The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by GatoF » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:03 am

It pierced Whis' barrier too but yeah I can see 17's barrier being too much for it.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:49 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:48 pm
Well it was a game changer in the fight with Saonel and Pirina, so I can see that Makkankosappo scratching the bottom of god tier.
That is odd considering he seemed weaker than Base Gohan but that's a fair point.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:10 am

Goku9001 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:49 am
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:48 pm
Well it was a game changer in the fight with Saonel and Pirina, so I can see that Makkankosappo scratching the bottom of god tier.
That is odd considering he seemed weaker than Base Gohan but that's a fair point.
Makkankosappo >>> Piccolo duh
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:20 pm

Gas vs. Nappa

This was Gas during his fight with Bardock. Who wins?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:58 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:20 pm Gas vs. Nappa

I'm not caught up with the manga. Was Gas struggling against Bardock or overwhelming him? Because that will decide if Nappa wins or loses badly.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:04 am

Nappa is a cut above Bardock, so he should also have his resourceful power boost in his back pocket. And he actually used it against Goku, after Geets told him to calm down and focus, and only lost to KK.
Nappa struggles a bit at first but with his eyes on the prize, he makes short work of Gas.

--

1) Grey Buu vs Kid Buu

2) Grey Buu vs Initial Gotenks (Fat Buu fucked him up, does he have a chance against this weaker Buu?)

3) Kid Buu vs Fat Buu (he trashed Mr. Buu, what about against the Fat Buu made of Mr. and Grey Buu?)

4) Burta, Jeese and Recoome. Who is the last one standing? who deserves to be Ginyu's main deputy? Is Burta's speed enough to take the lead?

5) Super Buu (Vegito properly absorbed) vs Hit

6) SS3 Gohan (Buu arc) vs Super Buu

7) SSG Broly vs Gas

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:49 am

Well if Bardock can pull it off then so can Nappa.
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:04 am 1) Grey Buu vs Kid Buu

2) Grey Buu vs Initial Gotenks (Fat Buu fucked him up, does he have a chance against this weaker Buu?)

3) Kid Buu vs Fat Buu (he trashed Mr. Buu, what about against the Fat Buu made of Mr. and Grey Buu?)

4) Burta, Jeese and Recoome. Who is the last one standing? who deserves to be Ginyu's main deputy? Is Burta's speed enough to take the lead?

7) SSG Broly vs Gas
1) Kid Boo should win fairly easily. Fattie split his power been Good and Evil, so Evil Boo is like 2/3 of even Fat Boo’s power at best.

2) I’m going with Evil Boo here. I’m leaning more towards Base Gotenks being weaker than Majin Vegeta nowadays.

3) Kid should win here, but it’s vaguely close. Like Goku vs Freeza close. Vegeta fought Fat Boo and even saw Goku fight him but was genuinely taken aback that Goku could fight someone as strong as Pure Boo.

4) Could go in any way, maybe even a complete tie. The theme seems to be that Burta is speed, Recoome is strength and Jeice is balance, Ki control or strategy. Recoome’s explosive technique he was going to use on Goku might be too much for Jesse, but Burta can probably outrun it. If I have to pick one, it’s going to be Jesse based on AT’s smallest = strongest motif.

5) Since Boo’s absorptions seem to be mere addition, Hit takes this pretty easily.

6) Gohan dies. He’s even weaker than Goku, who was afraid of Boo.

7) Good question. Broly not stacking God on top of LSSJ right? I think he might take this regardless.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:06 pm

Yeah if Nappa pulls off the same shenanigans as Goku's father then I believe he would win here too. It's silly but the manga portrayed it in that manner.
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:04 am 1) Grey Buu vs Kid Buu

7) SSG Broly vs Gas
1) Grey Buu vs Kid Buu: Grey Buu is the weaker of the two and doesn't appear to hold any unique advantage except mass which won't play any role here due to his opponent considerably more powerful. My own projection has Grey Buu being the benefactor of 70% worth of Fat Buu's power relative to Good's 30%.

2) Grey Buu vs Initial Gotenks (Fat Buu fucked him up, does he have a chance against this weaker Buu?): I could see this being a close fight. Gotenks is an immature conceited child but his component fusees did sense the power emitted by Majin Vegeta. Admittedly they registered the same as Goku and Fat Buu were going tit for tat but both fighters didn't appear to be all too serious about the engagement.

In a fight that's close such as this the fighter's inherent skills and characteristics would start to take a role on the stage. Buu seems to have almost limitless stamina and regeneration; he can also copy any technique witnessed just once. So my verdict here is that while Gotenks may put in a good effort eventually he's going to lose.

