The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by MaxZ » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:00 am

LightBing wrote:#18 vs Vegeta - Same fight as in the Android arc, difference being that #18 doesn't have infinite energy.

Ginyu, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Kuririn, Nail, Piccolo(Pre-Nail Assimilation) and Dende vs First Form Freeza - All characters are at their powers right before Freeza starts his fight with Vegeta, Kuririn and Gohan. No Kaioken.
-Vegeta stands no chance at all, she was toying with him from the very start.

-I think they stand a good chance, with a little zenkai abuse or Gohan rage.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:23 am

LightBing wrote:#18 vs Vegeta - Same fight as in the Android arc, difference being that #18 doesn't have infinite energy.

Ginyu, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Kuririn, Nail, Piccolo(Pre-Nail Assimilation) and Dende vs First Form Freeza - All characters are at their powers right before Freeza starts his fight with Vegeta, Kuririn and Gohan. No Kaioken.
— I usually have the gap between them at the same gap between SSB Goku and Golden Freeza. If Vegeta can somehow pull out a dirty trick like he did to Zarbon, he have a chance of winning. However, the strain of the Super Saiyan and the gap between him and #18 should give a latter more chance of winning.
8/10 in #18's favor

— So Vegeta can't power-up to his full power ? [Since Vegeta used his full power when he and Freeza clashed together]. If so, they all get beaten badly, since all of them are way weaker than Freeza. Up until Goku holds Freeza like he did to Raditz with either Kuririn firing a Kienzan or Piccolo firing a Makankossapo. Or if Piccolo, Kuririn or Goku will get killed by Freeza. Gohan will snap and will annihilate Freeza easily. Freeza's only chance of winning if they kill them right away or if he destroys the planet. Knowing him, he will probably torture them until Goku will hold him up. Planet busting will have a little to no chance of working since Piccolo's Makankossapo/Kuririn's Kienzan or Enraged Gohan would kill him right away.
9/10 in the team's favor

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:55 pm

Base (manga) Vegito VS Buuhan

basically, I'm wondering if the anime filler where Vegito dominates Buuhan in base is actually conceivable.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:13 pm

MaxZ wrote:Base (manga) Vegito VS Buuhan

basically, I'm wondering if the anime filler where Vegito dominates Buuhan in base is actually conceivable.
It's possible, I guess, but considering Goku (and Vegeta by extension) wasn't even at Freeza's level in his base form, the Potara boost would have to be absolutely massive. I personally stick Vegetto's base at 200x Goku's and Vegeta's, which would make him slightly stronger than Fat Boo, but nowhere near Gohan-Boo's level.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:12 pm

I have Base Vegetto at SSJ2-tier, so yeah Super Boo-han screws him bad.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:41 pm

In that same filler Buuhan powers up several times and makes it apparent that he was holding back and can totally whoop base Vegetto's ass. Vegetto seems to agree since he goes Super Saiyan in response to Buu saying this. To be more specific, he starts at a level that gets dominated by Vegetto (presumably the same level he was beating up Goku and Vegeta at), then does a power-up, then gets dominated more, then does ANOTHER power-up complete with screaming and throws a massive energy sphere, then Vegetto casually catches it and punts it like a football. Buu is initially surprised, but then smiles and says he's still stronger than Vegetto. Then Vegetto says "oh yeah? Well then why don't I show you?" and transforms. Buu then goes to full power for the next episode and starts getting his ass kicked by Super Vegetto.

Anime-wise it seems to be:

SS Vegetto >>> Buuhan [full power] >>>>> base Vegetto >>>> Buuhan [second power-up] >>> Buuhan [first power-up] > Buuhan [initial] >>> SS2 Goku/Vegeta

Notably his full power state is able to give SS Vegetto a bit of trouble on a few occasions. So the jump from Buu when he was throwing that energy sphere to Buu's full power must have been pretty enormous.

