The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:49 pm

1) From Z, who could survive or even tank Goku's friendship fist from the Z Broly movie that defeated Broly? who can beat that fleeting Goku?

2) Old Moro, no magic, just raw power, runs the gauntlet during the Buu arc against every Buu iteration, can he clear? what Buu can stop him?

3) Old Moro (no magic, prior to Buu's demise and his escape), how strong do you need to be to execute him? could Cell do it?

4) Mr. Buu/DaiKaioshin(the one that beat up Moro), can he solo Z?

5) SS Vegeta (Moro arc - Namek), who can stop him from Z?

6) Initial Base Broly (before getting bursts of ikari in his eyes - the one that couldn't keep up with SS Vegeta) vs Perfect Cell.

7) That crystal trapping Enma's palace in the Janemba movie that was cracked by insults, who could destroy it with raw power and good manners?

8 ) Depleted Base Freeza and Base/SS Goku from the End of the ToP vs Super Perfect Cell

9) Black Freeza vs Beerus FP (is he above Beerus or not? how serious Beerus needs to get to win?)

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:42 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:49 pm 1) From Z, who could survive or even tank Goku's friendship fist from the Z Broly movie that defeated Broly? who can beat that fleeting Goku?

2) Old Moro, no magic, just raw power, runs the gauntlet during the Buu arc against every Buu iteration, can he clear? what Buu can stop him?

3) Old Moro (no magic, prior to Buu's demise and his escape), how strong do you need to be to execute him? could Cell do it?

4) Mr. Buu/Dai Kaioshin(the one that beat up Moro), can he solo Z?

6) Initial Base Broly (before getting bursts of ikari in his eyes - the one that couldn't keep up with SS Vegeta) vs Perfect Cell.

7) That crystal trapping Enma's palace in the Janemba movie that was cracked by insults, who could destroy it with raw power and good manners?

8 ) Depleted Base Freeza and Base/SS Goku from the End of the ToP vs Super Perfect Cell

9) Black Freeza vs Beerus FP (is he above Beerus or not? how serious Beerus needs to get to win?)
1) Pretty sure Paikuhan could survive it with some difficulty, but Fat Janemba could definitely tank it.

2.) I'd say that he could probably kill every version of Boo if he felt like it.

3) You'd probably need a Super Saiyan 3 level opponent to do it easily.

4) Yes

5) Maybe Super Vegetto?????

6) I think I'm giving it to Broly, considering he was able to throw hands with Super Saiyan Vegeta, at LEAST.

7) Uhhh...Gogeta?

8 ) I think that Super Perfect Cell will win, considering that Goku couldn't even hold Super Saiyan for a minute.

9) Beerus, because he's a moving goalpost and we have no idea what his limit of power even is.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:51 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:49 pm 1) From Z, who could survive or even tank Goku's friendship fist from the Z Broly movie that defeated Broly? who can beat that fleeting Goku?

1) I say Super Perfect Cell.
2) Didn't Vegeta turned SSB to fight him?
3) No? No one from Z can kill him.
4) Yes? He beat up someone who Vegeta transformed into SSB to fight.
5) SS Vegetto, maybe.
6) Broly finger flicks.
7) Probably Boohan.
8) Cell gets taken down in less than a second.
9) I really hope Beerus needs his full power. It's getting ridiculous how is power gets retconned.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:38 am

1. I'm not sure. Not too familiar with the movies.

2. Old Moro was capable of reacting and even blocking an attack from God Vegeta. I would think Moro would be capable of stopping all iterations of Buu assuming he could permanently destroy him.

3. No. Old Moro was stronger than Super Saiyan Vegeta and if Battle of Gods is anything to go by, Goku prior to all of the training he's done in Super is capable of fighting Kid Buu as a Super Saiyan. Cell can't compete with Old Moro.

4. Dai Kaioshin was only surpassed by Moro once Moro obtained power that could only surpass Super Saiyan Blue at Full Power. Dai Kaioshin should easily be beyond the Blue Saiyans prior to mastering the form and above Super Saiyan God at the very least. He would clear Z with no issues.

