The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:03 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Goku (22nd Budokai; Match Level) vs. initial Great Ape Goku (Pilaf saga)
Match level Goku chops that tail off.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:05 pm

Who wins if Goku can't cut his Ape counterpart's tail off?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:07 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Who wins if Goku can't cut his Ape counterpart's tail off?
Then he just wears him down.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:28 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:Kenshiro and Torkio (current versions) gauntlet vs

Master roshi (Saiyan saga)
Jaco (jaco manga)
Yamacha(Saiyan saga)
Krillin( Saiyan)
Piccolo(Saiyan)
Nappa( Saiyan)
Vegeta( Saiyan)
Goku (Saiyan)

How far do they get too?
Kenshiro doesn't make it past past Piccolo and Toriko doesn't make it past Nappa.
Zombie wrote:For anyone who has seen the new film:

Piccolo vs Shisami.

Both fighters are fresh.
Piccolo still gets his ass kicked
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Goku (22nd Budokai; Match Level) vs. initial Great Ape Goku (Pilaf saga)
Initial Great Ape Goku crushes 22nd Budokai Goku

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:29 pm

Zombie wrote:For anyone who has seen the new film:

Piccolo vs Shisami.

Both fighters are fresh.
Shisami gets his horns torn off.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Just a couple of fights:

- Future Android 17 and 18 vs. SSJ Vegeta, SSJ Son Goku, SSJ Future Trunks, Piccolo, Krillin, Tenshinhan, Yamcha and Son Gohan (Android arc).
- Gine vs. Saibaman.
- Goku (beginning of Dragonball) vs. Yamcha (21st Budokai).

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:44 pm

In Brightest Day wrote:Just a couple of fights:

- Future Android 17 and 18 vs. SSJ Vegeta, SSJ Son Goku, SSJ Future Trunks, Piccolo, Krillin, Tenshinhan, Yamcha and Son Gohan (Android arc).
- Gine vs. Saibaman.
- The Z-Senshi might squeeze their way
- Gine gets rekted
- Yamcha wasn't too far off from Goku at the beginning so he probably takes this
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:44 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Piccolo still gets his ass kicked
I see you haven't seen the movie yet. Piccolo was nowhere near that.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Zombie wrote:
I guess I just don't buy the whole "stamina" thing that seemed to impede Piccolo when he was fighting Shisami. He was effortlessly blitzing through Freeza's army. He shouldn't have been fatigued in any way, but whatever.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:20 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Zombie wrote:
I guess I just don't buy the whole "stamina" thing that seemed to impede Piccolo when he was fighting Shisami. He was effortlessly blitzing through Freeza's army. He shouldn't have been fatigued in any way, but whatever.
They all got tired. Even Gohan had to eat a Senzu Bean after beating Shisami.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:32 pm

Zombie wrote:They all got tired. Even Gohan had to eat a Senzu Bean after beating Shisami.
Man, I think the Z-Fighters just got gassed for the sake of drama.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:56 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Zombie wrote:They all got tired. Even Gohan had to eat a Senzu Bean after beating Shisami.
It's pretty much putting you in a room with 1000 ants with a flamethrower, you're gonna win easy. Like how they said Boo could pretty much beat any number of SSJ2 level foes. Doesn't matter how many go after him. The gaps here were larger than numerous examples where people have tanked attacks without flinching. It was totally a drama thing that they were gassed, to make the fight look more taxing than it should be. It's done all the time, like when Superman gets constantly knocked on his ass when he shouldn't be.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:17 pm

In Brightest Day wrote:Just a couple of fights:

