The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:12 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:18 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:19 pm This might be difficult because anime and manga follow completely different powerscaling:

Rosé Goku Black with scythe (anime) vs. Fused Zamasu (manga)

Power-wise who's more impressive?
Hmm well anime is just a far stronger cannon. Regardless of weather or not god base Goku is still a thing, Goku in the manga seems as though he is marginally stronger than he was in the Buu saga just due to SSJ3 Goku vs SSJ2 Trunks. Like I don't know if Goku was using his full power, but still the fact Trunks' SSJ2 form was comparable tells me he shouldn't be leagues stronger than he was in the Buu saga. Where as in the anime, everyone seems so much stronger. Got to give it to Black
Indeed. I thought of this match-up because feat-wise they were both a threat to two SSBs, but I guess that Black's feats are more impressive 'cause SSB are stronger in the anime. I didn't really think about that initially.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:13 pm

So I thought about this today at work.

In the Tree of Might movie:

The rest of the dragon team fights and loses against the 'crusher corp' or whatever their real canon name is.

Goku fights one of them, adding another when he bails out Yamcha.

Gohan arrives and smashes one of the two purple guys, who has defeated Chaozu, but doesn't bother killing them.

Piccolo shows up but he doesn't fight the fodder, he is sucker punched after catching Gohan.

Annoyingly Tenshinhan can't beat one of the purple guys even though kid Gohan can do it relativly easily.

Goku fights all of them at once, blocks all hits and lands some, but it's implied he needs Kaioken to gurantee victory.

The only power levels we get are from a promotional booklet that has some weird levels in it, like Ox king being stronger than King Piccolo.

So my question is.

What if Piccolo and Gohan were there to help the humans from the begining? How would the fight shake out?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:17 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:31 pm Kibito-Shin vs Majin Vegeta

Kibito-Shin, SS2 Goku, SS2 Vegeta, Mr Boo vs Kid Buu
I could see Kibitoshin beating regular SS2 Vegeta but perhaps not Majin.
He did think he had grown strong enough to help with Buu, he was shot down, but that Super Buu was far stronger than any SS2.

The team is four SS2 tier people.
SS3 is 4x SS2.

Unless they can manage a combined full power attack early on, like SS3 Goku said would work but didn't manage, perhaps with Kaioshin holding Buu with TK or joining in, they'd eventually get taken out.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:27 pm

Goku Black (base/manga) vs Kid Buu (manga)

Kefla vs Broly

Mira(xenoverse 1) vs Janemba (full power) if Janemba wins.........

then Mira (xenoverse 2 prior to fusing with Towa) vs Janemba (full powered)

and finally Towa from either Xv1 or Xv2 vs Android 21

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:29 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:00 pm New fights:

-Super Baby Trunks 2 vs SSJ3 Goku (Ep 33)
-Meta-Rildo vs Uub (before fusion)
-Baby (Ep 26) vs Uub (Ep 1)
1) I don't think anyone aside of Vegeta Baby can do anything to SS3 Goku, or base Goku to be fair, SS Gohan and Goten went at it together and failed miserably. The gap between the hybrids and the saiyans is large, and I don't see a powered-up Baby Trunks shortening it.

2) Based on Uub lasting more than SS3 Goku against Baby, I'm going with Uub here.

3) Uub, he most definitely can take a team ki blast from base Goku + a child + scrawny Trunks. Plus, one year later (practically the same Uub because no training partner for him) was pretty decent against Baby's final form, got the lackeys worried and even got commended by Baby himself. Uub eats newborn Baby.
Mad Swami wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:27 pm Goku Black (base/manga) vs Kid Buu (manga)

Kefla vs Broly

1) Base Goku Black. He easily disposed of SS2 Trunks, who is comparable to SS3 Goku (maybe stronger because Goku went God to one-shot him). FT Arc SS3 Goku should kill Kid Buu without much trouble, but he seems like he wouldn't be enough for Base Black.

2) I think base Kefla can fight initial Ikari Broly, SS Kefla defeat Ikari Broly and SS2 Kefla would make SS Broly go FP. Her personality would let Broly get to his full power.

3) I can't remember that far back lol, but I think Janemba shouldn't be a match for Mira or Towa, although I can't remember how strong they were. If they were anywhere between Dabura and Kid Buu, I think they'd die. To me Janemba is Super Buu realm but his magic sets him apart.

