Vegetto: Heightened Fighting Intuition.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Vegetto: Heightened Fighting Intuition.

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:12 am

We all know that Saiyans have natural fighting intuition. Both Vegeta and Goku constantly showed this in the middle of heated battles.

I've been thinking about how much this was enhanced by fusion?

When you look at it, it seems that every aspect of that battle was planned by Vegetto in advance. All leading up to the point where he was "absorbed."

It would have been interesting to see him in other battles, anticipating every scenario and fighting smart, not just strong.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

hleV
Banned

Re: Vegetto: Heightened Fighting Intuition.

Post by hleV » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:49 am

I'll just go on and use the word infinite. Someone else take the rest (if even needed).

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:27 pm

I...don't really understand the question. I mean...yeah, maybe, along with his power, but...so? His plan to get himself "absorbed" by Boo so he could save the others isn't really a complicated plan, and not something that Piccolo or some other smart guy wouldn't have thought of.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:11 pm

From the Daizenshuu:

He has both Vegeta's coolheaded battle strategies and Goku's pure fighting sense

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:45 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote:I...don't really understand the question. I mean...yeah, maybe, along with his power, but...so? His plan to get himself "absorbed" by Boo so he could save the others isn't really a complicated plan, and not something that Piccolo or some other smart guy wouldn't have thought of.
Not so much a question as a topic for discussion.

While the plan to get absorbed itself wasn't complicated, it could be argued that he planned the entire scenario in advance, more interesting due to the fact that he didn't exist until a few seconds prior to the battle.

It seems entirely possible to me that every aspect of the battle was planned by Vegetto, including getting turned into candy, just to show Buu how outmatched he really was.

Basically, the same as considering every move in a game of chess your opponent will make before you start to play.
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:30 am

I tend to think that there was an overall game plan, but the exact specifics of it were more along the lines of thinking quickly and adapting to the exact circumstances perfectly. In that context, it sounds more like how actual fights tend to go. Plus, I find it to be even more impressive for him to come up with each part on the fly rather than having the entire thing planned out beforehand.

I have nothing to really support my outlook. I just like thinking of it that way.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:41 am

I have nothing to really support my outlook. I just like thinking of it that way.
Well, it's pretty much exactly the same for my view. Either one is just as likely.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 pm

Well, I personally think he didn't plan out being transformed into candy just to further prove his superiority to Boo. It's just that he was too ridiculously strong for the candy to make any difference to his power.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Well, I personally think he didn't plan out being transformed into candy just to further prove his superiority to Boo. It's just that he was too ridiculously strong for the candy to make any difference to his power.
I felt it was more along the lines of he made sure to attack Super Buu in such a way that a piece of his body would happen to be left on the floor for Super Buu to think "It seems I'm still missing a piece of myself.. This guy is too strong so I'll have to use it to absorb him." that was the cleverness of both Goku and Vegeta combined.

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:26 pm

I remember in the manga, he would squint his eyes and think of what Buu was going to do next in the text bubbles.
You take the experience of universally feared fighters and combine it, what else did you think was going to happen?
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:08 am

Vegetto's power was so absurd, it just seemed unlikely that Buu could take him by surprise when he transformed him into candy.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:Vegetto's power was so absurd, it just seemed unlikely that Buu could take him by surprise when he transformed him into candy.
Really? Vegetto looked pretty damn surprised when Boo turned him into candy. I think it was just a mixture of luck and Vegetto's overwhelming strength (as well as the fight, along with the entire arc, being gag-oriented) that allowed him to retain his power and whoop Boo's ass even harder than before (as Vegetto becoming smaller made it harder for Boo to hit him).

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Fox666 wrote:From the Daizenshuu:

He has both Vegeta's coolheaded battle strategies and Goku's pure fighting sense
My thoughts on why he is strong besides the two massive powers combining. It makes way more sense then the stupid rival boost crap.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!