The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:10 am

Peach wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:40 am Gohan (ToP) vs. Super Saiyan Rage Trunks

Yamcha (Android saga) vs. Nail

Raditz vs. Garlic Jr (movie version)

Android 16 vs. Supreme Kai

King Cold vs. Cooler

SSJ2 Gohan (Cell saga) vs. Gray Buu
Trunks with ease.
Even the Mecha Freeza arc Yamcha wins.
Garlic was overpowered by Goku and Piccolo so if he doesn't have immortality then Raditz kills him with ease.
16 has absolutely no chance against Shin.
Cooler might lose on his true form but has victory assured by going into his final transformation.
Gray Buu slaughters. I have him equal to Pure Boo.

FishermanJohnWest
Beyond Newbie

Post by FishermanJohnWest » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:33 am

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:07 am
Peach wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:34 am
Noah wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:47 pm New match: (probably have been done for death):

- Vegetto Blue vs. Jiren
Vegito for sure.

The promo material for the movie said Broly was the strongest enemy Goku and Vegeta ever faced and Gogeta beat him.

Since portara fusion is stronger than the dance (elder kai's words, not mine), Vegito takes this.
That's just movie hype, the Dragon Ball anime title card call Raditz The Strongest Warrior in All of History.
Dragon Ball Z Episode 002Air Date: 03 May 1989
史上最強の戦士は悟空の兄だった!
Shijō Saikyō no Senshi wa Gokū no Ani Datta!
The Strongest Warrior in All of History is Goku’s Brother!
Raditz was the strongest person at that time so that doesn't disprove absolutely anything, just confirms what the show has told.

FishermanJohnWest
Beyond Newbie

Post by FishermanJohnWest » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:34 am

Triggered Vegeta wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:44 pm
Noah wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:47 pm New match: (probably have been done for death):

- Vegetto Blue vs. Jiren
Anime Jiren(Base) takes it mid diff.

Anime Jiren(LB) prob one shots

SSB Vegito(Manga)(FT arc) can prob pull it off in a high diff fight... Can prob go either way. Beerus is a top tier God... Vegito was compared to him, that says a lot about where the fusion stands. There's a reason why all the God's decided to target him first.
I see this as well

Anime Vegito was trash but manga Vegito was beast

FishermanJohnWest
Beyond Newbie

Post by FishermanJohnWest » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:35 am

Berserker1921 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:49 pm
dragonball0900 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:05 pm

- Vegetto Blue vs. Jiren
Black Saga Vegito loses. Post ToP Vegito wins.
Vegito loses. Jiren is between GoD+ to low angel tier. Vegito/Gogeta as of now, I think are below MUI level. Or Moro level.
Jiren is just GoD level, as he was said to be LIKE a GoD, perhaps higher

Nothing says he is higher then that. He ain't close to either of the fusion, and neither is MUI Goku.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:53 am

FishermanJohnWest wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:33 am
Peach wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:34 am
Vegito for sure.

The promo material for the movie said Broly was the strongest enemy Goku and Vegeta ever faced and Gogeta beat him.

Since portara fusion is stronger than the dance (elder kai's words, not mine), Vegito takes this.
That's just movie hype, the Dragon Ball anime title card call Raditz The Strongest Warrior in All of History.
Dragon Ball Z Episode 002Air Date: 03 May 1989
史上最強の戦士は悟空の兄だった!
Shijō Saikyō no Senshi wa Gokū no Ani Datta!
The Strongest Warrior in All of History is Goku’s Brother!
Raditz was the strongest person at that time so that doesn't disprove absolutely anything, just confirms what the show has told.
If Broly was stronger then Jiren, Goku and Vegeta would have said it in the movie, the title card said in ALL OF HISTORY which is wrong, just like Burter being the fastest in the universe, its all just hype.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:34 pm

I think Gohan would clench it. Standards are almost always raised after every arc. Mind you, my opinion is that Gohan was comparable to the blue fighters.
My estimate of Yamcha at this time sees him defeating Piccolo after fusing with Nail, let alone Nail by himself.
Didn't Goku and Piccolo manage to oppose Garlic Jr to a degree? I think he would have been comparable to Chaozu or Yajirobe after training with Kami. Raditz takes this with moderate difficulty at the most, provided there isn't any immortality involved.
I believe Shin could potentially handle MSSJ Goku from the Cell Games, possibly even Cell with his psychic abilities. #16 would be easily dispensed with.
King Cold vs. Cooler
Cooler was remarked as having a ki greater than Freeza's in his ascended form. Cold was always the weakest of the three unless you want to count the fan comic, Multiverse.
Good Buu would prove too much, in my opinion, let alone the stronger Grey Buu. I see Gohan after training with the Z-Sword having a difficult time with Grey Buu, much less the Gohan from 7 years ago.

