The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jgforever

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by jgforever » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:34 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:20 pm Videl (pigtails) vs Chi-Chi (23rd Budokai)
Chi Chi was able to make it to the Top 8 of the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai meaning she had to have beaten many powerful martial artists. She also is shown to have a decent amount of martial arts knowledge.

Video meanwhile was only shown fighting very basic criminals whose strength is most likely not the notable.

Chi Chi would win easily

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:49 pm

jgforever wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:34 pm
Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:20 pm Videl (pigtails) vs Chi-Chi (23rd Budokai)
Chi Chi was able to make it to the Top 8 of the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai meaning she had to have beaten many powerful martial artists. She also is shown to have a decent amount of martial arts knowledge.

Video meanwhile was only shown fighting very basic criminals whose strength is most likely not the notable.

Chi Chi would win easily
I also believe Chi-Chi would win, although I don't know that it would be a runaway win. I think Videl had still had a ton of martial arts training and was already better than her father (who, although he's a blithering idiot, was actually an OK martial artist by normal standards).
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:39 pm

Chi-Chi and easily IMO. While Videl would have done well in the 21st TB (possibly losing only to Goku and Roshi), by the time of the 23rd, the competition had grown at least 3x more fierce. Chi-Chi made it to the quarterfinals of that and lost to the champion. We didn't see Chi-Chi's exact level because Goku was so much better than her, but she was still impressive. Roshi recognizes her skill and mentions that her style is similar to the Turtle school, whatever that means. So I've always thought she was well above Videl.

I think Videl is 21st TB low to mid-tier
I think Chi-Chi is 22nd TB mid to high-tier
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:56 pm

Chi-Chi easily, her power lvl is just a bit lower than Pilaf saga Roshi. Chi-Chi power is 130 and Roshi 139, Videl would have no chance.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:01 am

BWri wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:39 pm
Chi-Chi and easily IMO. While Videl would have done well in the 21st TB (possibly losing only to Goku and Roshi), by the time of the 23rd, the competition had grown at least 3x more fierce. Chi-Chi made it to the quarterfinals of that and lost to the champion. We didn't see Chi-Chi's exact level because Goku was so much better than her, but she was still impressive. Roshi recognizes her skill and mentions that her style is similar to the Turtle school, whatever that means. So I've always thought she was well above Videl.

I think Videl is 21st TB low to mid-tier
I think Chi-Chi is 22nd TB mid to high-tier
This is correct, and actually pretty obvious now that I think on it. Videl was top-tier competition (excluding the main Z cast) in the 25th, but the caliber was so much lower in general from previous tournaments (again, excluding the main cast). I remember this being stated now in the manga. I'm not sure even tournament/short-hair Videl would've made it past the preliminaries in the 23rd now that I think about it.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:52 am

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:01 am This is correct, and actually pretty obvious now that I think on it. Videl was top-tier competition (excluding the main Z cast) in the 25th, but the caliber was so much lower in general from previous tournaments (again, excluding the main cast). I remember this being stated now in the manga. I'm not sure even tournament/short-hair Videl would've made it past the preliminaries in the 23rd now that I think about it.
It's hard to figure out who'd get past the preliminaries due to much of it being luck based. If Chi-Chi had come across Tao or King Chappa for instance, I'm not sure she'd even make it to the quarterfinals. But I see what you mean and agree, because even with that luck based component, the competition was incredibly stiff. I'd like to believe even the "weak" jobber fighters of the 23rd TB were considerably better than the previous batch and much better than of the ones in the 24th and 25th TBs.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:07 am

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to make a second VS match.

Do you guys think that if Goku at the beginning of Dragon Ball Super had as much training as GT Goku after the 100 year timeskip, he'd be able to better match Beerus?
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:22 am

Chi Chi solos Videl easily
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:17 am

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:07 am I suppose it wouldn't hurt to make a second VS match.

Do you guys think that if Goku at the beginning of Dragon Ball Super had as much training as GT Goku after the 100 year timeskip, he'd be able to better match Beerus?
It depends on what kind of training we are talking about, but considering he probably trained for a century in some other realm, yeah, I think he'd be able to surpass the boost he got from the god ritual. I mean, Gohan already surpassed that power by the ToP and it didn't take him 100 years in a mysterious place.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:31 pm

Uub (GT) vs. Ledgic

This is Uub before he fused with Buu

Who wins?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:03 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:31 pm Uub (GT) vs. Ledgic

This is Uub before he fused with Buu

Who wins?
Wasn't Ledgic completely overwhelmed by SS Goku? Uub sure can put up a better fight than that.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:29 am

Paikuhan vs. Future Trunks

Rules:

This is Future Trunks when fighting against Dabra
Paikuhan has no weight clothes on

Who wins?
She/Her

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:35 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:29 am Paikuhan vs. Future Trunks

Rules:

Who wins?
If Trunks unlocks SS2, like against Dabura, he wins. If he fails to do so, he'll lose, he is not experienced enough to see through Paikuhan's attack, only with sheer power he'd be able to bypass that.

Sūpāsaiya

Post by Sūpāsaiya » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:58 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:29 am Paikuhan vs. Future Trunks

Rules:

Who wins?
Trunks should stomp even before unlocking Super Saiyan 2.

Sūpāsaiya

Post by Sūpāsaiya » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:17 pm

The Super Cell Games

In a hypothetical where Gohan lost hope and Vegeta refused to help against Cell, Cell came out victiorious and killed all the Z-Fighters. Somehow he ends up being teleported into another dimension, where he is forced to battle many opponents one after another in the original Cell Games arena (although being knocked out of the arena isn't a win condition anymore). He is fully healed after every fight. How far does he make it?

