Theories as to the locations of the events in the movies

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonballzgtfighter
Beyond Newbie

Theories as to the locations of the events in the movies

Post by dragonballzgtfighter » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:54 pm

I was looking at this map of the Dragonball world and it got me thinking. Where are the locations of the events of the Dragonball movies?

Just some ideas I came up with.

Dragon Ball: Curse of the Blood Rubies
No idea.

Dragon Ball: Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle
Devil's Hand, not sure where it would fit in the map.

Dragon Ball: Mystical Adventure
Located in Mifan which is near Korin Tower according to the wiki.

Dragon Ball Z: Dead Zone
Near Kame House according to the wiki.

Dragon Ball Z: The World's Strongest
I've seen a map with Tsumisumbri Mountains near where Muscle Tower is. Seem logical to me.

Dragon Ball Z: The Tree of Might
Somewhere near Goku's house.

Dragon Ball Z: Lord Slug
West City as that is where most things happen or Central City, just like when King Piccolo was there.

Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge
Near Goku's House.

Dragon Ball Z: Super Android 13!
Perhaps Eastern City because the movie starts in a city and then moves to a snowy region and Tsumisumbri Mountains is nearby.

Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan
I'm not sure where Paragus' ship lands but perhaps near the island where Android 19 and 20 where found.

Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound
Perhaps on an island near Tenkaichi Budokai Arena.

Dragon Ball Z: Broly - Second Coming
In a place called Natade Village to the west of East City, according to the wiki.

Dragon Ball Z: Bio-Broly:
Island called Jaguar's island which is near Satan City. Not sure how as there is no island near Satan City.

Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon
Events here most likely happened in West City.

Dragon Ball Z: History of Trunks
Parsley City is on the map but I'm not sure where Bridge Town and Pepper Town are.

Dragon Ball Z: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans
Some of the events happen in West City but they did travel all over the world so not really sure of the locations.

Dragon Ball Z: Goku and His Friends Return.
Events here most likely happened in Satan City.

You guys have any theories as to the locations of the events that were played out in the movies?
http://dragonballzgt.smfforfree3.com/index.php Join us! And take a step in making the fan's Dragonball Z game!

Our Trailer http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxuKNAJxOM

Characters that must appear in the ultimate DBZGT game http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=dragonballzgtfighter

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Re: Theories as to the locations of the events in the movies

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:32 pm

I wouldn't wrap my brain around it. The show of inconsistencies, this is one of them. :roll:
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:38 am

dragonballzgtfighter wrote:I was looking at this map of the Dragonball world and it got me thinking. Where are the locations of the events of the Dragonball movies?

Just some ideas I came up with.

Dragon Ball: Curse of the Blood Rubies
No idea.

Dragon Ball: Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle
Devil's Hand, not sure where it would fit in the map.

Dragon Ball: Mystical Adventure
Located in Mifan which is near Karin Tower according to the wiki.

Dragon Ball Z: Dead Zone
Near Kame House according to the wiki.

Dragon Ball Z: The World's Strongest
I've seen a map with Tsumisumbri Mountains near where Muscle Tower is. Seem logical to me.

Dragon Ball Z: The Tree of Might
Somewhere near Goku's house.

Dragon Ball Z: Lord Slug
West City as that is where most things happen or Central City, just like when King Piccolo was there.

Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge
Near Goku's House.

Perhaps Eastern City because the movie starts in a city and then moves to a snowy region and Tsumisumbri Mountains is nearby.

Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan
I'm not sure where Paragus' ship lands but perhaps near the island where Android 19 and 20 where found.

Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound
Perhaps on an island near Tenkaichi Budokai Arena.

Dragon Ball Z: Broly - Second Coming
In a place called Natade Village to the west of East City, according to the wiki.

Dragon Ball Z: Bio-Broly:
Island called Jaguar's island which is near Satan City. Not sure how as there is no island near Satan City.

Dragon Ball Z: History of Trunks
Parsley City is on the map but I'm not sure where Bridge Town and Pepper Town are.

Dragon Ball Z: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans
Some of the events happen in West City but they did travel all over the world so not really sure of the locations.

Dragon Ball Z: Goku and His Friends Return.
Events here most likely happened in Satan City.

You guys have any theories as to the locations of the events that were played out in the movies?
That map looks like Pangaea.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:38 am

Is that map legit? Where is it from?