FishermanJohnWest
Beyond Newbie

Post by FishermanJohnWest » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:01 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:53 am
FishermanJohnWest wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:33 am

If Broly was stronger then Jiren, Goku and Vegeta would have said it in the movie, the title card said in ALL OF HISTORY which is wrong, just like Burter being the fastest in the universe, its all just hype.
No they don't. Goku always measures a new foe to a previous foe that was his strongest previously or a overall statement about how strong the person is, which was Beerus, not Jiren. And Jiren did appear in the movie as well. If Beerus was the measuring stick, that means Beerus was the strongest before Broly, not Jiren.

And at that time, all of DB history was correct since in the history of DB at that time, no one was above Raditz, but clearly as time went on, stronger foes arrived. So the hype they said is correct as he was the strongest. It's hype for the series and character, and no, Broly being called the strongest is nothing like Burter lol

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:10 pm

Down the Beerus rabbit hole we go lol.

Some versus:
  • Dark Janemba vs SS Kefla
  • SS3 XGoku & SS3 XVegeta vs Wrathful I Broly (the one on par with God Vegeta)
  • Powerhouse Saganbo (just before bursting) vs God Goku
  • 7-3 (Hit abilities) vs SSB KK×10 Goku
P O W E R

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:42 am

And Jiren did appear in the movie as well. If Beerus was the measuring stick, that means Beerus was the strongest before Broly, not Jiren.
He did appear, but Goku and Vegeta was not like" oh this guy is stronger then Jiren" and Goku don't know how Strong Beerus real is so that was a bad measuring stick from Goku.

But let's just agree to disagree :thumbup:.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:10 am

FishermanJohnWest wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:01 pm No they don't. Goku always measures a new foe to a previous foe that was his strongest previously or a overall statement about how strong the person is, which was Beerus, not Jiren. And Jiren did appear in the movie as well. If Beerus was the measuring stick, that means Beerus was the strongest before Broly, not Jiren.
Beerus was holding back against Goku when they fought.
Whis was also holding back against Goku when they were training. This kind of logic implies Broly > Whis, which is obviously untrue.

When Goku says Broly might be stronger than Beerus, that's all he means. Anything more than that is just glorified head-canon.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:10 pm Down the Beerus rabbit hole we go lol.

Some versus:
1. Depends on how strong you think Kefla is. SS Kefla seemed to be pushed by Kaio-Ken Goku, and at the same time she was compared to Goku's Genkidama.
I think Dark Janemba should be stronger than the power of 4 or 5 SSBs combined. Even disregarding power, with his teleportation hax, and by the sheer virtue of being cooler, I think Janemba wins.

2. Any SS3 Xeno Saiyan alone should be stronger, though there's not a very huge gap.

3. Powerhouse Saganbo.

4.7-3 wins. Pre-ToP Hit still had his killing techniques, Post-ToP he has the Time Cage / Time Lag.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

FishermanJohnWest
Beyond Newbie

Post by FishermanJohnWest » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:09 pm

DBZ Macky wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:10 am
FishermanJohnWest wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:01 pm No they don't. Goku always measures a new foe to a previous foe that was his strongest previously or a overall statement about how strong the person is, which was Beerus, not Jiren. And Jiren did appear in the movie as well. If Beerus was the measuring stick, that means Beerus was the strongest before Broly, not Jiren.
Beerus was holding back against Goku when they fought.
Whis was also holding back against Goku when they were training. This kind of logic implies Broly > Whis, which is obviously untrue.

When Goku says Broly might be stronger than Beerus, that's all he means. Anything more than that is just glorified head-canon.
Considering Goku saw Beerus and Champa nearly destroy the universe twice and was all bloody from their battle, and also saw Beerus go all out in the manga witnessing Beerus full power, I'd say that point is moot

This idea that Goku doesn't know Beerus FP, is nothing but fan made head canon that the series hasn't even ONCE to consider.

And Goku said probably, not might've, PROBABLY.

Probably is
prob·a·bly
/ˈpräbəblē,ˈpräblē/
Learn to pronounce
adverb
adverb: probably

almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.
"she would probably never see him again"

Broly is most likely above Beerus, not maybe above Beerus.
Last edited by FishermanJohnWest on Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FishermanJohnWest
Beyond Newbie

Post by FishermanJohnWest » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:11 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:42 am
And Jiren did appear in the movie as well. If Beerus was the measuring stick, that means Beerus was the strongest before Broly, not Jiren.
He did appear, but Goku and Vegeta was not like" oh this guy is stronger then Jiren" and Goku don't know how Strong Beerus real is so that was a bad measuring stick from Goku.