3) Kid Buu vs Fat Buu (he trashed Mr. Buu, what about against the Fat Buu made of Mr. and Grey Buu?): Kid Buu is moderately superior to his portly counterpart. Perhaps in a similar way to the second fight with Gotenks and Grey, Fat could mount an effective resistance. Here both fighters share the same abilities except for the Kai Kai teleportation. Temperament is also going to be important. Kid Buu is much more unpredictable and psychotic enough to explore avenues of violence before Fat does. I think he'll eventually win after a somewhat difficult fight.

4) Burta, Jeese and Recoome. Who is the last one standing? who deserves to be Ginyu's main deputy? Is Burta's speed enough to take the lead?: Burter's mobility is only the notable trait that was ever singled out. Fans tend to associate Recoome with endurance and durability. Jeice? Something about techniques or an all-rounder but there isn't enough evidence to prove that. I think Burter would win here due to superior mobility. If he's at the centre of the whirlwind between these three as they're going at it or his teammates incline themselves to dispense with the speedster first then Burter would lose and I'm leaning towards Recoome afterwards.

Ginyu's deputy? Probably Jeice if only because he seemed to easily slip into the role when his teammates were defeated by Goku. Also he apparently was the one entrusted with managing the new scouters intended for Freeza and his men.

5) Super Buu (Vegito properly absorbed) vs Hit: I presume this is Vegetto from the same arc as Super Buu. Well I don't think his power is going to be enough for Super Buu to challenge SSJG Goku from the BOG arc, let alone an opponent who could oppose an iteration of SSJG Goku from three arcs later. Now we haven't seen any ki projectiles from Hit in the manga or anime outside of an opener. To kill Buu you need to disintegrate him on the molecular level. What Hit may need to do here is knock out his opponent as Beerus did.

6) SS3 Gohan (Buu arc) vs Super Buu: If Gohan prior to the ritual unlocked Super Saiyan 3? No doubt he would be the strongest user of that form in the manga. However I don't think it's going to amount to much here. Super Buu is greatly superior to the Super Saiyan 3 condition outside of Gotenks. It took a magical ritual that elevates the recipient's strength far beyond their limits for Gohan to boast a significant yet not chasmal advantage over Super Buu.

7) SSG Broly vs Gas: Is SSJG supposed to net a greater amplifier than LSSJ? I suppose Broly would here if that presumption is true. A gap was no doubt formed during the transition from the Broly to Granolah arcs but I doubt it was dimensions in scope.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:31 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:04 am

Nappa is a cut above Bardock, so he should also have his resourceful power boost in his back pocket. And he actually used it against Goku, after Geets told him to calm down and focus, and only lost to KK.
Nappa struggles a bit at first but with his eyes on the prize, he makes short work of Gas.

--

1) Grey Buu vs Kid Buu

7) SSG Broly vs Gas
1) Draw. I have them exactly with the same power.
2) Gotenks gets finger flicked.
3) Kid Boo loses.
4) I believe Jeese is the strongest but they all 3 are so close to eachother that it can go either way.
5) Hit one shots.
6) Gohan is still stronger than Super Boo but not by much. He loses because of SS3 stamina issues.
7) We have no idea how Broly's transformations work. We don't even know how much stronger his Green SS form is compared to the gold SS form. The Green SS form could give him more of a boost than SSG. We don't know.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:47 am

Here is something different I've been wondering about the other day, not sure if it's already been asked.

How would Mister Satan fare against the finalists of the Tenkaichi Budokai tournaments from 21st to 23rd? Since he's actually pretty skilled when it comes to regular humans, I suspect he could win against some of them. I'll post my guesses, feel free to tag along.

21st
- Kuririn: definitely not
- Bacterian: maybe
- Jackie Chun: lol no
- Yamcha: maybe, I'd say yes. Yamcha isn't that good at this time
- Ranfan: he is attracted to females, but I'd say yes, he's been shown able to keep his cool when it matters
- Nam: probably not
- Goku: lol no
- Giran: no, and he'd complain about tricks

22nd and 23rd
Actually, while I was looking at the lists for those tournaments, I realised that Mister Satan probably isn't stronger than any of their finalists, I should have though twice before I wrote the opening of my post, sorry about that. I can only see him as a match for Pamput, Man-Wolf, Chi-Chi, and, again, maybe Yamcha.

Your thoughts?

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:17 am

nineko wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:47 am Here is something different I've been wondering about the other day, not sure if it's already been asked.

