The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:46 pm

riiight...

OT:

SSJ 3 Gogeta (manga) vs. Ultimate Gohan?
Last edited by SSJ2FutureGohan on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:40 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:SSJ 3 Gogeta vs. Ultimate Gohan?
:think: Super Gogeta is enough. Even Gohan-Boo would be helpless.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:41 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:riiight...

OT:

SSJ 3 Gogeta vs. Ultimate Gohan?
Probably Gogeta. I think he'd be stronger than Bootenks.

Although, Gohan lasted nearly a full 30 minutes against Bootenks. If he can stall out Gogeta for 5 minutes, he wins.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:43 pm

Yeah I have them in the same league, but I'd imagine the SSJ 3 drain would take a toll on Gogeta too.

SSJ 3 Gogeta: 78
Ultimate Gohan: 74

I think Gohan could take it, unless Gogeta gets the job done within 5 minutes.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:48 pm

I think SSJ Gogeta would be a little stronger than Ultimate Gohan. SSJ3 Gogeta is too much.

In Fusion Reborn, we saw SSJ Gogeta effortlessly take out someone stronger than regular Super Buu in a few hits, and not even Ultimate Gohan could pull off that kind of defeat on Super Buu.

Other than that, we don't have much else to go off of.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:50 pm

What did Super Janemba do to put him above Super Buu? He struggled with SSJ 3 Goku.

Also, I meant a hypothetical manga Gogeta. I'll edit my post.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:00 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:What did Super Janemba do to put him above Super Buu? He struggled with SSJ 3 Goku.

Well, my power difference between Fat Buu and Super Buu is not nearly as big as others put. And it looked like to me Super Janemba was not 100%, he didn't take SSJ3 Goku seriously, so he did end up struggling for a few seconds because of that. Towards the end of that fight, it seemed a little one sided. Let's not forget Goku's statement of "he's picking us apart" before he fused.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:26 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:riiight...

OT:

Depends on gaps you place on characters. I could see Gogeta taking this, but I can see Gohan outlasting him for 5 minutes, and then demolishing Goku and Vegeta.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

GogesusSSG
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GogesusSSG » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:56 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote: SSJ 3 Gogeta (manga) vs. Ultimate Gohan?
I would have SS3 Gogeta at around the mid point between SS3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan so, despite being weaker he's close enough to win within the 5 minutes.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:57 pm

I have Gohan a hair weaker, but I still think fighting a SSJ 3 at equal levels gives you an advantage. Then again Gohan always finds a way to screw things up :P

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:15 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
Gogeta stomps.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:51 pm

ok then... I'll give Gogeta harder opponent.. SSJ 3 Gogeta (manga) vs. Gohan-Buu

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:53 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:ok then... I'll give Gogeta harder opponent.. SSJ 3 Gogeta (manga) vs. Gohan-Buu
Hypothetical manga Gogeta stomps.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:14 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:ok then... I'll give Gogeta harder opponent.. SSJ 3 Gogeta (manga) vs. Gohan-Buu
Gogeta loses. He might end up a bit stronger, but he wouldn't be strong enough to avoid Boo absorbing him if it game to that. And I don't think it would, because Super Saiyan 3 is rather inefficient. He's got 5 minutes to finish off a powerful foe with insane regeneration, and Boo has no reason to rush. He should easily stall out Gogeta.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:05 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:SSJ 3 Gogeta (manga) vs. Gohan-Buu
Boohan gets some Gogeta Ice cream, or Goku and Vegeta chocolates.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:53 am

Gohan-Buu wins via candy beam

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:09 am

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:What did Super Janemba do to put him above Super Buu? He struggled with SSJ 3 Goku.

Well, my power difference between Fat Buu and Super Buu is not nearly as big as others put. And it looked like to me Super Janemba was not 100%, he didn't take SSJ3 Goku seriously, so he did end up struggling for a few seconds because of that. Towards the end of that fight, it seemed a little one sided. Let's not forget Goku's statement of "he's picking us apart" before he fused.
Janemba was taking Goku seriously and still having trouble. His facial expressions make that clear. Super Buu would have none. Goku explicitly said that, even with back-up, he'd be absolutely no match for Buu in terms of raw strength. Putting Janemba above Buu is ridiculous even if you ignore the Gotenks business, since he's still two SS3-tiers added together.

Combine that with the fact that SS Gogeta took way more than a few hits to beat a SS3-tier guy (he hit Janemba way more times than Gohan hit Buu, and not only was Janemba weaker, he couldn't regenerate), and this isn't a particularly high end showing. At the very, very least, Movie 13 SS Gogeta is weaker than Ultimate Gohan, who damaged a stronger opponent more with fewer hits. Anyway:

SS3 Gogeta vs Gohan: Gogeta might just one-shot. I think he's far enough above Gohan to finish him quickly.

SS3 Gogeta vs Buuhan: Super Buu wins after a good fight. I think Gogeta would end up a bit stronger, but not enough to overcome his stamina issues + Buu's stamina and regeneration.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:12 am

Okay, here are some I'm wondering about:

Boo arc Yamhan (Tenshinhan lowered to Yamcha's level) vs Kuririn (Boo arc, or peak if you think he weakened from not training).

Boo arc Yamhan (Yamcha raised to Tenshinhan's level) vs Kuririn (same as above).

Or, strongest opponent both sets of Yamhan can beat. Keep in mind he'd absolutely be weaker than base Gotenks.

Raditz vs 2 Saibaimen, no explosions.

Minus Bardock and Raditz vs Nappa.

Pure Evil Boo vs Good Boo and any one of Super Saiyan 2 Goku, Vegeta, or Gohan.
Last edited by Saiga on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:22 am

Saiga wrote:Okay, here are some I'm wondering about:
Boo arc Yamhan (Tenshinhan lowered to Yamcha's level) vs Kuririn (Boo arc, or peak if you think he weakened from not training).
I don't think Kuririn's lead over Tenshinhan and Yamcha is that big. And fusion is pretty extreme. It made to Cell Games MSSJ tier fighters into a high SSJ 3 tier fighter. Yamhan stomps
Boo arc Yamhan (Yamcha raised to Tenshinhan's level) vs Kuririn (same as above).
Yamhan finger flicks Kuririn.
Or, strongest opponent both sets of Yamhan can beat. Keep in mind he'd absolutely be weaker than base Gotenks.
Inbetween Kaioken x10 Namek Goku and 50% Freeza for the weaker one and a little above 50% Freeza for the stronger one.
Raditz vs 2 Saibaimen, no explosions.
Raditz imo.
Minus Bardock and Raditz vs Nappa.
I don't know strong minus Bardock is, but isn't he like in the 4,000 or so range? If so Nappa wins with no trouble.
Evil Boo vs Good Boo and any one of Super Saiyan 2 Goku, Vegeta, or Gohan.
Pure Evil Buu or Evil Buu? If it's the former, I'm not sure, if it's the latter, you can give him all 3 of those people and they all get one-shotted.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:00 am

Pure Evil, edited now.