The Z Senshi win. Vegeta and Goku should be even with the Androids, throw in Trunks and Piccolo and victory is assured.
- Gine vs. Saibaman.
Gine loses. She's a rather weak Saiyan from the way she was presented on Minus.
This one is tough, I have Yamcha slightly stronger but Goku can handle a beating. At this point Yamcha is just a strong guy, while Goku was trained as a kid by Grandpa Gohan. The Saiyan wins but gets moderately damaged.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:20 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
It's pretty much putting you in a room with 1000 ants with a flamethrower, you're gonna win easy. Like how they said Boo could pretty much beat any number of SSJ2 level foes. Doesn't matter how many go after him. The gaps here were larger than numerous examples where people have tanked attacks without flinching. It was totally a drama thing that they were gassed, to make the fight look more taxing than it should be. It's done all the time, like when Superman gets constantly knocked on his ass when he shouldn't be.
Having to suppressed yourself to fight 170 soldiers and make sure you don't kill them must be taxing. There's also the mercenaries that Freeza hired. They were described as troublesome and I can easily believe that since Krillin got close to getting killed once.

I see no problem with all of them getting tired, they don't have infinite stamina.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:38 pm

If that's the case then Bardock should be having a heart attack. Or Kid Goku vs RRA should drained Goku.

Kid Goku @ 21st Budokai vs 100 Fishes no gags.
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:40 pm

Tullece vs. Base Goku (arrival on Namek)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:13 pm

Zombie wrote: Having to suppressed yourself to fight 170 soldiers and make sure you don't kill them must be taxing. There's also the mercenaries that Freeza hired. They were described as troublesome and I can easily believe that since Krillin got close to getting killed once.

I see no problem with all of them getting tired, they don't have infinite stamina.
Pulling your punches isn't tiring. We've seen what Goku can do when it looks like he's trying, but he's actually not. While some mercenaries were stronger than others, only really 1 was anything special. It'd be like putting yourself in a room with 1000 1 year olds. You're not gonna get beaten. It's not at all overly tiring to handle people who physically can not harm you.

We also have Goku and Bardock plowing through fodder without any problems, til someone who actually can do something shows themselves. It's really no different then the many times in animation they have Superman struggle when really he wouldn't get knocked on his ass so many times.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:39 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
Zombie wrote: Having to suppressed yourself to fight 170 soldiers and make sure you don't kill them must be taxing. There's also the mercenaries that Freeza hired. They were described as troublesome and I can easily believe that since Krillin got close to getting killed once.

Pulling your punches isn't tiring. We've seen what Goku can do when it looks like he's trying, but he's actually not. While some mercenaries were stronger than others, only really 1 was anything special. It'd be like putting yourself in a room with 1000 1 year olds. You're not gonna get beaten. It's not at all overly tiring to handle people who physically can not harm you.

We also have Goku and Bardock plowing through fodder without any problems, til someone who actually can do something shows themselves. It's really no different then the many times in animation they have Superman struggle when really he wouldn't get knocked on his ass so many times.
Giving a real life example doesn't work, humans get tired *extremely* quickly. I would definitely get tired trying to not injure 1000 one year olds, to the point that a 13 year old could beat me.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:51 am

Base (or Super) Bojack vs. Super Saiyan Broly (Movie 10)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:00 am

singsing wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:

Giving a real life example doesn't work, humans get tired *extremely* quickly. I would definitely get tired trying to not injure 1000 one year olds, to the point that a 13 year old could beat me.
As easy as it is to push a one year old over, is as easy it is to take out any solider. Not only that, but they literally can not hurt anyone but Roshi if they tried. At best the mercenaries could be something for Krillin....but neither Piccolo nor Gohan would have a problem. Not only that, but even Freeza admits Gohan himself could solo it all. With help that makes things even more piss easy than they are. A punch or attack from any of those jobbers is akin to Cell tanking Krillin, Vegeta, 16, etc without even flinching. We've had Goku and Bardock plow through a huge number of people without having any problems what so ever. The stomp is so ridiculously high it puts Gohan vs Cell Jr's to shame. An entire armada of SSJ2's would be useless against Boo, and Piccolo knew this. And the gap between our heroes and the mooks is even more laughably large (outside some mercs and Shisami apparently), and even they can be taken down pretty quickly by Piccolo and Gohan no problem.