What if Arale came into Dragon Ball Z and beat the rivals?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

What if Arale came into Dragon Ball Z and beat the rivals?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue May 08, 2012 12:41 pm

This is Arale:

So if you've seen Dr. Slump and Arale-chan (she appeared once in Dragon Ball too) you probably know just how strong this little cute android is, so I wonder, would Arale be able to defeat most or all enemies?
  • Raditz
  • Vegeta
  • Nappa
  • Ginyu's Team
  • Lord Freeza
  • Mecha Freeza
  • No. 17
  • No. 18
  • No. 19
  • No. 20 (Dr. Gero)
  • Cell
  • Majin Vegeta
  • Majin Dabura
  • Majin Boo
  • Babidi
I may be wrong but I think she'd be fine beating all of them without taking way too many episodes or power ups.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: What if Arale came into Dragon Ball Z and beat the rival

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue May 08, 2012 1:26 pm

The villains would be fucked up. :lol:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:29 pm

She'd fuck shit up. Just don't make her fight Frieza, 5 minutes is like 5 hours to him, she'd get bored of him.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:45 pm

If you really view the Dr. Slump manga canon then she would fuck them all up. She was able to crack the earth with one punch and no one in DBZ was shown that level of strength.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue May 08, 2012 2:06 pm

She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

OzzyApu
Beyond Newbie

Post by OzzyApu » Tue May 08, 2012 3:20 pm

No, she'd be destroyed. Honestly, in literal power levels, the villains would annihilate her. For gag reasons, she's whoop them. She's a horrid character, and I hate her for ruining the Blue saga with her terrible cameo. Annoying as hell.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue May 08, 2012 3:22 pm

Um, how? Is there an official battle power for her? If not, how can you make the assertion that she would get annihilated based on a non-existent number?
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:25 pm

Of course she'd win. She's a gag character.

OzzyApu
Beyond Newbie

Post by OzzyApu » Tue May 08, 2012 3:28 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:Um, how? Is there an official battle power for her? If not, how can you make the assertion that she would get annihilated based on a non-existent number?
Because nothing indicates that anyone in Dragon Ball is stronger than any main villain in Z. That's all I'm going off of, and there's some correlation with BP when it comes to that. Really though, she's a gag character when it comes to DB.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue May 08, 2012 3:29 pm

OzzyApu wrote:No, she'd be destroyed. Honestly, in literal power levels, the villains would annihilate her. For gag reasons, she's whoop them. She's a horrid character, and I hate her for ruining the Blue saga with her terrible cameo. Annoying as hell.
There is no official battle power for Arale. And I suppose you haven't seen/read Dr. Slump, you don't know her terrifying power.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

OzzyApu
Beyond Newbie

Post by OzzyApu » Tue May 08, 2012 3:32 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:No, she'd be destroyed. Honestly, in literal power levels, the villains would annihilate her. For gag reasons, she's whoop them. She's a horrid character, and I hate her for ruining the Blue saga with her terrible cameo. Annoying as hell.
There is no official battle power for Arale. And I suppose you haven't seen/read Dr. Slump, you don't know her terrifying power.
OOoooh I'm shaking. So the strongest character in the DB universe is some robot. How adorable. I know there's no official battle power for her, and you have it wrong assuming that I didn't see / read at least some of Dr. Slump. Maybe my huge dislike of her is getting in the way of my opinion, but she crosses gag territory for me any time I imagine her fighting a main villain for this thread's purposes.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Really no need for you to be condescending and rude.

I generally don't care for these types of discussions, but you seem to be putting Red Ribbon-era-only Arale versus... I dunno... like, Perfect Cell. Everyone else got incredibly stronger over those years -- who's to say Arale didn't, as well? She can get endless upgrades to her components, computing logic, etc. She could theoretically be just as much in-the-game as anyone else.