4) I never knew how strong was 21 because she kept fighting against drained characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:20 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:27 pm Goku Black (base/manga) vs Kid Buu (manga)

Kefla vs Broly

Manga wise Broly stomps imo
Anime wise it's close. We dunno how ui compares to Gogeta... But Gogeta also stomped more easily.
I agree with the other poster she'd fuck around and find out his full power.

I think Mira was said to be about equal to super buu. Which fits through context and feats.
Janemba is a bit weaker due to beating SS3 Goku but not suuuuper easily. And adult fusion one shots him.

I feel like Mira takes it.

Is the enhanced glowy janemba?
Trunks is said to be a lot stronger in xv2 and loses to him. But CaC2 and Vegeta beat him.

Either way Mira is nearer god tier than EoZ imo by xv2 and he takes it imo.

Towa is not all that. 21 is probably stronger but it's hard to say. Depends how many clones and canon chars she's eaten...

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Garlic Jr vs. Lord Slug

Cooler vs. King Cold

Dabura vs. Bojack

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:42 pm

Peach wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:56 pm Garlic Jr vs. Lord Slug

Cooler vs. King Cold

Dabura vs. Bojack
1) Slug. Garlic Jr. without immortality should've died against Goku and pre-Makankosappo Piccolo, and was weaker than angry Gohan. Raditz would also be enough for Garlic. While Slug was too much for KK Goku

2) Hard to tell, we never witnessed Cold in battle. Both were stated to be stronger than Freeza. I assume Cold could give SS Goku at least a better fight than Cooler did, based on that he wasn't afraid of going after the super saiyan post Namek while Cooler was completely outclassed the very first time Goku went SS.

3) I think Bojack's final form would defeat Dabura.

-- one more fight

King Cold vs Namek SS Goku

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:48 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:42 pm

Cooler vs. King Cold

Dabura vs. Bojack
1) Slug. Garlic Jr. without immortality should've died against Goku and pre-Makankosappo Piccolo, and was weaker than angry Gohan. Raditz would also be enough for Garlic. While Slug was too much for KK Goku

2) Hard to tell, we never witnessed Cold in battle. Both were stated to be stronger than Freeza. I assume Cold could give SS Goku at least a better fight than Cooler did, based on that he wasn't afraid of going after the super saiyan post Namek while Cooler was completely outclassed the very first time Goku went SS.

-- one more fight

Oh, i mean Garlic Jr from after the Frieza saga :P

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:12 pm

Peach wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:48 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:42 pm

Cooler vs. King Cold

Dabura vs. Bojack

-- one more fight

Oh, i mean Garlic Jr from after the Frieza saga :P
Oh, right. Well, I can't remember how strong Garlic Jr. was in the anime, but if post-Namek Gohan and Piccolo struggled against him, Garlic should win because they were at least strong enough, at that point, to force Freeza to use his FF. I doubt Giant Slug could make post-Namek Gohan and Piccolo suffer.

Slug fought a Goku that hadn't gone to Namek for some reason, and that somehow fought off the saiyans. So he wasn't the beast that landed on Namek. Slug was weaker than the false SS but when he became giant, Kaiosama said he was stronger than Freeza and even a SS(the false one Goku accessed before), of course he meant Freeza's earlier transformations, most likely his, most known, 1st form, maybe 2nd form too.
I'd say Slug was weaker than 1st form Freeza, and his giant form stronger than that, closer to 2nd form Freeza, maybe above that too.

also fun fact: tomorrow the Slug movie turns 29.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:07 pm

Ok well since Kid Buu was too easy. Let's give him a gauntlet of the stronger Buu's

Base Goku Black(manga) vs Super Buu(manga)

Base Goku Black(manga) vs Buucolo(manga)

Base Goku Black(manga) vs Buutenks(manga)

Base Goku Black (manga) vs Buuhan(manga)

Frost vs Bojack

Majuub(Shadow Dragon saga) vs Baby (final form)

Hit vs Vegeta SSBE

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:32 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:07 pm Ok well since Kid Buu was too easy. Let's give him a gauntlet of the stronger Buu's

Frost vs Bojack

Hit vs Vegeta SSBE
1, 2, 3, 4) You know there is some contradictory stuff in the manga. For instance, Base Black that toyed with SS2 Trunks (who forced SS2 Goku to go SS3 and then use SSG to one-shot him), can't keep up with SS2 Vegeta (going by BoG, relative to SS3 Goku or higher) not even as SS, when he should at least give a good fight in base. It's a PL mess just like the anime, unless we accept Vegeta is for some reason way stronger than Goku.