5. I'll parrot what the others said. Super Vegetto is a good bet.

6. Based on Base Goku's performance against Frieza in Resurrection F, I don't think Cell stands a chance.

7. No idea.

8. Not sure. I would wager that they would be much stronger Cell in the anime due to its powerscaling but that's likely not the case in the manga.

9. Beerus is likely still much stronger.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:12 pm

1. Cell with regeneration, any SS2 probably, Certainly any super character.

2. Well Mr Buu beat him with magic initially but otherwise anyone God Tier. or Mr Buu.

3. Fat Buu/Ultimate Gohan/SSGod. SSJ3 Goku, he's probably already eaten some people or just absorbed ambient energy before Goku and vegeta caught up, I imagine he was weaker in the prison cell.

4. Maybe not some of the Higher Buus or ultimate gohan but otherwise yeah.

5. Never bought that the Super ssj 1's are much stronger then buu, at least till moro training. So any ss2 for sure the buu's or Ss3 or Ult Gohan.

6. Don't think any ss1 can beat cell, and this guy is weaker than that ss1.

7. Anyone above Janemba, so Ultimate Gohan, Vegito Gotenks SS3, Gogeta, super era characters.

8. Cell wrecks them, Goku could barely stay in ss1 and Beyond God is not a thing.

9. We honestly don't know. Beerus is the forever moving goal post. I think Freeza is still weaker than Gogeta or Vegito and using UI or UE. Beerus is a hypotehtical Vegito UIE level imo.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:27 pm

1. SPC could regenerate from it, and SSJ2s might survive it with some damage. I think it’s gonna take Good Boo to survive, and he could do it even without regeneration.

2. SSJ2 Vegeta already had Old Moro using magic. Super Boo might enough.

3. Isn’t that the same Moro from 2? That’s just a couple years before.

4. Well that Boo seems stronger than SSJG, so he solos Z.

5. We don’t know much about how strong Vegeta is here, but I think he’s at least far above SSJ1 Gotenks.

6. Probably Broly.

7. SSJ3 Goku? I think it makes sense to say the crystals are about as strong as Janemba himself.

8. Cell gets slaughtered.

9. Beerus aways wins.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:58 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:03 am
Champa The Destroyer wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:48 pm In my mind Orange Piccolo is Jiren or T.O.P. MUI level, considering Vegeta in his blue form after yardrat training (and eventually goku ending up equal) was doing comparable to previous Goku's Moro arc UIO, which should be far above the UIO in the tournament.
That was SSBE Vegeta.
My mistake on that but tbh my point still stands, considering the gammas are compared to goku and vegeta, not SSB specifically. So we can still use the scaling of SSBE performing better than UIO against Moro, the gammas being compared to goku and vegeta after that arc, and Piccolo stomping said Gamma

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:12 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:58 pm My mistake on that but tbh my point still stands, considering the gammas are compared to goku and vegeta, not SSB specifically. So we can still use the scaling of SSBE performing better than UIO against Moro, the gammas being compared to goku and vegeta after that arc, and Piccolo stomping said Gamma
Oh, Orange Piccolo will definitely be up there in the UI tier once the anime and manga use him. He gave Cell Max somewhat of a fight after all.

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:33 pm

TobyS wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:51 am
ZombieVito wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:33 pm Vegeta [RoF arc; No transformations] vs SS3 Gotenks. Can Gotenks fare better against this Vegeta?
Gamma 1 vs Gamma 2.
Ultimate Gohan [Super Hero] vs Base Toppo [No GoD form].
Orange Piccolo vs UIO Goku [ToP arc; EP 129].
Krillin vs Kid Trunks [No Super Saiyan]. Both from the ToP arc.
SS Broly [No FPSS] vs SS2 Kefla.
Gotenks ignoring beyond god anime filler.

The red one.

Gohan. Topo is on par with blue vegeta. Ultimate Gohan in the Moro arc is around Moro arc blue. Gohan might not be above evolved blue from the top but he's still above Toppo.

Orange Piccolo is around Goku and vegeta level now apparently. I think full current UI might be above him but uio is a notch below that and old top era uio lower still. Perhaps piccolo is current uio level but above the top one.