You're also taking Blue way out of context and interpreting him as just as much a serious character as, again, let's say Cell. That's incredibly far from reality -- Blue was, I'd argue, something like halfway a gag character himself. His homosexuality was (again, arguably, poorly) played for laughs most of the time, his lack of dying from each attack was almost Hanna-Barbera-esque, etc.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue May 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Arale being a gag character is a fact. It's also a fact that Dragon Ball at the time Arale appeared wasn't very far from gag manga. She has cut the Earth in half with just a punch lots of times, she can destroy the moon with with just a rock, she can move planets with her strength, and she is strong enough to throw/punch things far from the Earth. She can run across the Earth in minutes (I think? I remember something like that.),for ki blasts, she can fire the N'cha Cannon (a mouth beam), she can take out her head, and still function both her head & body, she is a stupid genius, and super durable. She sounds invisible, and (canon or non-canon) she is part of the Dragon Ball franchise since she had appeared in manga, anime, movie, and video games of Dragon Ball.

OzzyApu
Beyond Newbie

Post by OzzyApu » Tue May 08, 2012 4:01 pm

All right, I apologize. Feel like I'm getting gang up on, but I understand it wasn't only my stance on the topic that got me into that position.

However, everyone else that was able to compete with the artificial humans and on went through rigorous training or some major power up (thinking Piccolo and Kami). Everyone else got left behind. What proof is there to say some robot was able to do the same? Remember, a robot. Not an organic body that could train, get stronger, and benefit. Also, just because the Z villains (mainly talking about Perfect Cell on up) weren't shown doing the same doesn't mean they weren't capable of it.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue May 08, 2012 4:10 pm

What about #16? He was "just a robot," yet he was able to kick first-form Cell's ass.

Also, sorry if it seemed like anyone was ganging up on you. We weren't. We just have differing opinions. It happens.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue May 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:Also, sorry if it seemed like anyone was ganging up on you. We weren't. We just have differing opinions. It happens.
^This.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue May 08, 2012 4:19 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:What about #16? He was "just a robot," yet he was able to kick first-form Cell's ass.

Also, sorry if it seemed like anyone was ganging up on you. We weren't. We just have differing opinions. It happens.
In my eyes, he was never an evil character or did anything to deserve going to hell, from what I've seen.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

OzzyApu
Beyond Newbie

Post by OzzyApu » Tue May 08, 2012 4:20 pm

#16 seemed like it was built with such levels of power being the status quo. Meaning that all the heroes and villains had some range of power, and now a new villain needed to be written in that could top that. Felt like a logical progression that the next villain (for how short a time he was in the villain spot) would be an android and needed to have a power level higher than the others. However, knowing that Arale's capabilities were shown long before that, that argument is shot. You might have me beat. Of course, #16's strength only went so far, so just because Arale is capable of such feats, I'm not sure if you take into account the destructiveness of the top guys in the Z series (2 high forms of Majin Boo, Mystic Gohan, Vegetto, etc.) and can see an even fight between them an Arale.

Not to throw another argument in here to save my case, but what about Boo's planet-eliminating blasts that killed practically everyone on Earth? Could you argue that he was only targeting humans? If so, wouldn't Arale also be taken out only for the reason that he wouldn't know the difference just by seeing her from Kami's lookout before killing almost everyone? Unless she dodged it / got hit and lived. That, or Toriyama just forgot / didn't involve her and such an argument doesn't hold up.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue May 08, 2012 4:35 pm

OzzyApu wrote:#16 seemed like it was built with such levels of power being the status quo. Meaning that all the heroes and villains had some range of power, and now a new villain needed to be written in that could top that. Felt like a logical progression that the next villain (for how short a time he was in the villain spot) would be an android and needed to have a power level higher than the others. However, knowing that Arale's capabilities were shown long before that, that argument is shot. You might have me beat. Of course, #16's strength only went so far, so just because Arale is capable of such feats, I'm not sure if you take into account the destructiveness of the top guys in the Z series (2 high forms of Majin Boo, Mystic Gohan, Vegetto, etc.) and can see an even fight between them an Arale.
You forget the fact that Arale wasn't created for Dragon Ball to begin with.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue May 08, 2012 4:40 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Gaffer Tape wrote:What about #16? He was "just a robot," yet he was able to kick first-form Cell's ass.

In my eyes, he was never an evil character or did anything to deserve going to hell, from what I've seen.
Um... what does that have to do with his strength compared to Arale's? And who's talking about hell? And are we talking about Cell or #16? If we're talking about the latter, there's nothing to indicate whether or not he went to any form of afterlife. And if we're talking about Cell... well, let's just hope you're not talking about Cell. But at any rate, I'm still left with a big, "Huh?!"