The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Darkron2151 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:08 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Bardock and his squad all gang up and go Oozaru on Freeza's first form. Who comes out on top?
Any version of Bardock in any special or DB Minus would get crushed, even with his crew. Freeza's just too strong. They'd probably lose to the Ginyu Force as well.

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:15 am

Aaaaand let's have a few match ups for the evening...

Mr. Popo VS Tien (Start of Z)

Saibaman VS Buu Saga Base Gohan
[Saibaman spews his head acid directly at Gohan. Gohan tanks it and doesn't block or move. Will Gohan's melt and die or will the Saibamen get one-shotted afterwards?]

Androids Saga Piccolo + Kami Potara Fusion VS Semi-Perfect Cell

Cell Games USSJ Future Trunks with sword VS Culture Fluid Bio-Broly
Last edited by Angelus on Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:47 am

Angelus wrote:Aaaaand let's have a few match ups for the evening...

Mr. Popo VS Tenshinhan (Start of Z)

22nd WMAT Tenshinhan VS Tambourine and Cymbal

Androids Saga Piccolo + Kami Potara Fusion VS Semi-Perfect Cell

Cell Games USSJ Future Trunks with sword VS Culture Fluid Bio-Broly
1. Couldn't tell you.

2. Tenshinhan loses. The duo would be too much for him.

3. It would probably yield the same power if not actually hinder the fusion (mostly because Kami and Piccolo are too different of people in order for it to be a really strong fusion). Imperfect Cell takes this, let alone Semi-Cell.

4. Trunks blasts him into oblivion. The speed "problem" isn't really a problem because Bio-Broly's slow as crap and has little to no agility. He pretty much only tanks and beats up Trunks and Goten during the movie and just keeps walking. As long as Future Trunks out-muscles him, I'm sure he can pull it off.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:51 am

Ohh lol... I edited it in mere moments just right before you replied. :lol:

Hm.. so you find this Potara fusion to be even weaker than if they just turned Kamiccolo, the Namekian way? But why? I thought Potara was just that insane?

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:20 am

Angelus wrote: Saibaman VS Buu Saga Base Gohan
[Saibaman spews his head acid directly at Gohan's. Gohan tanks it and doesn't block or move. Will Gohan's melt and die or will the Saibamen get one-shotted afterwards?]
Gohan is completely unharmed and kills the Saibamen with a thought.
Hm.. so you find this Potara fusion to be even weaker than if they just turned Kamiccolo, the Namekian way? But why? I thought Potara was just that insane?
The Potara doesn't have a strict or "base" increase. It entirely depends on the ones fusing. The fusion of Kami and Piccolo with Potara would probably end up the same way Elder Kaioshin did. Elder Kaioshin stated that he gained his powers because of the potara fusion with the witch, but made no comment on his power (ki) becoming stronger. The same may happen with......"Piccami".... :|

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:07 am

Saibaman's acid will hurt Gohan like a bug bite and kills the Saibaman like a fly.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:18 am

Freeza's common soldiers (Banan, Sui, ect.) vs Yajirobe (Saiyan saga).

Freeza's common soldiers (Banan, Sui, ect.) vs Gohan (Saiyan saga).

Freeza's elite soldiers (Appule, etc.) vs Bardock (canon one from Minus).

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:27 am

Zombie wrote:Freeza's common soldiers (Banan, Sui, ect.) vs Yajirobe (Saiyan saga).

I liked to use the video game levels for those two, which are 840 and 980 IIRC. He's essentially equal to them individually, or slightly stronger. I guess it depends on whether or not they take advantage of their flight and blasters. Yajirobe's sword would probably make him a lot deadlier than them in melee combat. This is assuming one on one match-ups of course.

Wins against the weaker of those two because Freeza's thugs suck, loses against the stronger one because he and the thug have equal power and he's still a child.

Appule was able to survive the fight at the Namekian village, against fighters with battle powers of 3,000. I think he takes Minus Bardock with a lot of trouble (2,400 vs 2,700). I assume that Bardock is more skilled and durable, but I don't think his non-power advantages are big enough to make up for a solid strength disadvantage like that.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Zombie wrote:Freeza's common soldiers (Banan, Sui, ect.) vs Yajirobe (Saiyan saga).

