What happend to Dr. Gero in the Trunks timeline?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ YUSUKE
Beyond Newbie

What happend to Dr. Gero in the Trunks timeline?

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:10 am

I don't know if I missed anything but what happened to Dr. Gero in Trunks('/'s) future? Was he killed by 17 and 18? Did he even turn himself into an android?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Re: What happend to Dr Gero in the Trunks timeline?

Post by Saiga » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:49 am

SSJ YUSUKE wrote:I don't know if I missed anything but what happend to Dr Gero in Trunk's future? Was he killed by 17 and 18? Did he even turn himself into an Android?
Killed by 17, similar to the regular timeline.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:30 am

One of the first things Trunks tells Goku is that the androids killed Gero themselves. He actually says it was androids #19 and #20 in the original version of the manga, since it was before Toriyama had come up with #17 and #18.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Bussani wrote:One of the first things Trunks tells Goku is that the androids killed Gero themselves. He actually says it was androids #19 and #20 in the original version of the manga, since it was before Toriyama had come up with #17 and #18.
I'm assuming this was changed in the Kanzenban?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:49 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:
Bussani wrote:One of the first things Trunks tells Goku is that the androids killed Gero themselves. He actually says it was androids #19 and #20 in the original version of the manga, since it was before Toriyama had come up with #17 and #18.
I'm assuming this was changed in the Kanzenban?
IIRC it was changed in the chinese Kanzenban to #17 and #18, but the japanese version remained unchanged.
I think they should have changed to what the anime did, which apparently didn't reveal the specific production numbers and just said two androids would appear.

Changing it to #17 and #18 still has the problem, that #19 and #20 referred to themselves as #19 and #20 in front of the good guys, which wouldn't necessarily make Goku doubt, if they were the real androids, since he is good at forgetting such important details, but a guy like Piccolo should definetly pick up on it and realize that something was wrong.

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am

In the anime Cell has a flashback to his alternate future when he's still being worked on by Gero. You see Gero getting killed by 17 then if I remember correctly.