Manga-wise it's a lot more simple. Vegetto never even tries to fight Buu in base and seems to use some effort to trounce him in SS. So Buuhan >>>> base Vegetto.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:22 am

New match-up, and one I haven't seen before. Trunks from right after the Cell Games enters the Afterlife Tournament. He decides not to use his Super Saiyan form for the first few matches, to make things fair. How far does he get without it?

1. Chapuchai

2. Arqua

3. Maraikoh

4. Olibu

5. Pikkon (with weights)

All of these guys seem to be a step or three below Cell Games base Goku.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:05 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:New match-up, and one I haven't seen before. Trunks from right after the Cell Games enters the Afterlife Tournament. He decides not to use his Super Saiyan form for the first few matches, to make things fair. How far does he get without it?

1. Chapuchai

2. Arqua

3. Maraikoh

4. Olibu

5. Pikkon (with weights)

To be honest, my memory of the Ano'ichi Budokai filler arc is fairly hazy, but I'd be willing to bet that Trunks could beat anybody but Paikuhan.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:23 am

DanielSSJ wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:New match-up, and one I haven't seen before. Trunks from right after the Cell Games enters the Afterlife Tournament. He decides not to use his Super Saiyan form for the first few matches, to make things fair. How far does he get without it?

1. Chapuchai

2. Arqua

3. Maraikoh

4. Olibu

5. Pikkon (with weights)

To be honest, my memory of the Ano'ichi Budokai filler arc is fairly hazy, but I'd be willing to bet that Trunks could beat anybody but Paikuhan.
I'm not quite sure about that. Maraikoh was pretty close in power to base Goku, who is at least a good amount above Trunks at the Cell Games. Olibu was also nearly evenly matched with weighted Pikkon, who himself was only slightly weaker than base Goku. Chapuchai and Arqua were at least good enough to give some trouble to Olibu and base Goku respectively, so they're not complete pushovers either.

I think he'd be decently challenged either way.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

DragonBallGuy

Post by DragonBallGuy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:38 am

New match-up, and one I haven't seen before. Trunks from right after the Cell Games enters the Afterlife Tournament. He decides not to use his Super Saiyan form for the first few matches, to make things fair. How far does he get without it?

1. Chapuchai

2. Arqua

3. Maraikoh

4. Olibu

5. Pikkon (with weights)

Unless Trunks got stronger as he fought all those guys like Goku did, he would lose horribly to Olibu even as a SSJ.
Olibu was able to fight Weighted Paikuhan, who two-hit KO'd Cell.
Please deactivate this account.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:45 am

DragonBallGuy wrote:

1. Chapuchai

2. Arqua

3. Maraikoh

4. Olibu

5. Pikkon (with weights)

Unless Trunks got stronger as he fought all those guys like Goku did, he would lose horribly to Olibu even as a SSJ.
Olibu was able to fight Weighted Paikuhan, who two-hit KO'd Cell.
Pikkon had to use that flaiming kick thing to do it. Also it's not apparent that the Pikkon that fought Cell is the same as the one that fought Olibu. That one is only equal to base Goku, and Freeza > base Goku (much less Cell) is true even in the anime. I mean in the very next arc we have Dabra being stated to be around Cell's strength, and he's very obviously a hell of a lot stronger than base Goku.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

DragonBallGuy

Post by DragonBallGuy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:56 am

That flaming kick technique isn't stated anywhere to be anything special.
Base Goku powered up by fighting through the afterlife tournament, as is stated by Paikuhan:
Please deactivate this account.

supercat

Post by supercat » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:50 pm

Flaming kick likely yields a multiplier that far exceeds anything the Kaioken was able to dish out on screen; this would be the only logical explanation behind Paikuhan two-shotting Super Perfect Cell, when he struggled to push Base Goku out of the ring. I always saw said technique as West Kai's version of Kaioken, as both he and North Kai were depicted as rivals in the anime. And while the latter edged the former when it came to power-enhancing techniques, his ki attacks were outclassed by the former's Spirit Bomb; hence their rivalry and obsession over besting the other came to be.

Regardless, weighted Paikuhan should still be a few notches above Base Goku, as he was able to tank several of his punches without batting an eye, and effortlessly one-shot a seemingly suppressed Frieza.