Banan and Sui. Sure, Yajirobe fought an enemy that can fly before (Cymbal) and his sword can cut through an off-guard Saiyan Saga Great Ape Vegeta, but Banan and Sui, based on their video game PLs, would be very close to Yajirobe's PL. They could dodge whatever jumping-slash sword attack Yajirobe could try to pull off. Yajirobe can only win this if they fight solely on land and not fly at all. His swords slashes would cut through these guys.

Gohan. Gohan and Krillin one-shotted Banan and Sui. Gohan can do that himself.

Bardock. Appule couldn't handle a shot of Raspberry Schnapps. Appule is an elite? lol

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:21 pm

SSJ3 Goku vs SSJ Gotenks (No time limit on transformations or fusion)

Fat Buu w/o Pure Boo vs Dabra

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:SSJ3 Goku vs SSJ Gotenks (No time limit on transformations or fusion)

1. Goku beats him. SSJ Gotenks was only implied to be above Fat Buu, and there's quite a gap between Fat Buu and Goku.

2. So I'm guessing this is Mr. Buu vs. Dabura? It ends the same way it did last time, with Dabura either as a cookie or a pile of ash.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:34 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:SSJ3 Goku vs SSJ Gotenks (No time limit on transformations or fusion)

1. SSJ Gotenks [pre] was stated like 3 times to be stronger than Goku, and I only have a 1.25x gap between Goku and Boo. So pre Gotenks wins with a little difficulty, but post stomps.

2. Still Fat Boo.

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:36 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote: 1. SSJ Gotenks [pre] was stated like 3 times to be stronger than Goku, and I only have a 1.25x gap between Goku and Boo. So pre Gotenks wins with a little difficulty, but post stomps.
I'd like to hear when these "3 times" happened, if you don't mind.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:51 pm

Chapter: 476 (DBZ 282), P9.3
Piccolo: “If that bastard felt like it, he could wipe out the entire Earth, up here included, in the blink of an eye…!”
Goku: “It’s alright, I don’t think he’ll take out the Earth. After all, I told him that in 2 days, someone stronger than me would fight him, and he seemed happy…”

Chapter: 472 (DBZ 278), P9.4
Context: after explaining that Fusion lasts 30 minutes
Goku: “With these two [Goten and Trunks], if they just manage to perform Fusion successfully, I think they’ll definitely be able to defeat [Boo] within 30 minutes. Fusion is just that extreme.”

Chapter: 477 (DBZ 283), P11.8
Context: Chi-Chi thinks Goten will get killed by Boo
Goku: “Don’t worry. If he perfects the technique he’s trying now, he definitely ain’t gonna lose.”

The fact that there's a small gap between Boo and SS3 Goku (IMO) also means Gotenks (if he was) can't be terribly far from Goku and be able to beat Boo.
Piccolo also commented saying Gotenks ki is incredible, as if he had some kind of pre set expectation

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:10 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Chapter: 476 (DBZ 282), P9.3
Piccolo: “If that bastard felt like it, he could wipe out the entire Earth, up here included, in the blink of an eye…!”
Goku: “It’s alright, I don’t think he’ll take out the Earth. After all, I told him that in 2 days, someone stronger than me would fight him, and he seemed happy…”

Chapter: 472 (DBZ 278), P9.4
Context: after explaining that Fusion lasts 30 minutes
Goku: “With these two [Goten and Trunks], if they just manage to perform Fusion successfully, I think they’ll definitely be able to defeat [Boo] within 30 minutes. Fusion is just that extreme.”

Chapter: 477 (DBZ 283), P11.8
Context: Chi-Chi thinks Goten will get killed by Boo
Goku: “Don’t worry. If he perfects the technique he’s trying now, he definitely ain’t gonna lose.”
Goku said that to Buu just to keep him from destroying everything. He literally says afterwards something like, " They're coming in a couple days, so make sure not to destroy anything". He even says the same thing to Piccolo as to why Buu WON'T destroy the planet. And the other two quotes just mean that Gotenks will be enough to beat Buu. Goku later states that he's actually taking a pretty big gamble with this fusion plan.
The fact that there's a small gap between Boo and SS3 Goku (IMO) also means Gotenks (if he was) can't be terribly far from Goku and be able to beat Boo.
Piccolo also commented saying Gotenks ki is incredible, as if he had some kind of pre set expectation.
There's nothing implying that there was just a small gap. Goku straight up smiled when Buu punched him and then batted away a Kamehameha. And that was when Goku was holding back, as he admits to it later on to Piccolo.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:17 pm

The gamble is them being able to learn fusion in time. The fact that he'd actually risk the whole earth and potentially universe shows his confidence in Gotenks' power. and no one ever contradicted Goku's statement, or doubted Gotenks' power.