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:33 am

Code: Select all

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/4/47/Dragonball_world_map_by_0some_weirdguy0-d4qonuq.jpg
dragonballzgtfighter wrote:according to the wiki
However we need a more reliable source for now.

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:54 pm

On Wikia they say it's Orange City (Satan City before being renamed) in more than one places, but also say it's West City on the West City main article. I wonder if both are just made up or if there's some truth. I never got a hint of the city having anything familiar with Satan City. Likely it's just some random city.
We know for a fact that it did since they were at Capsule Corp. Some of the movie also takes place in Satan City.
酷签名

Mysterio

Post by Mysterio » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:39 pm

dragonballzgtfighter wrote: Dragon Ball Z: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans
I think in the remake they were just in West City, but it has been a while since I've watched either one.
Anyway, here's the best map I could find for Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans-

Do any guidebooks mention were the various movies take place?

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:02 am

hleV wrote:Is that map legit? Where is it from?
That's the map from Daizenshuu 4, though I don't remember where the color version comes from. The translations seem fairly accurate.

Daizenshuu 4 only covers the manga, but Daizenshuu 7 does have a geography section that includes anime and movie locations. Unfortunately, only the manga areas seem to have their locations mapped out.
-Rachel

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:14 am

Note that the movies seem to exist in seperate and individual alternate universes. To an extent, of course. West City still exists, but Miphan in the third Dragon Ball movie was a completely new location that wasn't present in the main series. That presumably replaced wherever the Tenkaichi Budoukai took place.

We pretty much know for a fact that DBZ Movie #13 and the JSAT special took place in West City and Satan City respectively.

And yeah, the Dragon Ball Wiki is definitely not a reliable source, since they get countless things wrong or just flat-out make shit up.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Takuy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Takuy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:08 pm

That map appears to originate from this forum post on another forum.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:48 pm

To state the obvious, we know Tree of Might and Cooler's Revenge basically take place been Karin Tower and the Mountain Forest where the Sons live. The problem is that they might exaggerate (Particularly in Tree of Might's case) how big that area is. Of course, since this is entirely Toei's writing, Toei's portrayed that area as colossal basically since Dragon Ball episode 1.

And I used Funi movie titles with "Karin". Cute.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:03 am

Takuy wrote:That map appears to originate from this forum post on another forum.
Well, I guess that explains why I don't remember where the color version came from! I thought maybe it appeared in color in one of the newer guides, but I'm probably thinking of something else.
-Rachel

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:11 pm

All of the movies (except for Bardock and History of Trunks) are supposed to be separate from the rest of the universe. In other words it's technically not canon. So I wouldn't give it much thought at all.
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:28 am

DoomieDoomie911 wrote:All of the movies (except for Bardock and History of Trunks) are supposed to be separate from the rest of the universe. In other words it's technically not canon. So I wouldn't give it much thought at all.
No.

That's just something you and other fans make up and subscribe to. It's in no way an official fact and unlikely to be since characters like Garlic Jr. and other movie-exclusive elements were introduced in the main continuity of the anime, clearly showing that they didn't intend for them to only exist "in another universe".

It's your own personal fandom if you want to ignore anything outside of the manga.
酷签名

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:32 am

Dorexx wrote:
DoomieDoomie911 wrote:All of the movies (except for Bardock and History of Trunks) are supposed to be separate from the rest of the universe. In other words it's technically not canon. So I wouldn't give it much thought at all.
No.

That's just something you and other fans make up and subscribe to. It's in no way an official fact and unlikely to be since characters like Garlic Jr. and other movie-exclusive elements were introduced in the main continuity of the anime, clearly showing that they didn't intend for them to only exist "in another universe".

It's your own personal fandom if you want to ignore anything outside of the manga.
To be fair, the Daizenshuu say that:
DB Movies 1, 2 & 3 take place in a different world
DBZ Movie 7 takes place in a parallel world
DBZ Movies 3 & 11 are movie-only stories
The Bardock TV Special takes place in both manga & anime stories

Toriyama also said that he considers the movies to take place in a parallel world to the original manga.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Dorexx wrote:
No.

The movies don't go by the actual timeline. They are considered separate from the storyline, and shouldn't be given thought as far as continuity.
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:25 pm

Just because you don't think they deserve any thought doesn't mean other folks who find it interesting shouldn't be allowed to theorize and discuss it all.

If you personally have nothing to add, well, you have nothing to add to the discussion.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::