Errors in Funi's GT not present within the Japanese Dub?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Errors in Funi's GT not present within the Japanese Dub?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:08 am

Another victim of the forum bug:
Ussj Future Trunks wrote:Trunks instantly knowing who 17 is but in subbed, he only recognises the "same ki as 18"
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:51 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Another victim of the forum bug:
Ussj Future Trunks wrote:Trunks instantly knowing who 17 is but in subbed, he only recognises the "same ki as 18"
Instead of a plothole in a plothole, it's just a plothole. :P
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:53 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Another victim of the forum bug:
Androids don't have Ki, but how do they do generic Ki blasts and such?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:05 pm

NeoKING wrote:
Kingdom Heartless wrote:
Androids don't have Ki, but how do they do generic Ki blasts and such?
They have an artificial energy source. It's what they use for everything.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Yeah, with Trunks recognizing #17 by his ki, I suppose you could make the argument that since #17 and #18 were originally human, they would still have an amount of ki equatable to a regular human while their artificial energy generators are the source of their actual power.

However, admittedly, this is a bit of a stretch considering it was well established that Jinzoningen didn't have ki.

Seems like a pretty big overlook when they could have just changed the dialogue to Trunks saying that he looked similar to #18. Or even that like #18, he couldn't sense his ki.

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:17 am

Maybe what Trunks meant by "The same ki" was that his lack of ki made him the same as 18". Trunks should be saying "Same lack of ki" in that case but I digress.
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:24 am

Apparently Blue Water didn't catch most of the Buu arc, considering their GT Goku was under the impression that Buu was destroyed by Vegeta's self-asplosion.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:18 am

The Tori-bot wrote:Apparently Blue Water didn't catch most of the Buu arc, considering their GT Goku was under the impression that Buu was destroyed by Vegeta's self-asplosion.
Really? Can you give some more details, please... it sounds interesting. :P

When Goku was using it against Super #17, did he mention that the move killed Buu or something?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:50 am

The Tori-bot wrote:Apparently Blue Water didn't catch most of the Buu arc, considering their GT Goku was under the impression that Buu was destroyed by Vegeta's self-asplosion.
Hm, can you be more specific? That way I can go back and trace it myself.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:22 pm

It's SSJ4 Goku vs. Yi Xing Long, when Goku has clung onto him and is preparing to self-destruct or something, and he says "It's the same technique that finally defeated Majin Buu!". I think the original had him say something like "This is the technique Vegeta used against Majin Buu!" and they felt like embellishing it, totally screwing up in the process.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:20 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:It's SSJ4 Goku vs. Yi Xing Long, when Goku has clung onto him and is preparing to self-destruct or something, and he says "It's the same technique that finally defeated Majin Buu!". I think the original had him say something like "This is the technique Vegeta used against Majin Buu!" and they felt like embellishing it, totally screwing up in the process.
Oh, right ... I don't have my laptop with me, but I think in that episode he says "Exactly! This is the technique that did in Majin Boo!"

I wish I knew what the original Japanese line was. Something tells me that Goku probably used "Vegeta no Totomeda [Majin Boo ni]" in this original dialog, which means something akin to "Vegeta's finishing blow [against Majin Boo]."