I maintain the base kids were never shit, it was super Saiyan that made them competitive and fusion after that.

They do then go in the ROSAT and make great gains.

However after that the kids stop training, presumably lose power like Gohan, yo! Seems to imply this. and Kuririn starts training again so it's hard to say.

I know the humans were chosen for the top and Moro arcs due to their experience but outside roshi I feel like they would need to be above the base kids to hang in.

I can't remember who ss1 Broly fought against.
Okay "Saiyan Beyond God" aka God Ki in Base form is movies only. The Base forms in the anime are just a lot stronger without any particular property about their base form being changed like in the movie. And this is demonstrated continuously several times. And there is no such thing as "filler" in DBS. Filler is in reference to anime content, that is not included in the manga that it is adapting, but the DBS anime isn't even a manga adaptation in the first place so the term doesn't even apply.

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:08 am

LSSJ Broly (from new film) vs Spawn.

vs

MrSatan2099
Patreon Supporter

Post by MrSatan2099 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:42 am

Well I haven't read any Spawn since the 90s, so I don't know where he's at now in terms of raw power, but if Batman for instance can put up a good fight against him (like in the 1994 one shot) then I don't think he's going to scale up too well against Broly.

Of course there's always the question of how a character's powers might work in an alternate reality. So Broly in the Image comics universe? Who knows. It would be very cool visually at least.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:21 pm

New matches:

- Black Freeza vs. Jiren and Broly (both fully powered)

- SSJ Goku and 100% FP Freeza (Namek arc) vs. Android 19 and 20
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:04 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:21 pm New match:

1) Their current iterations are anybody's guess, but movie Broly and ToP Jiren are nothing but fodder to Black Freeza. He casually oneshot and killed U7's strongest who was sandbagging, without even being at FP, two characters that would oneshot Jiren and Broly. The blow Goku and Vegeta took from Freeza, might be more than enough to kill Broly and Jiren.

Even their current forms should not be enough, SH implied that Broly is being kept away from Freeza on Beerus' planet, like some type of refugee. The fact that he came in, destroyed everybody and took off unscathered also hints at there being nobody strong enough to stand up to him, bar Beerus. I'm getting similar vibes to his superiority on Namek.

2) Freeza is running on fumes, and they will eventually get their ki blasts absorbed. Goku wasn't putting 19 down, so 3 years prior to that fight, it should be a much closer bout.
Freeza should be having an even closer fight, and the moment his power starts to wane, he'll start feeding the android energy.
The androids can take a beating until the aliens' energy drops and then go for the kill. Not to mention the aliens not knowing about the hand thingy. To destroy them, they need to attack them with some ki beam, with just melee attacks even android arc Goku failed to do it.

You could make a case saying that heartache Goku was on par with Namek Goku, and he ended up losing that fight.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:38 pm

Seekeroftruth wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:08 am LSSJ Broly (from new film) vs Spawn.

vs

Spawn. I think he’s pretty much Angel level since their powers are very similar.
Noah wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:21 pm New matches:

I think Base Freeza might be a better match, because Black Freeza destroys. Goku and Vegeta alone are at least stronger than these guys, and Freeza ran over them.

Nowadays I’m leaning towards this fight being closer than I used to think, but 19 and 20 should still win nonetheless. Even if the androids aren’t as strong initially they can still take a beating from SSJs, and Goku and Freeza would definitely fall for the absorptions.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:09 pm

Cell Max vs SS4 Gogeta, Omega Shenron, SS3 Gotenks, Majuubhan(Gohan fused with Uub), SS Pan.
(can they managed to do what the Gammas, Fatenks, 18, Orange Piccolo and Beast Gohan did?

Completed Cell Max vs SS4 Gogeta, Omega, SS4 Gotenks, Ultimate Majuubhan and SS3 Pan.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:29 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:09 pm Cell Max vs SS4 Gogeta, Omega Shenron, SS3 Gotenks, Majuubhan(Gohan fused with Uub), SS Pan.
(can they managed to do what the Gammas, Fatenks, 18, Orange Piccolo and Beast Gohan did?