-So, base Black can't lay a finger on SS2 Vegeta, SS3 Goku most likely has closed the gap with Super Buu and so should SS2 Vegeta, and if SS2 Vegeta can destroy SS Black then he would need SS2 for Super Buu.

-But, if we go by Goku vs Trunks, Base Black is flattening SS2 Trunks/SS3 Goku(maybe SS3 is stronger than Trunks and might give Base Black a decent challenge), and assuming Goku probably can now face Super Buu as SS3, then base Black would take down Buu easily. Probably would need SS to deal with Buu after absorbing people.

5) Frost. His assault form was overwhelming base Goku who defeated RoF FF Freeza, who one-shot SS Gohan in his 1st form.

6) I don't think Majuub is SS4 level. Baby takes it. If you mean Baby without Vegeta, then I have no idea. Majuub, I guess, because he did present a decent battle to Baby + Vegeta and could even hold off Ohzaru VB from the inside.

7) SSBE Vegeta would destroy Hit. Time skip can't close that gigantic gap.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:49 am

Super Android #13 vs the Metal Cooler army that captured Goku and Vegeta.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:54 am

Vegetes wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:49 am Super Android #13 vs the Metal Cooler army that captured Goku and Vegeta.
Hmm I would say Super Andoid 13. I think his movie came later in the series meaning the Goku and Vegeta he fought were stronger. Also Cooler was killed with Vegeta and Goku's own power where as Goku had to absorb the Genki Dama to kill Android 13

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:15 am

Mad Swami wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:54 am
Vegetes wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:49 am Super Android #13 vs the Metal Cooler army that captured Goku and Vegeta.
Hmm I would say Super Andoid 13. I think his movie came later in the series meaning the Goku and Vegeta he fought were stronger. Also Cooler was killed with Vegeta and Goku's own power where as Goku had to absorb the Genki Dama to kill Android 13
Goku and Vegeta could hardly handle one Cooler with everything they got, I assume the Big Ghetti star just wasn't ready for the extra energy and just overloaded. Maybe they used some of their potential for a boost, That or it's just dumb plot stuff.

Android 13 did come after Metal Cooler, but its unknown how much stronger they really are, #13 did take on Goku,Vegeta and Trunks as super saiyans and Piccolo. All would've been stronger than Goku or Vegeta during Metal Cooler. Trunks looks younger than post Rosat, and Vegeta didn't use grade 2, so let's say they're all in between Super Vegeta and pre Rosat Vegeta, and Piccolo is Kamiccolo. I imagine Goku and Vegeta are around how strong they would be during the beginning of the Android saga. So Metal Coolers feats are still pretty impressive and #13 has to take potentially thousands of them, And each one can regenerate.

MechaTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by MechaTrunks » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:48 am

Mad Swami wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:07 pm Ok well since Kid Buu was too easy. Let's give him a gauntlet of the stronger Buu's

Frost vs Bojack

Hit vs Vegeta SSBE
Base Goku Black above Kid Bu? I don't think so, since his SSJ2 was tied to Vegeta's (which is above Goku's SSJ3, I know) I don't think his base state is that strong.
Unless he had any divine attack I don't see how he could defeat Majin Bu or any other of the stronger Bus.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:25 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:22 am New battles

1. Piccolo (merged with the U6 namekians) vs Ssjb Goku (RoF)?

2. Cooler (5th form) vs Ssj Trunks (First appearance)?

3. Gogeta Blue vs Vegito Blue (ToP, no time limit)?

4. SsjB Vegeta (Moro) vs Ssj Kefla?

5. GoD Toppo, SsjB Goku (kkx20), SsjBE Vegeta, Ssj2 Kefla, Aniraza vs FP Broly (ToP rules)?

6. 7/3 vs Buuhan?

7. 17 vs Semi-Old Moro?
1. Namekian fusion is unpredictable, so I'd refrain from this one
2. Cooler wins. I do not consider trunks to be all that special, since it was implied that he is not as good as initial SS Goku, and I don't hold mecha freeza in a high regard (consider him suppressed or just plain weak, doesn't matter to me).
3. Stalemate, eh?
4. Not caught up to this arc fully yet
5. Goku alone should be enough to do well against Broly. Added top tier fighters make this one a comfortable win. Far from a stomp though.

