Raditz's Body

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gonstead
I Live Here

Raditz's Body

Post by Gonstead » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:45 am

We never see what actually happened to it and it didn't disappear like Goku's did when he died.

Maybe Bulma used one of those capsules that preserves a body and was later buried?
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Re: Raditz's Body

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:03 am

It just stayed there and was later destroyed with Earth when Kid Buu blew it up.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:11 am

They probably just left it there and it decomposed, I suppose.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:17 am

Yajirobe ate it.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:31 am

Saiga wrote:Yajirobe ate it.
I'm pretty sure it was the ostrich-sized chickens that ate him. Revenge for killing their farmer...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:47 am

It was MANBEARPIG
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:18 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
It was MANBEARPIG
So... Yajirobe?

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:55 am

I don't really think they'd just leave it, they'd probably burn it or something :P

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Come to think, why did Goku's body vanish like that? Why wasn't he a corpse like every other dead person in this series?

the joy

Post by the joy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:17 pm

NeoKING wrote:Come to think, why did Goku's body vanish like that? Why wasn't he a corpse like every other dead person in this series?
Kami took it so Goku can keep his body in the afterlife. It's a special condition cause he saved earth several times.
Bitch I ain't going nowere O_O

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:58 pm

hleV wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
It was MANBEARPIG
So... Yajirobe?
So man without the bearpig?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

the joy

Post by the joy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:00 pm

They probably burried it, it would be logical. Krillin wanted to burry Vegeta too.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Also thinking they probably buried it; maybe they used a ki blast to make a pit big/deep enough to but the body in and then just kind of pushed him into it. I can't imagine they just left him there; someone would find the body and start asking questions.

Since Piccolo left with Gohan before there was a chance for this to happen; I guess Kuririn and Kamesennin were the ones to bury Raditz?

It sounds like a murder mystery talking about this topic.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:52 pm

I'd imagine that, off-screen, either Kuririn or Kame-sennin just blew it up, or dug him a grave and put him in it (like what Kuririn was planning to do with Vegeta when he thought he was dead). They wouldn't just leave his dead body there for someone to potentially find and analyze, like with the Saiyan spaceships, no matter how scared of touching Raditz they may've been.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:15 am

NeoKING wrote:Come to think, why did Goku's body vanish like that? Why wasn't he a corpse like every other dead person in this series?
Like the joy said, it was Kami's doing. I think Piccolo outright says this, and I'd assume that Toriyama intended for bodies to disappear whenever a person was granted them in the afterlife. Other characters who disappear upon dying are Kami and the Namekian Elder.

One might ask why Piccolo and the others didn't disappear when the Saiyans killed them. Some dialogue from Yamcha seems to imply that they only got their bodies when they met Kami in the afterlife, so maybe their corpses disappeared (or rather, were transported to the afterlife) when that happened.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

the joy

Post by the joy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:00 am

Bussani wrote:One might ask why Piccolo and the others didn't disappear when the Saiyans killed them. Some dialogue from Yamcha seems to imply that they only got their bodies when they met Kami in the afterlife, so maybe their corpses disappeared (or rather, were transported to the afterlife) when that happened.
Krillin asked Goku to fight Vegeta somewhere else, so their friend's bodies wouldn't be damaged. Then they took them in the plane, I guess Bulma just dit the same as she did for Krillin's corpse few years before. Vegeta had his body in the afterlife too when he suicided against Boo, I must be longer to get it back I think.