The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by CaBrPi » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:53 pm

Well, Cooler didn't stand a chance against an untrained Super Saiyan, much like full-power Freeza (Goku appeared to still be untrained in the movie), so I think Cooler wouldn't make much of a difference unless he tried to kill Trunks alongside Freeza, rather than just watching like King Cold did.

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Yeah , they will all be attacking in this one :)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:13 pm

They'd get slaughtered, even attacking all at once. Trunks didn't break a sweat with either Freeza nor Cold, and Goku demolished Cooler as a Super Saiyan. They're too outclassed.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:27 pm

CaBrPi wrote:Well, Cooler didn't stand a chance against an untrained Super Saiyan, much like full-power Freeza (Goku appeared to still be untrained in the movie), so I think Cooler wouldn't make much of a difference unless he tried to kill Trunks alongside Freeza, rather than just watching like King Cold did.
Can't really use this as a fact. We know for a fact that Goku is able to turn into a SSJ at will by the time he arrives on Earth as he tells Trunks that he couldn't control it at first but then he finally got the hang of it. The problem with the movie is that it makes Goku look like he is unable to use SSJ at will, which is completely stupid. Then again it is an Anime movie so we can discredit anything that clashes with the facts of the proper story.

I will however concede that Trunks would win hands down, even with the clear error of Goku not being able to control SSJ, Goku still had quite the beating before he actually turned SSJ and he still walked all over Cooler so a fresh Goku would probably be abler to do it and therefore Trunks could probably take all three also. Then again Goku is clearly the much stronger SSJ in this because he is easily able to deal with Trunks with only using his finger. The rest of his body doesn't move an inch, so perhaps Trunks won't have such an easy job fighting all three.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:22 pm

I think Trunks would win, but he wouldn't be able to pull off the nonchalant smug badass attitude while doing so.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:15 pm

Even with the addition of Cooler, I still think they'd have their asses handed to them.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:35 pm

Rocketman wrote:I think Trunks would win, but he wouldn't be able to pull off the nonchalant smug badass attitude while doing so.
Agreed. Coola, Mecha-Freeza, and to a lesser extent Cold, all attacking together will give Trunks quite a hard time, but he can most likely still beat them.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:45 am

What about:

Super Yi Xing Long ("Omega Shenron") vs. Base Vegetto (GT)

If this is overkill towards Vegetto, he can go SSjin.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

UnbiasedDBZfan
Banned

Post by UnbiasedDBZfan » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:02 pm

CatouttaHell wrote:What about:

Super Yi Xing Long ("Omega Shenron") vs. Base Vegetto (GT)

If this is overkill towards Vegetto, he can go SSjin.
Super Yi Xing Long rapes. Base Vegetto would only be as strong as Super Bebi Vegeta IMO.
Has anyone seen my arm? You can't miss it, it's GREEEEENNNN!! HAHAHHAHAHA!! Funi dub Raditz
'Let's hold off on the trophy Majin Boo!' Brad Swaile as Teen Gohan
http://www.youtube.com/ My channel RenewedTenjin.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Vegetto destroys him.

UnbiasedDBZfan
Banned

Post by UnbiasedDBZfan » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:11 pm

Rocketman wrote:Vegetto destroys him.
Not base Vegetto. Maybe SSJ2 GT Vegetto but no less.
Has anyone seen my arm? You can't miss it, it's GREEEEENNNN!! HAHAHHAHAHA!! Funi dub Raditz
'Let's hold off on the trophy Majin Boo!' Brad Swaile as Teen Gohan
http://www.youtube.com/ My channel RenewedTenjin.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:25 pm

I think you're seriously underestimating the gaps between GT characters and their Z equivalents.

Base Goku at the beginning of GT is already above his SSjin 3 form from the Boo arc. Soon after leaving for Earth he fights Redjic, who forces him to turn SSjin.

Then when he meets Mega Cannon Sigma he's completely amazed and says it's been a long time since he fought anybody like them, implying they're all above Redjic.

Gill gives MCS the data of Son fighting Redjic, and they're all confident they can beat him from the information they have.

They then get pummeled by Base Goku, even after fusing themselves together. Implying Base Goku (M2) > Super Mega Cannon Sigma > Neji > Nutt > SSjin Goku (Beginning of GT) > Base Goku (Beginning of GT) > SSjin 3 Goku (Boo.)

He then most likely powers up further by the time he returns to Earth, and then yet again by the Super No. 17 arc.

Thus it stands to reason that a hypothetical GT Vegetto would be above his Z equivalent by just as much at the very least. And his SSjin form from Z is already somewhere between Vegeta-Baby and Super Vegeta-Baby.

Personally I think even Base Vegetto might able to take Yi Xing Long out. Multiple statements in the DB manga imply Gotenks-Boo >= SSjin 3 Gogeta.

Base Vegetto should be closing in on SSjin 3 Gogeta at the very least IMHO.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:51 pm

Vegetto wins because he is Vegetto.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:13 pm

Rocketman wrote:Vegetto wins because he is Vegetto.
Vegetto with Yamcha's strength
vs
Yamcha with Vegetto's strength

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 pm

Fox666 wrote:
Rocketman wrote:Vegetto wins because he is Vegetto.
Vegetto with Yamcha's strength
vs
Yamcha with Vegetto's strength
Yamcha loses because he's Yamcha.

C'mon, that was too easy!
deviantART
[thread]

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:19 pm

Goku look like he is unable to use SSJ at will, which is completely stupid.
I think that happen because it was a plot deviced, stuff like that happens in movies to make the final act epic. I think Trunks could beat Coola but I don't think he won't beat him as easy as he did with Freeza. I recall that Coola in his 4th form said that he was stronger then Freeza which means that his 5th form is likely much more stronger then Mecha-Freeza.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:30 pm

The dialogue you're probably thinking of is Goku noting that Coola was stronger than Freeza, just after Coola finished transforming.

Going by my general "movie-to-series counterparts" methodology, I'd consider Mecha-Freeza and 5th-form Coola to be essentially equals at full power.
deviantART
[thread]

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:47 pm

Hitiro wrote:,Can't really use this as a fact. We know for a fact that Goku is able to turn into a SSJ at will by the time he arrives on Earth as he tells Trunks that he couldn't control it at first but then he finally got the hang of it. The problem with the movie is that it makes Goku look like he is unable to use SSJ at will, which is completely stupid. Then again it is an Anime movie so we can discredit anything that clashes with the facts of the proper story.
The problem is that you are assuming that Goku is supposed to be the same from the manga story-line. A good example is Goku having a battle power of 30,000 in the third movie. This doesn't happen in any instance in the series.

Based on the battle power of Sauzer and the others, I guess Goku would have a battle power around 180,000 at the beggining of the movie. And after he healed from his almost fatal injury he surpassed 3,000,000.

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:55 pm

Hmm. Akkuman vs Dabura? I say that solely because Dabura is the strongest villain without regeneration in Z, that I can think of (Excluding Majin Vegeta)
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

FNF
Temporarily Banned

Post by FNF » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:17 am

Silver Sinspawn wrote:I say that solely because Dabura is the strongest villain without regeneration in Z
Broli????!!!!! :D
Voltaire: "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

Other username on forums;
'Cocoman'