dbzfan7 wrote: FNF wrote:
Bussani wrote:Aren't the ideas that Trunks was holding back "a fuckload" and that #18 would have been obliterated by the blast also speculation? I mean, it's all open to interpretation.
Goten: “Eh! But will she be alright?...”
Trunks: “Don’t worry, she won’t die if we do it appropriately
. She’s No.18…”
Goten: “Don’t do it at full force!”
Trunks: “I know, I know!”
No.18: “Yo-you’ve got to be kidding…That energy bullet had absolutely incredible speed and destructive power…Co-could it be that those squirts have outrageous power?…This is dangerous! I’ve got to settle this fight soon!”
I don't see how there's much, if any, room to interpret it any way other than the kids being worlds ahead of c18.
Neither do I see how it's speculation at all to say they are fairly close to c18 in their regular forms and miles ahead of her in their SSjin forms when coupled with the pre-budokai training.
Just because the attack was deadly doesn't mean they were way stronger. Similar to how Piccolo's Makankosappo was deadly to Raditz, but Piccolo wasn't stronger then him. Vegeta's Final Flash was deadly to Cell, but he wasn't stronger then Cell. How would the boys know how strong 18 is. They can only approximate from what they heard. 18 was just surprised at how strong they are. The boys also underestimated Boo several times, and Trunks even tried to say Gohan was about the same and then a little stronger then Gotenks, when Gohan was way stronger. 18 didn't let Vegeta's big bang attack hit her. It would have been dangerous so she dodged it. If 18 went full power, i'm certain she would kill the boys. The boys also believed Vegeta was stronger then Boo and that if they teamed with Vegeta they would have killed Fat Boo. I find the boys words can't be trusted.
The comparisons you listed are irrelevant because they don't share the same circumstances. The attacks either had properties that could kill the opponent or had the power behind it to kill them.
The main difference between those examples and the kids vs c18 was that Trunks held back A LOT and yet c18 was still forced to dodge the attack.
To cover the other points;
- There's a little thing called 'the narrative.' The kids refer to c18 being 'stronger than their dads a long time ago' and that should be good enough for the reader to assume they do know approximately how strong c18 was. There's no proof to suggest otherwise. Even the fact that they have been predisposed to the idea that Super Saiyan is pretty normal for the Saiyans goes against you.
- Of course she was surprised. She was almost blown to bits by their 'outrageous power' which unknown to her, was them holding back.
- Once again pointless comparisons. Everyone of them underestimated Boo and there's nothing to suggest Trunks was that wrong about the gap between Gotenks and Gohan. After absorbing Gotenks, Boo could completely trounce Gohan as opposed to Gohan being all over Boo before. Hell, Gotenks was gaining the upper hand vs Boo before he defused.
Vegeta was going all out vs c18 so terrible comparison again.
- Speculation. Back it up.
- Boo's power is awfully hard to sense properly. Goten and Trunks weren't the only ones underestimate him. Vegeta had fought Boo so he could judge Boo's power.
- No characters can be trusted then. They have all made massive mistakes and underestimations. It's just an excuse to nerf the kids and act as if c18 is relevant.
Xyex, really? It's all just pure speculation. There isn't any real interpreting going on that puts the kids that far below c18 in their regular forms never mind them being weaker than c18 as SSjins.