If we factor all speculations out of the equation and only go by what was explicitly shown / stated in the anime, weighted Paikuhan probably is on par with Super Perfect Cell, and his poor performance against Base Goku was just a result of holding back.

I personally go with something in-between. If Paikuhan really was only Base Goku tier, that would mean merely removing his weighted garments multiplied his strength more than fiftyfold; sounds a bit far-fetched in my opinion. Then again, seeing as how consistency doesn't really appear to be the series' forte, I suppose anything is possible.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Goku (Saiyan Saga) vs Cui

Goku (Saiyan Saga) vs Dodoria

Goku (Sayain Saga) vs Zarbon (no monster form)

Goku can use the Kaioken up to x4

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:01 pm

DragonBallGuy wrote:That flaming kick technique isn't stated anywhere to be anything special.
Base Goku powered up by fighting through the afterlife tournament, as is stated by Paikuhan:
That just means he got stronger, it doesn't mean base Goku is stronger than Super Perfect Cell. He very obviously isn't. Which means Pikkon vs Cell must have been more powerful than Pikkon vs Goku. On top of him using that flaming kick, pseudo-Kaio-Ken thing.

I personally think Trunks would make it past 1 and 2 with moderate difficulty and have a very tough fight with 3, being overpowered but barely managing to prevail through his advantages of flight and Ki attacks (probably by knocking Maraikoh out of the ring). Then be gets to Olibu, who's flat out almost as strong as "between Cell arc and Buu arc base Goku" (so maybe CG Goku level) and gets thrashed until he's forced to pull out SS.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

supercat

Post by supercat » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:16 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:Goku (Saiyan Saga) vs Cui

Goku (Sayain Saga) vs Zarbon (no monster form)

As long as he blitzes through Cui and Dodoria in a timely fashion, he should be able to edge Zarbon after long and hard battle with Kaioken x3.

Kick it up to Kaioken x4, and the trio of villains fail miserably even if they are given the opportunity to attack first as a team.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:39 pm

Goku (Saiyan Saga) vs Zarbon (no monster form)

As long as Kwi and Dodoria have scouters and can get properly scared at his rising power, Goku should be able to finish the first two off without too much trouble with Kaioken x3. Zarbon is a different story. Goku's Kaioken x4 Kamehameha is barely stronger than Zarbon's power level, and based on how it worked with Vegeta, I doubt it'd be able to take him out in one shot.

supercat

Post by supercat » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:45 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:

As long as Kwi and Dodoria have scouters and can get properly scared at his rising power, Goku should be able to finish the first two off without too much trouble with Kaioken x3. Zarbon is a different story. Goku's Kaioken x4 Kamehameha is barely stronger than Zarbon's power level, and based on how it worked with Vegeta, I doubt it'd be able to take him out in one shot.
If Goku's power level was around 8,000, wouldn't a 4x multiplier bring him to ~32,000?

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:52 pm

supercat wrote:
DanielSSJ wrote:

If Goku's power level was around 8,000, wouldn't a 4x multiplier bring him to ~32,000?
Oops, I misread the Zarbon part. I thought it said he was in his transformed state. In that case, A Kaioken x4 would probably be enough to blast away Zarbon as long as Goku isn't too beaten up from his previous Kaioken usage.

supercat

Post by supercat » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:19 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:Oops, I misread the Zarbon part. I thought it said he was in his transformed state. In that case, A Kaioken x4 would probably be enough to blast away Zarbon as long as Goku isn't too beaten up from his previous Kaioken usage.
Monster Zarbon facing off against Kaioken x4 would actually end up being a stellar battle in my opinion. Then again, Zarbon's brutish fighting style probably wouldn't fare too well against Goku's strategically executed movements in the long haul.

Unless the Kaioken fizzles out early on, I'd say the odds are primarily in Goku's favor. But between Zarbon possessing a power level relatively close to Kaioken x4, and the strain-inducing effects of the technique itself, obtaining victory would in no shape or form be a walk in the park.