Completed Cell Max vs SS4 Gogeta, Omega, SS4 Gotenks, Ultimate Majuubhan and SS3 Pan.
Orange Piccolo beats them all so Cell Max beats them even worse.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:31 am

Noah wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:21 pm New matches:

1. Black Frieza vs. Jiren and Broly (both fully powered): Black Frieza is undeniably stronger than both Jiren and Broly. Moro was already established to be the strongest fighter Goku had come across, Perfected Ultra Instinct Goku was stronger than Moro, Goku and Vegeta grew stronger in preparation for fighting Granolah and Goku, Vegeta, Granolah and Gas were pulling ahead of each other to become the strongest in the universe multiple times. True Ultra Instinct Goku was explicitly stronger than a Gas that went toe-to-toe with both Silver-haired Goku and Ultra Ego Vegeta and Black Frieza annihilated both him and Vegeta in a single blow. The same would happen to Jiren and Broly or they'd outright die.

2. SSJ Goku & 100% Frieza (Namek) vs. Androids 19 & 20: I'm of the belief that the Androids had to have been stronger than the Namek Goku and Mecha Trunks at least as to not raise suspicions of their strength to any of the Z Senshi. With their resistance to pain and their energy absorptions, they would eventually overcome them. I can see Frieza's energy being drained very quickly by absorbing his Nova Strike directly.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:58 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:12 pm
Champa The Destroyer wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:58 pm My mistake on that but tbh my point still stands, considering the gammas are compared to goku and vegeta, not SSB specifically. So we can still use the scaling of SSBE performing better than UIO against Moro, the gammas being compared to goku and vegeta after that arc, and Piccolo stomping said Gamma
Oh, Orange Piccolo will definitely be up there in the UI tier once the anime and manga use him. He gave Cell Max somewhat of a fight after all.
Yeah I agree for sure, I feel like so many are underrating him just because we're all so used to Piccolo being weak compared to the saiyans in Super.

Other people should remember that Piccolo got *two* forms in the movie, one of which we've never seen before this and seems to be close to the instinct forms at the very least. I hate seeing people say that he's Kefla tier or I've even seen some people say he'd lose to T.O.P Arc SSBE Vegeta, which I can't agree with or understand at all tbh

(Sorry for the rambling, dragon ball power scaling has just interested me a lot the past couple months...but some parts of the Fandom on places like YouTube can be annoying with their fanboying lol)

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:05 pm

1. RoF SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta vs Saonel and Pirina (if the nameks win they face the U6 version of the saiyans with no Kaioken)
2. Golden Freeza (Broly) vs Ultimate Gohan (Super Hero)
3. Orange Piccolo vs SSB Vegetto (Black)
4. SSJ2 Future Trunks vs SSJ2 Caulifla
5. Ikari Broly vs Android 17

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:06 am

GatoF wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:05 pm 1. RoF SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta vs Saonel and Pirina (if the nameks win they face the U6 version of the saiyans with no Kaioken)
2. Golden Freeza (Broly) vs Ultimate Gohan (Super Hero)
3. Orange Piccolo vs SSB Vegetto (Black)
4. SSJ2 Future Trunks vs SSJ2 Caulifla
5. Ikari Broly vs Android 17
1.- I think the Saiyans win this but with very high difficulty. The Namekians are definitely SSB tier but on the lower end since both couldn't defeat Ultimate Gohan fighting 2 vs 1.
2.- Gohan was a little stronger than the Gamma's who were said to be on par with Goku and Vegeta. I assume they are stronger than their Broly counterparts so Gohan should defeat this Freeza.
3.- Piccolo. I can't see SSB Vegetto from that arc stronger than 2nd UIO Goku so Piccolo beats him.
4.- I have the uncommon belief that Future Trunks actually ended his arc a lot stronger than Goku and Vegeta so he beats Caulifla with some difficulty.
5.- Both are on par (Around 80%) with SSB Goku on their respective arcs so Broly should take this (With some difficulty) since he fought a stronger Goku.