The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krillin1994
Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Krillin1994 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:21 am

Apparently the form requires a lot of stamina to initiate the transformation but not to maintain.

So Vegeta used up a lot of Stamina transforming for Cabba to show him the difference in power they posses.
Therefore when he went up against Hit and transformed again it drained him again so he was only at 1/10th peak power.

And yeah Goku fighting Hit in the manga goes, Base to SS to SSG to SSB. He doesn't use Kaioken

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:11 pm

Huh, interesting.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

ThePiccolo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThePiccolo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:20 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:Piccolo (Android saga pre Kami) vs Frieza
I have Piccolo nearly as strong as the Saiyans of the Android Arc, so he's got this.
Grimlock wrote:Super Saiyan God with Kaio-Ken Goku vs Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta.
SSJ Goku performed better against Hit than 1/10 SSB Vegeta, so that would put SSB less than 10x SSJ, and SSG is stronger than SSJ. While we're not sure by how much SSG is stronger than SSJ, a x10 Kaioken would definitely allow SSG Goku a good lead over SSB Vegeta, and give him the win.
CrimsonRex wrote:Pikkon vs. Dabura
PIkkon's stronger in my book, and the guy's pretty fast too. I think he can dodge the spit and get the win.
Krillin1994 wrote:Tien (buu saga) vs Goku (Super Saiyan on Namek)

I kind of feel at this stage Tien may actually be strong enough to fight a Super Saiyan without simply using Tri Beam.

We know he couldn't fight a substantially stronger Trunks in that form, but Tien spent the next 7 years training.

If Goku stomps, then how about the ROF saga Tien. I'm assuming that he keeps his training up still following the defeat of Majin Buu.
Nah, sorry, Tenshinhan ain't winning either.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:08 pm

Vegetto and Salza have equal power levels and both are dueling one another with their respective "bladed" attacks, the Salza Blade and the Spirit Sword: who wins?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:08 pm

Spirit Sword, only because it's cooler. :P
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:02 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Vegetto and Salza have equal power levels and both are dueling one another with their respective "bladed" attacks, the Salza Blade and the Spirit Sword: who wins?
Hmm...Salza has probably used that technique a lot whereas Vegetto only just made it up so is gonna be less experienced with using it...on the other hand, Vegetto has the combined fighting experience of Goku and Vegeta so, overal like...60/40 to him?
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:35 pm

- SSJ Son Gohan (Cell Games) vs. Paikuhan (no Burning Shoot).
- SSJ Son Goku (Boo arc) vs. Perfect Cell.

- Who is the strongest character Ledgic could beat in the Manga?
- Who is the strongest character Tagoma (Super) could beat in the Manga?
- Who is the strongest character Ginyu-Tagoma could beat in the Manga?

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:42 pm

In Brightest Day wrote:- Who is the strongest character Ledgic could beat in the Manga?
- Base Gotenks (post-RoSaT), in my opinion.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:02 am

In Brightest Day wrote:- SSJ Son Gohan (Cell Games) vs. Paikuhan (no Burning Shoot).
Pikkon tanked a Warp Kamehameha and Super Kaio-Ken punch from a SS Goku superior to his CG counterpart. I don't think Gohan could do that, as even attacks that demonstrably would NOT blow Perfect Cell apart like the Warp Kamehameha were still capable of damaging him. Pikkon stomps.
Goku.
GT. Pass.
Buu arc Piccolo for the first. A Cell Jr for the second. The next step up from Cell Jr is Kaioshin, who would crush Tagoma and probably prevail against Ginyu-Tagoma after a long fight. The next step up from THAT is SS Gohan in the Buu arc, who is obviously capable of smacking around Ginyu-Tagoma like a redheaded stepchild.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:12 am

RandomGuy96 wrote: Pikkon tanked a Warp Kamehameha and Super Kaio-Ken punch from a SS Goku superior to his CG counterpart.
How much stronger do you feel Goku could have gotten in such a short amount of time? As well as that, do you think Pikkon was holding back somewhat against Goku.
Goku.
Why?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:20 am

In Brightest Day wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: Pikkon tanked a Warp Kamehameha and Super Kaio-Ken punch from a SS Goku superior to his CG counterpart.
How much stronger do you feel Goku could have gotten in such a short amount of time? As well as that, do you think Pikkon was holding back somewhat against Goku.
Pikkon said it was a considerable boost. So, maybe he's as strong as the Cell that fought him by that time.

Yes. Unless his durability is just WAY out of proportion with his offensive power. But Pikkon smiling the whole time and not using the Burning Shoot implies that he just wasn't taking it too seriously.
Why?
Preference, I guess. I think of Cell's post-zenkai power-up as his version of SS2, so he'd be twice as strong as power prior, and since SS2 Goku > SPC... well, I don't think there's anything actually solid to compare them with.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:17 am

In Brightest Day wrote:- SSJ Son Gohan (Cell Games) vs. Paikuhan (no Burning Shoot).

-Paikuhan one-shots; since there was no in-universe explanation behind Burning Shoot, I feel it's safe to assume that West Kai's finest was in fact meant to be leagues above Super Perfect Cell.

