Would the humans accept being turned into Androids?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Would the humans accept being turned into Androids?

Post by sonikku956 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:03 am

Logan wrote:I'd go with Kuririn and Yamucha, although the latter would probably do so with reservations about it affecting his appearance toward women.
He'd seen what 17 and 18 looked like. It wouldn't bother him at all. I wish Krillin became at least immortal, so that he could live with 18 a lot longer.

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:54 pm

I think Krillin would give it a thought.
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:56 pm

This is a fascinating scenario.

I'm sure Krillin would ask his wife for her advice on the matter. But that leads me to something else I've always wondered: Do Androids 17 and 18 have any memory of their lives before Dr. Gero got his hooks into them? They never make any mention of it, and post-Cell Games they keep their Android #s instead of using human names. I think Gero probably wiped their memories. Of course, that wouldn't be strictly necessary, so I think Krillin and especially Yamcha would be very open to the idea. Tien would never go for it.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:51 pm

Yeah, I think Gero wiped #17 and #18's memories because, despite them hating Gero for turning them into cyborgs, they still refer to each other by their Android numbers. However, this presumably would've been done manually, since #20 clearly remembers that he was Gero and made the Androids.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm sure Mr Satan would. As long as he was assured everything would still "function."

Kuririn: Sure. It really doesn't seem to affect them much, if #18 could still have a child.

Videl: I'm not sure... she's kind of proud.

Tenshinhan and Chaozu: Possibly, but only if they thought it the only way to save the other.

Yamucha: See "Mr Satan."
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:29 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Yeah, I think Gero wiped #17 and #18's memories because, despite them hating Gero for turning them into cyborgs, they still refer to each other by their Android numbers. However, this presumably would've been done manually, since #20 clearly remembers that he was Gero and made the Androids.
I agree with this theory. It's kind of a shame we never saw their past be explained or discovered by them.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:48 pm

The problem is Gero is dead, so who's going to remodel them into Artifical Humans?
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

DBZnut
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZnut » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:09 am

Yamcha wouldn't, hes too much of a ladies man, Tien wouldn't due to pride, Krillin wouldn't because he has a family

It depends though really, depends on the situation.
Oh, hi there.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:51 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:The problem is Gero is dead, so who's going to remodel them into Artifical Humans?
As I said in the opening post, Bulma.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:06 am

I agree with most that I'd only see them go through with something like this if it were absolutely necessary, the same way Piccolo and the Saiyans agreed with the fusion only because there was no other option . Otherwise no, especially Tenshinhan, who I see turning it down out of honour, like people here have already mentioned. Yamcha and Krillin may not be as averse to the idea as I imagine Ten would be but I still don't see them agreeing to it. Their answer may also depend on when they would be faced with this opportunity. For instance, I can imagine Yamcha seriously considering this in the Android Saga where he seemed to be a little saddened about his inability to help. On the other hand, in the Buu Saga, he appeared to have retired form fighting alltogether and seemed somewhat at peace with that.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:42 am

Saiga wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:The problem is Gero is dead, so who's going to remodel them into Artifical Humans?
Bulma is not that genius like Gero was. She wouldn't know how to build an infinite reactor for them anyway.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:44 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Saiga wrote:
Bulma is not that genius like Gero was. She wouldn't know how to build an infinite reactor for them anyway.
Yeah, I do remember her being astonished by how complex the technology for the androids/Artificial Humans were.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Booney
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booney » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Excuse me for going off topic here but one thing about the androids I've always had my doubts about.

The infinite energy reactor/battery/suply or whatever.
Does it really mean eternal youth? I always thought of it meaning they never get tired or something. Where did the idea of eternal youth come from?

Ok so before posting I went to check the Daizenshuu translations on Kanzentai.
Kanzentai on #17 wrote:Equipped with an eternal energy engine, he never tires out.
Kanzentai on #18 wrote:She's the mightiest of wives: extremely beautiful, strong, and eternally youthful.
Again, on one hand it's nothing more than an eternal energy engine but on the other hand it somehow grants eternal youth.
So are there any statements made in the story itself about the energy engines of these two androids?
[url=http://superbooney.deviantart.com/]My DeviantART[/url]

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:08 pm

Blooma, the women who in 17 years built a highly advanced time machine during a post apocalyptic future that can essentially create new dimensions, can't make copy the designs of the androids to use on her friends....?
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:29 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Saiga wrote:
Which is why I said, in the opening post, what if Bulma had figured it out?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:11 pm

I wonder if Sheron can give them back their memories. I guess he theoretically could since he wiped the memory of Buu from Earth.

mister yummy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mister yummy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:29 am

I see Bulma doing it to herself, so she can finally join in on the fighting.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:39 pm

mister yummy wrote:I see Bulma doing it to herself, so she can finally join in on the fighting.
But she never showed the desire or attitude to fight...ever. She never displayed any characteristic to imply she would want to become a warrior. She always chose intellectual or savvy approaches and seemed content with just that.

DannyDBZfanforever
Beyond Newbie

Post by DannyDBZfanforever » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:57 pm

I do not think the Z warriors accepted willingly, dr Gero transformed their bodies with mechanical parts. The Z warriors have the "Warrior Pride", whose ethics are above the possibilities of power.

DanTheBib
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DanTheBib » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:38 pm

I don't see any of them doing it at all. I can't think of a scenario where they would need it, like a few of you have suggested. The Saiyans are already stronger than the androids (okay, maybe not Goten and Trunks but if they needed to if, say, Gohan, Uub, Mr. Boo and Goku died, I think they'd train). So what could kill all of the Saiyans, Uub, Mr. Boo and #18 but still be weak enough to be killed by a suped-up Krillin? I just can't see that happening I guess.

But ignoring that, I feel pride would take a massive place in it. Look how long they've trained for. Even Yamcha is hundreds of times stronger than any normal Earthling through his own doing. I just can't see them wanting it - especially Tenshinhan.

As for Bulma, she's not the fighting type. Even if she did it to herself, she has no fighting ability at all, so it wouldn't be that helpful. Videl...nope. No reason to, and then there's the pride thing. Chi-Chi same again. She's not a fighter anymore.

As for Mr Satan...he actually has some morals. Especially at the end of Z, with the families joining together in that way, he seems to respect the guys. Plus, he's an old geezer by then really, there's little need for him to have it. Plus, if he wanted to, I'm sure one of the guys could teach him how to fly or whatever.
mysticboy wrote:I wonder if Sheron can give them back their memories. I guess he theoretically could since he wiped the memory of Buu from Earth.
I would think giving memories back is different to taking them away. If Gero actually wiped them entirely, I can't see how Shenron could do it. Taking memories away is one thing, but if there's nothing in #18's brain at all, I don't know how he could put them back. Unless Gero repressed the memories in some way, in which case it's already there for Shenron to bring to the surface. I feel that without something there in #18's brain, Shenron would have to force some sort of memory into her.
"Well, I guess there is retarded people out there that has serious complains." - Margarita.