Neither Goku nor Boo were taking it seriously

Goku also exerted visible effort deflecting the Kamehameha, and it's obvious that the two were enjoying themselves and not going for the kill. Goku even said he was ending the fun.

Chapter: 475 (DBZ 281), P9.5-6
Context: after Goku returns to his normal form after fighting Boo as a Super Saiyan 3
Boo: “Hey! Why’d you change back? It’s fun fighting you. Let’s do some more!”
Goku: “That’s an honor. However, I ain’t got no time. I can’t just play around with you forever.”

Besides, look at the Vegeta vs. Monster Zarbon (1st time) fight, that's a small gap there with complete dominance

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:37 pm

SS Gotenks [post] vs. Super Janemba

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:46 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:The gamble is them being able to learn fusion in time. The fact that he'd actually risk the whole earth and potentially universe shows his confidence in Gotenks' power. and no one ever contradicted Goku's statement, or doubted Gotenks' power.
That's true. My bad. And you're right, no one doubted Gotenks' power. As in his power to beat Buu, which is the only thing stated.
Goku also exerted visible effort deflecting the Kamehameha, and it's obvious that the two were enjoying themselves and not going for the kill. Goku even said he was ending the fun.

Chapter: 475 (DBZ 281), P9.5-6
Context: after Goku returns to his normal form after fighting Boo as a Super Saiyan 3
Boo: “Hey! Why’d you change back? It’s fun fighting you. Let’s do some more!”
Goku: “That’s an honor. However, I ain’t got no time. I can’t just play around with you forever.”
Yeah, he did show difficulty, because it's a freaking Kamehameha. It's not just some casual ki blast like Buu's rapid-fire technique, which Goku batted out of the way without any effort at all. And again, he admits he also held back as well. As for both of them not going for the kill, you're right, otherwise, Goku would've just destroyed Buu right then and there as he admits to having the ability to do later, within the context of facing an even-stronger form of Buu.
Besides, look at the Vegeta vs. Monster Zarbon (1st time) fight, that's a small gap there with complete dominance.
Zarbon didn't tank a punch from Vegeta. It actually made him bleed and there was distinguishable pain shown on his face upon impact. He smiles it off afterwards, but it still did had a noticeable effect. And unlike Goku, Zarbon had no intention of letting Vegeta live, yet Vegeta still survived, even after holding his own for a bit.
SS Gotenks [post] vs. Super Janemba
Because of my reasoning above, IMO, Gotenks doesn't even beat Goku, let alone Super Janemba.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:50 pm

I think a 1.25x gap is enough to be able to finish someone off. I don't think the Goku-Boo gap needs to be as extravagant as 2x+, and who's to say Boo has good ki amp? The KHH was only charged like a panel, just a casual kamehameha, not something like Goku's warp kamehameha. I'd say 1.35-1.75x is a perfect gap for Goku/Boo.

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:56 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:I think a 1.25x gap is enough to be able to finish someone off. I don't think the Goku-Boo gap needs to be as extravagant as 2x+, and who's to say Boo has good ki amp? The KHH was only charged like a panel, just a casual kamehameha, not something like Goku's warp kamehameha. I'd say 1.35-1.75x is a perfect gap for Goku/Boo.
I'd give it a 1.333-1.5x gap myself. And I never said Buu did have good amplification. I was just saying that even a regular kamehameha is FAR greater than any regular ol' ki blast. And I'm one of those people that would also claim that SSJ Goku could've beaten down Freeza almost as easily as Zarbon did Vegeta, but he just decided to screw around the entire time and enjoy his fight with the "strongest being in the universe", as he also did with Fat Buu while stalling for time.