, regardless it is also true that in-universe Moro and Merus were nowhere to be seen in the Future Trunks' timeline. Which means that Zamasu likely took care of them, since we know he purged basically everything in the multiverse.
I don’t like to head canon often. But we knew belmod was training Toppo to take over as GoD. Merus was in training perhaps he became the Angel linked to Toppo.
Then he would’ve been rendered inactive when Zamasu killed the U11 Kai.

When I think about it we don’t have Whis give any mention of the previous GoD or any of the other angels mentioning them? Like not even a coy comment like your predecessor wasn’t as lazy as you Beerus. So it kinda seems plausible to me. Specially selected attendants for specific GoD personalities.

(Would further match Merus being Galatic patrol to attend to a pride trooper)

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:43 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:42 am Old Moro defeated two Saiyans stronger than Merged Zamas. I guess he could feed on Zamas’ energy indefinitely, unless his magic doesn’t work on him for being a deity. Supposing it doesn’t work, he loses to Merged Zamas. But if Moro is in his prime, he wins easily.
Oh, this is manga? I meant anime Zamasu.

BTW Moro's magic doesn't work on gods? If so Future Zamasu outlasts even Prime Moro.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:22 pm

Old Moro in terms of strength is weaker than post ToP SSG Vegeta, and using his magic power he is just below SSB level Saiyans.

He is stronger than Zamasu and weaker than Fused Zamasu, but he has absorption. With immortality can Zamasu even run out of energy or is it instantly recovered? If it is the latter, then Moro just absorbs his energy infinitely until he overcomes the power of Merged Zamasu. But Zamasu cannot be killed, so the fight basically would have no end.

It has never been said that Moro cannot absorb energy from deities, so I assume he would have no problem doing that with Zamasu.

If the comparison is with Prime Moro, he is above post ToP Omen Goku, so he is obviously much stronger, the same for Moro73 and Angel Moro. The problem will always be the immortality

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:52 pm

Eventually, after absorbing the never ending energy of Zamasu, Moro would reach his limit, like when he absorbed Merus' power, and blow up. With him, a pretty big chunk of the universe would go too. Zamasu might not even have a decent universe to rule after that.

About Merus, I doubt he got erased, for that to happen he'd need to get involved as badly as against Moro7-3, which would be overkill against a Black with just SS under his belt, he could easily defeat him without using angelic skills, and have the Galactic Patrol sentence him to death after he weakens him enough.
Whis and Beerus said they had other ways to contain an immortal entity, so Merus might break his neutrality to do so with Zamasu, but all that would require the threat to be done with. There aren't reallistic scenarios where Merus fails and gets erased at the same time, he's too OP and one of the threats should not survive.
The scenario where he goes to U11 to work with Toppo seems more plausible.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:34 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:52 pm Eventually, after absorbing the never ending energy of Zamasu, Moro would reach his limit, like when he absorbed Merus' power, and blow up. With him, a pretty big chunk of the universe would go too. Zamasu might not even have a decent universe to rule after that.

About Merus, I doubt he got erased, for that to happen he'd need to get involved as badly as against Moro7-3, which would be overkill against a Black with just SS under his belt, he could easily defeat him without using angelic skills, and have the Galactic Patrol sentence him to death after he weakens him enough.
Whis and Beerus said they had other ways to contain an immortal entity, so Merus might break his neutrality to do so with Zamasu, but all that would require the threat to be done with. There aren't reallistic scenarios where Merus fails and gets erased at the same time, he's too OP and one of the threats should not survive.
I haven't thought of that. Moro could pull a Yakon.

Can Moro absorb Infinite Zamasu's energy?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:38 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:34 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:52 pm Eventually, after absorbing the never ending energy of Zamasu, Moro would reach his limit, like when he absorbed Merus' power, and blow up. With him, a pretty big chunk of the universe would go too. Zamasu might not even have a decent universe to rule after that.

No. We call Zamasu "Infinite" for a reason, it's because he is indeed infinitely powerful/unquantifiable. And Moro clearly has a limit to how much energy he can absorb, as evidenced by the fact that he started growing bigger and more unstsable after absorbing too much Angel energy, more than his body could handle.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:46 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:38 pm

No. We call Zamasu "Infinite" for a reason, it's because he is indeed infinitely powerful/unquantifiable. And Moro clearly has a limit to how much energy he can absorb, as evidenced by the fact that he started growing bigger and more unstsable after absorbing too much Angel energy, more than his body could handle.
I'm asking if it can be done not if IZ energy can run out. We know the latter can't happen since it's immortal.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:52 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:46 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:38 pm

I'm asking if it can be done not if IZ energy can run out. We know the latter can't happen since it's immortal.
And I'm not saying that Zamasu's energy can run out, in fact I'm saying the opposite, it can't run out because it's infinite, hence why Moro wouldn't be able to absorb it. Or rather he could try to absorb it, like he tried to absorb the angel, but it would once again end terribly for him, for the aforementioned reasons.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:07 pm

He should be able to, he eats planets and Zamasu has at least engulfed a planet. To reach his limit he would have to absorb a lot from Zamasu, it took an angel to get him that far.

I think it could become an eternal fight. Moro doesn't have to eat the energy he steals from Zamasu and it was implied he can take step back and prevent a tragedy, however being close to his utmost limit would place him so much above Zamasu that he wouldn't need to keep eating his energy. He would never get tired either because he'd replenish himself with Zamasu who can't harm him.

I'm wondering if Moro could eat Zamasu and become some weird mix of both, immortal and a planet eater.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:32 pm

Moro doesn't need to absorb all of Zamasu's energy at once until he reaches his limit, this can just serve as an unlimited supply of energy. Moro drains Zamasu until he reaches a certain level of power and then he only does it when his energy is depleted. And even if Moro reaches his limit, we see that he can merge with Earth / enlarge his body to be able to resist this power. And if it exploded (as it would at the end of the arc), then the entire galaxy would cease to exist anyway

Btw, Moro's limit is current Ultra Instinct Goku level, which is massively stronger than ToP UI Goku and Jiren. Fused Zamasu alone is nowhere near that level, so it would be a long way to reach Moro's limit just by absorbing Zamasu's energy. Infinite Zamasu is another story, although I don't even know if he can even have his energy absorbed since he doesn't have a physical body in that state.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:47 pm

All 12 Hakaishins vs. the following team:

- Goku
- Vegeta
- Broly
- Jiren
- Moro
- Merged Zamasu (no infinite Zamasu)
- Granolah
- Hit
- Kefla (no time limit)
- Anilaza
- Golden Freeza
- Toppo

No fusion (except characters who are already fused)
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147