-Ledgic was able to tangle with Base Goku, who by that point should be a notch or two stronger than his SSJ3 incarnation from the Buu arc; anyone short of Super Buu probably wouldn't even stand a chance against the mysterious warrior. Note: this is going off of the assumption that GT follows the anime continuity where Kid Buu was depicted as the strongest incarnation of Buu. Manga-wise, Ledgic would likely crush SSJ3 Goku before failing miserably against Kid Buu's regeneration.

-I have Tagoma on par with Kid Buu, if not a tier or two higher. The once-Zarbon-tier-weakling probably inherited Frieza's hostile tendency to do whatever it takes to win. Meaning, generating an attack powerful enough to overcome Buu's regeneration is probably well within the realm of possibilities.

-Ginyu-Tagoma would probably wreck Super Buu after a long and strenuous battle; even if the two were close in power, the body-swapping captain seems to possess enough battle prowess to eventually best his opponent's regeneration. But with Buu's presumably unrivaled stamina, neither Tagoma nor Ginyu-Tagoma would consider their respective battles a walk in the park.

By the events of RoF, I can't see how Buu or any of his incarnations could possibly be deemed relevant. Heck, even in GT, it was made pretty clear that he was a fodder by the time of Rild's debut.

Hero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:38 am

SSJ2 Future Trunks (Black Goku Arc) gauntlet:

1. Full Power Perfect Cell
2. Super Perfect Cell
3. SSJ2 Kid Gohan (raging)
4. Majin Vegeta
5. SSJ2 Goku (BoG)
6. Fat Buu
7. SSJ3 Goku (Buu)
8.SSJ3 Gotenks (Buu)
9. Mystic Gohan
10. Buuhan
11. Super Vegito and above

I have him on the level of SSJ2 Goku from BoG (due to him being a better warrior now skill-wise and having that half-Saiyan genetics for improvement). Goku still wins due to a skill advantage.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:47 am

Hero wrote:SSJ2 Future Trunks (Black Goku Arc) gauntlet:

2. Super Perfect Cell
4. Majin Vegeta
5. SSJ2 Goku (BoG)
6. Fat Buu
7. SSJ3 Goku (Buu)
8.SSJ3 Gotenks (Buu)
9. Mystic Gohan
10. Buuhan

I have him on the level of SSJ2 Goku from BoG (due to him being a better warrior now skill-wise and having that half-Saiyan genetics for improvement). Goku still wins due to a skill advantage.
Stops dead in his tracks against Fat Buu.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:25 pm

Guldo's Stop Time vs Hit's Tokitobashi.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:04 pm

Grimlock wrote:Guldo's Stop Time vs Hit's Tokitobashi.
Guldo gets rocked..... Like A Hurricane :twisted:

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:45 pm

Grimlock wrote:Guldo's Stop Time vs Hit's Tokitobashi.
The Time Stop uses his stamina, while the Time Skip doesn't. But the Time Stop is better because it freezes everything, even people stronger than him. If Guldo were smart (he isn't), he could win I guess.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

supercat

Post by supercat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:47 am

2. Super Perfect Cell
4. Majin Vegeta
5. SSJ2 Goku (BoG)
6. Fat Buu
7. SSJ3 Goku (Buu)
8.SSJ3 Gotenks (Buu)
9. Mystic Gohan
10. Buuhan

Trunks clears that list without batting an eye and wonders why his current situation couldn't be as trivial.

If Base Vegeta was vasty superior to SSJ3 Gotenks and SSJ2 Future Trunks was seemingly tangling with a possibly suppressed SSJ2 Goku, I'd say it's plausible that Trunks is at the very least on par with. if not stronger than Base Goku / Vegeta (both of whom tower over SSJ Vegetto).

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:50 am

supercat wrote:

2. Super Perfect Cell
4. Majin Vegeta
5. SSJ2 Goku (BoG)
6. Fat Buu
7. SSJ3 Goku (Buu)
8.SSJ3 Gotenks (Buu)
9. Mystic Gohan
10. Buuhan

Trunks clears that list without batting an eye and wonders why his current situation couldn't be as trivial.

If Base Vegeta was vasty superior to SSJ3 Gotenks and SSJ2 Future Trunks was seemingly tangling with a possibly suppressed SSJ2 Goku, I'd say it's plausible that Trunks is at the very least on par with. if not stronger than Base Goku / Vegeta (both of whom tower over SSJ Vegetto).
there is no chance at all SSJ2 Trunks is anywhere close to SSJ3 Gotenks, or any SSJ Gotenks for that matter

Goku was either immensely holding back power, or it was a power scaling error

I personally subscribe to the two bases theory.

ssbgoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ssbgoku » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:50 am

2. Super Perfect Cell
4. Majin Vegeta
5. SSJ2 Goku (BoG)
6. Fat Buu
7. SSJ3 Goku (Buu)
8.SSJ3 Gotenks (Buu)
9. Mystic Gohan
10. Buuhan

stops at 8 or 9.