But let's just agree to disagree :thumbup:.
He actually does know considering he saw him go all out against his brother in a bloody battle within the anime, and saw his FP in the manga

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:53 am

Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, and Chiaotzu (Cell Saga) vs. Frieza (Namek)

Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, and Chiaotzu (Cell Saga) vs. Mecha Frieza.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:26 am

Peach wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:53 am Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, and Chiaotzu (Cell Saga) vs. Frieza (Namek)

First form Freeza with his eyes closed and hands tied behind his back can easily kill them without even trying.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:38 am

Peach wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:53 am Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, and Chiaotzu (Cell Saga) vs. Frieza (Namek)

They get killed by 4th form Freeza.

Now if this was ToP arc then the humans can win by teamwork.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:49 pm

At full strength? There's debate over whether the Moro arc humans could challenge Freeza, let alone the ones from much earlier in the series. I think they would be trounced absent the Kikoho or Kienzan landing.

There's just scarcely any feats for the humans after the Saiyan and Namek arcs. All we have to go off of, beyond the Kikoho, are implications like Tenshinhan avoiding Gero's Bionic Lasers in tandem with base Goku. It's hardly enough to draw a sound conclusion on how they measure up against the tyrant, though.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:39 pm

Lionel wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:49 pm

At full strength? There's debate over whether the Moro arc humans could challenge Freeza, let alone the ones from much earlier in the series. I think they would be trounced absent the Kikoho or Kienzan landing.

There's just scarcely any feats for the humans after the Saiyan and Namek arcs. All we have to go off of, beyond the Kikoho, are implications like Tenshinhan avoiding Gero's Bionic Lasers in tandem with base Goku. It's hardly enough to draw a sound conclusion on how they measure up against the tyrant, though.
Can you explain what Kikoho or Kienzan are? Tenshinhan is the jap name for Tien right?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:29 pm

Peach wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:39 pm
Lionel wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:49 pm

Can you explain what Kikoho or Kienzan are? Tenshinhan is the jap name for Tien right?
Kikoho (Kikouhou) = Tri-Beam
Kienzan = Destructo Disk
Tenshinhan = Tien Shinhan (or just Tien), yes (also it might be smart to say Japanese or JP rather than "jap")

As far as the fights go, I have to agree with most of the other responses. I don't think DBZ's power creep was intense enough to allow for the humans to defeat Frieza just one arc later. I will, however, say that I think they could force Frieza into his 2nd form with some luck and a good strategy.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:28 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:10 pm Down the Beerus rabbit hole we go lol.

Some versus:
1) Janemba seemed like he could take on two SSB level characters at once(blue and this SS4 are equals here), but if they were to work as well as two same characters could(blue goku and ss4 Goku) then they might be able to take him down. I think SS Kefla wouldn't be able to fight two post-ToP blue characters like Dark Janemba did.

2) If Xeno SS4 matches SSB, then SS3 should be as close as they can get to SSG, although the gap between SS3 and SS4 might be larger than God and Blue. I think Broly has the edge.

3) Saganbo probably is stronger than SSG.

4) I don't think Goku would have much problem with Hit's abilities. He countered him twice, after the ToP he might not even need kaioken. With Kaioken he stomps.

King Cold vs. Cooler

1) There is nothing implying ToP Gohan is as close as SSB like SSR Trunks was. He fought and pushed back Black Rose, Gohan couldn't touch Golden Freeza, Toppo which is the tier I'd put Black.

2) Taking filler into account, Yamcha wins just like he won against the Ginyu force.

3) Garlic was somewhat relative to Goku and Piccolo, nobody had to die to get rid of him. Raditz was above their league.

4) Shin probably can take anybody from that arc except Gohan, Goku and Perfect Cell.

5) Cooler forced Goku to go SS, King Cold tried to hustle a SS to gain an advantage. Cooler wins.

6) I think a SS2 from that time might be strong enough to take down Good Buu. Grey Buu should be closer or even with Kid Buu

- Vegetto Blue vs. Jiren
Anime FT Vegito loses
Anime ToP Vegito forces him to break his limits
Manga FT Vegito would need to land his FKHH to defeat him, without it I'm not sure.
Manga ToP Vegito wins.

Actually, the fusion might not last long enough to defeat Jiren, even if they wielded more power.

Freeza eats them alive like that crab when he was making Vegeta cry. They were shit scared of Mecha Freeza and nobody really improved in a considerable way after that. Probably in his 1st or 2nd form too, I don't see him needing his final form for Chaozu and co. Maybe Ten's Shin Kikoho might make Freeza sweat it, but Tenshinhan would need the surprise factor to pull that off.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:11 pm

• SS2 Overloaded Kefla and SS2 Rage Spirit Bomb FTrunks (from Universe survival arc) vs SS3 Cumber
  • 7-Moro-3 vs Golden Great Ape Ultra Pinich
  • Toppo (full power Base), Enraged SSR Black, Golden Cooler and Post-Namek Moro (no absorbtion) vs 2nd Form Anilaza
  • Super Perfect Cell vs 7-3 (peak) (stats equalized)
P O W E R