How would Mister Satan fare against the finalists of the Tenkaichi Budokai tournaments from 21st to 23rd? Since he's actually pretty skilled when it comes to regular humans, I suspect he could win against some of them. I'll post my guesses, feel free to tag along.

21st
- Ranfan: he is attracted to females, but I'd say yes, he's been shown able to keep his cool when it matters

22nd and 23rd
Actually, while I was looking at the lists for those tournaments, I realised that Mister Satan probably isn't stronger than any of their finalists, I should have though twice before I wrote the opening of my post, sorry about that. I can only see him as a match for Pamput, Man-Wolf, Chi-Chi, and, again, maybe Yamcha.

Your thoughts?
I think Mister Satan is strong enough to at least pose a challenge to the stronger ones. He of course shouldn't win against ki users, but for a normal earthling to pose a challenge is a feat in itself.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:21 am

Thani wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:17 am
nineko wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:47 am Here is something different I've been wondering about the other day, not sure if it's already been asked.

21st

22nd and 23rd

Your thoughts?
I think Mister Satan is strong enough to at least pose a challenge to the stronger ones. He of course shouldn't win against ki users, but for a normal earthling to pose a challenge is a feat in itself.
Satan has zero chance against Yamcha.

I think he's weaker than the fodder even like Man Wolf. Bacterian and Ranfan despite having gags seemed to be strong too, they were just using their weird 'powers' to punch above their weight but were not toal glass canons. Ranfan made it to the finals BEFORE stripping for the first time.

The tournament announcer refers to the tournaments without the Dragon Team as "also rans", I think this goes for fodder too.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:11 pm

21st

22nd and 23rd

Your thoughts?
Mr Satan gets wrecked in every fight here. Even before the 21st Budokai Goku, Yamcha and Kuririn were all showing superhuman feats Satan could only dream of pulling off. Breaking Olympic records, one shotting tigers and 12ft tall Bears, being shot with machine guns and taking little damage…

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:18 pm

How far would Buugito (Buuhan after absorbing Vegito competely) would go in Super?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:15 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:18 pm How far would Buugito (Buuhan after absorbing Vegito competely) would go in Super?
Assuming ssj only vegito and no defusing...

Assuming he hasn't trained before bog.

He impresses Beerus alone but if he pisses him off he gets erased.

He can probably teleport to and prevent Freeza as they aren't being trained by him and not away when the wish is made.

But if Freeza gets to train I think he can probably outlast freezas energy drain. I'd put him a bit weaker than ssg but ssg is about only 10x weaker than blue. And he has hax regen.

If he is losing he can teleport away or absorb Freeza. Alternatively he has no beef with Freeza and travels with him or they leave each other alone.

A lot depends on what Buuhan doesn't. If he kills the kaioshins and chaozu and Tenshinhan etc.

U6 tourney never gets done so no idea for the top. Zamasu never gets pissed off and Moro dies of old age.

Granollah depends on Freeza but again skill and had regen might be too much for either wished fighter.

In terms of versus canon manga super character he's weaker than ssg, Freeza,

can probably beat hit when he's bound by no killing. Beats the rest of u6

Beats zamasu loses to black.

Not sure where he fares regarding top Gohan and kefla.

After that he's outclassed.

He'd need to train or absorb more
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:20 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:18 pm How far would Buugito (Buuhan after absorbing Vegito competely) would go in Super?
Golden Freeza vaporizes him.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:20 am

Beerus - gets hakaid, specially after Beerus learns that he's been killing Kaioshin since forever

Golden Freeza - oneshots him. RoF FF Freeza also beats him up. Manga FF Freeza gets destroyed and needs Golden.

Manga Hit - Buugito fucks him up. SS Goku was fighting the time skip. FP Hit, on the other hand stomps him, but... Buu might absorb him before Hit goes all out.
Anime Hit - destroys Buugito.

Manga Zamasu and SS2 Trunks would get destroyed by Buugito.
Manga Black needs SS Rosé to not die.

Every big hitter from the ToP destroys Buugito, same as Ikari Broly, Moro, and Granola.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:58 am

Not very far. Anything on the level of BOG's SSJG or higher would be outside of his capabilities, I believe. Most of the henchmen from ROF onwards should be defeatable. I could see Buugito having an intense fight with suppressed Freeza in his original form and Dyspo from the manga.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:42 pm

ToP Piccolo vs Giant Ribrianne

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:06 pm

21st

22nd and 23rd

Your thoughts?
All the finalists would kick his ass. Even Ranfan due to her female charm and Mr. Satan has shown signs of chivalry (he planned to go easy on 18 till he saw how strong she was).
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.