GatoF wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:42 pm 1. Piccolo (after fusing with Kami) vs SSj1 Goku, SSJ1 Vegeta and SSJ1 Trunks ( the saiyans during the android 19 battle and goku has no disease)
2. Yamcha (Moro) vs Turles ( after eating the fruit )
3. Master Roshi ( 22nd Tournament ) vs Yajirobe ( first encounter with Goku )
1. This is a nice battle. 3 opponents, weaker than Piccolo, but not weak enough that he can simply ignore them all. With Goku's instant transmission, they stand a slim but noticeable chance. However, if Piccolo plays it smart, he would quickly dispatch Trunks and make it a 2v1 near the beginning. But both Goku and Vegeta are fighting geniuses themselves, who wouldn't let it happen here.
Goku and Piccolo could hold their own against Raditz with just 2v1, but here its a 3v1. I'd back the team, but vegeta dies probably, because piccolo hates him the most.
3. Yajirobe is more in league with Goku and Tenshinhan than he's with Roshi. Goku pretty much called him toughest guy he's ever fought, and they stalemated. And this Goku was likely better than the one who fought Tien (even if a little bit).
But in case of a deathmatch, Roshi could kill him with buff form kamehameha.

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:46 pm
- SS2 Goku and SS2 Vegeta (with Good Buu aiding them if things look bad for them) vs Kid Buu

- SS3 Goku and SS3 Vegeta vs Super Buu

- Namek arc SSB Goku(instead of going blond he goes blue) vs Z Super Vegito

- Strongest Jackie Chun (22nd or 23rd TB) vs Broly Movie Kid Raditz

- BoG SS3 Vegito vs BoG SSG Goku

- BoG SSG Goku vs Pre-U6 Tournament Hit (no time skip)
- They stand no chance whatsoever, with or without buu. Kid buu was toying the whole time, and even SS3 Goku couldn't take him. None of them can deal any real damage to him that he cannot heal from. And given how he dropped fat buu, he wouldn't have much difficulty dropping them once he gets serious.
- Am I missing something here? When did vegeta go SS3? Anyways if this is a hypothetical scenario where vegeta randomly busts out SS3 along with Goku to fight super buu, they would do well for a while, before they get tired and run out of stamina.

Cooler vs. King Cold

Dabura vs. Bojack

Cooler is most likely stronger than king cold in his fifth form.

Dabura wins, spit stone. Power wise also bojack didn't seem that impressive, maybe cell level at best.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:00 pm

Kid Buu vs the 4 kaioshin but they use the potara (Shin with the young girl, the strong kaioshin with the chubby one with a moustache) + Dai Kaioshin assisting them

Could the kaioshin win if they used their most valued treasure?

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:06 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:00 pm Kid Buu vs the 4 kaioshin but they use the potara (Shin with the young girl, the strong kaioshin with the chubby one with a moustache) + Dai Kaioshin assisting them

Could the kaioshin win if they used their most valued treasure?
The kaioshin win because Kibito isn't that strong maybe weaker than Freeza and Kibitoshin should be Z's Ssj2 tier.
The fusion of two kaioshin should be able to deal with him.( DaI Kaioshin also helps since he is Ssj2 tier or near Ssj3 tier)

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:12 am

Two Kaioshins together like this should easily bring down Kid Buu. I might be inclined to question if they could take Super Buu, honestly. Fusions not having to do with the Saiyans were always scarce. It's not easy to determine what their expected amplifier is because of the Potara earrings' unique magical effect on their own fused bodies. Personally, I would estimate Kibitokai, our best example, to be in range of early Buu arc SSJ2 Vegeta (before Majinsation). It's odd to think that his psychic abilities couldn't have been handy against Kid Buu.

Here's some more from me.

1. Tenshinhan, Krillin, Yamcha, and Chaozu vs Popo (23rd tournament arc)

2. Vegeta (24k at the beginning of Namek arc) vs Zarbon (human form only) and Dodoria vs Krillin and Gohan (power they used against Ginyu in Goku's body)

3. Piccolo (Galactic Patrol arc) vs Zamasu (no immortality)