If Goku and Vegeta had gone into the RoSaT together?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

If Goku and Vegeta had gone into the RoSaT together?

Post by Fizzer » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:13 pm

When Goku said something along the lines of "Only two people can enter the room at once and I'm going in with Gohan, so you'll have to train with Trunks" to Vegeta, it sounded very much like he was saying "The two of us would go in together if I wasn't going in with Gohan", and I've just been wondering about what sort of time they'd have had in the room, how it would have changed their relationship, and how it would have affected the power they gained while in there, if they'd gone in together. The idea of them living together for a year is quite an unusual one.

Personally, I'm really unsure, other than I think Gohan wouldn't have gone SSJ2, but Goku and Vegeta may have from constantly battling against each other and nearly dying for all of that time, so one of them may have beaten Cell instead. At first I thought Vegeta would hate Goku less after being able to spend all of that time fighting with him, which would have him what he really wants from Goku and would probably be a big bonding thing for them, but if Goku were to consistently or usually win, that might just enrage Vegeta even more.

What do you guys think?

dario03
Advanced Regular

Re: If Goku and Vegeta had gone into the RoSat together?

Post by dario03 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:53 pm

They might of got stronger by fighting each other (assuming they didn't kill each other) but I'm not sure if Goku would of figured out how to master super saiyan. Personally I always thought teaching Gohan how to become a super saiyan and watching what he did right and wrong is what gave Goku a better understanding of super saiyan.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:18 pm

I don't think Vegeta would go for this at all. His personal goal was to get strong enough to defeat Goku. You don't train with the guy you're training to beat. Even if he knew he had to beat Cell, I'm sure Vegeta would stubbornly insist on training alone over training with Goku.

But hypothetically, if he did, I'm sure they'd both end up pretty amazing.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:31 pm

The Yaoi fans would go insane.

But in all seriousness, they'd be stronger.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:49 pm

It would've been amazing. *_*
Seriously, I loved all the "Goku and Vegeta's Adventures Through Buu", it's possible that them having to spend a year together in the Room would've been even more entertaining than that.
That was such a tease with Goku even kinda-asking him and then suddenly changing his mind halfway through because he remembered about Gohan.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:34 am

Thinking about how Vegeta was at that point, I see three possible scenarios:

1) Both end up dead by fighting
2) One of them ends up as dead due to fighting
3) They become best buds or at least respect each other

I believe that the first two are more plausible with Vegeta as the one going too far.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:28 pm

sonikku956 wrote:The Yaoi fans would go insane.

But in all seriousness, they'd be stronger.
Yes, to both statements.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Vegeta would have come out exactly the same, Goku would have come out weaker. Vegeta would have insisted on training alone, so his training wouldn't have changed. Goku, without anyone to spar with, wouldn't have gained as much power as he did.

In the end, Cell would have killed everyone.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.