Round 1: Gohan (Vs. Dabura)
Round 2: Dabura, The Demon King
Round 3: Vegeta (Pre Babidi's Magic)
Round 4: Goku (Vs. Majin Vegeta, Cannot go Super Saiyan 2)
Round 5: SS2 Gohan (The Original Cell Games)

AtlasFlame18

Post by AtlasFlame18 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:00 pm

Sūpāsaiya wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:17 pm The Super Cell Games

In a hypothetical where Gohan lost hope and Vegeta refused to help against Cell, Cell came out victiorious and killed all the Z-Fighters. Somehow he ends up being teleported into another dimension, where he is forced to battle many opponents one after another in the original Cell Games arena (although being knocked out of the arena isn't a win condition anymore). He is fully healed after every fight. How far does he make it?

Round 1: Cell wins due to Gohan being weaker than his Cell Games counterpart

Round 2: Cell wins but has to avoid stone spit otherwise he takes it with more difficulty than his round 1 fight.

Round 3: Cell loses due to Vegeta being stronger than Gohan. This Vegeta has achieved SS2 though weaker than Goku's SS2 pre-Babidi's magic I can't see SS2 Vegeta being weaker than SS2 Cell Games Gohan.

Round 4: Cell wins because SS Goku in the Buu arc is not stronger than SS2 Gohan from the Cell Games

Round 5: Cell loses because Gohan won't be handicapped by protecting Vegeta

Sūpāsaiya

Post by Sūpāsaiya » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:18 pm

Round 3: Cell loses due to Vegeta being stronger than Gohan. This Vegeta has achieved SS2 though weaker than Goku's SS2 pre-Babidi's magic I can't see SS2 Vegeta being weaker than SS2 Cell Games Gohan.
I actually think Gohan was superior to him prior to getting his boost from Babidi. I base that off Vegeta's statement "Impressive. You're even stronger than Gohan was against Cell" when Goku powered up to Super Saiyan 2 against him. He had already seen SS2 Goku against Yakon briefly and that's what caused him to let himslef be possessed by Babidi, because he felt himself as inferior to his rival. Going by that, it seems to be implied that Full Power SS2 Goku > Cell Games Gohan > SS2 Goku (Initial) > Vegeta.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:13 pm

Future Trunks TOP team:

Future Trunks
Broly (DBS)
Fat Buu (Controlled by Shin)
Moro
Metal Cooler
Bojack
Aka
Tagoma
Future Gohan
Paikuhan

How far do they go?
She/Her

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:34 pm

AtlasFlame18 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:00 pm
Sūpāsaiya wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:17 pm The Super Cell Games

Round 1: Cell wins due to Gohan being weaker than his Cell Games counterpart

Round 2: Cell wins but has to avoid stone spit otherwise he takes it with more difficulty than his round 1 fight.

Round 4: Cell wins because SS Goku in the Buu arc is not stronger than SS2 Gohan from the Cell Games

Round 5: Cell loses because Gohan won't be handicapped by protecting Vegeta
Agreed with 4 or these, except Round 3 because of this:
Sūpāsaiya wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:18 pm
I actually think Gohan was superior to him prior to getting his boost from Babidi. I base that off Vegeta's statement "Impressive. You're even stronger than Gohan was against Cell" when Goku powered up to Super Saiyan 2 against him. He had already seen SS2 Goku against Yakon briefly and that's what caused him to let himslef be possessed by Babidi, because he felt himself as inferior to his rival. Going by that, it seems to be implied that Full Power SS2 Goku > Cell Games Gohan > SS2 Goku (Initial) > Vegeta.
Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:13 pm Future Trunks TOP team:

Future Trunks
Broly (DBS)
Moro
Metal Cooler
Bojack
Aka
Tagoma
Future Gohan
Paikuhan

How far do they go?
Moro can eat up the saiyans (they can't get over his magic without training, and I doubt Goku could unlock UI in a depleted state, as seen when he needed Uub's help to turn on UI), he probably would do it even easier than in the manga, with all the distractions and people on the arena.

Broly is not strong enough nor has the necessary triggers available to unlock SS. Even if he had them, Jiren would still be above him. Jiren is not dumb, he'd ring out Broly the moment he realises he is a freak of nature. Broly can only contend in his FP state, there's too much room for Jiren to defeat him without even getting serious.

The rest of the team cannot do much against U6 characters or Toppo and Dyspo.

It all boils down to how much power can Moro absorb before facing Jiren. He needed tons of planets to be above Sign Goku, even after absorbing Goku and Vegeta, he was still below SSB, and most of the ToP fighters are fodder. So, he probably would be below the power he had on Earth.
Jiren probably can move fast enough to prevent Moro from absorbing his power, and if he notices what he can do soon enough, he'd ring him out immediately before he reaches his youngest form.
I don't know, Moro is a wild card, he'd need to absorb a lot of ki to beat Jiren, but there are many variables that could tilt the scale in his favour. Although, he is pure evil so he might kill someone and get disqualified.
I don't see this team winning the ToP.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:51 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:13 pm Future Trunks TOP team:

Future Trunks
Broly (DBS)
Moro
Metal Cooler
Bojack
Aka
Tagoma
Future Gohan
Paikuhan

How far do they go?
I actually think they have a chance to win.

Future Trunks, Boo and Moro could defeat GoD Toppo and Kefla if they get lucky. Broly could take Jiren if he gets mad enough. The rest of the heavy hitters easily fall to Moro arc Boo thanks to his regeneration hax.

The rest can take the fodder.