Did Zarbon and Dodoria witness Vegeta's destruction?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bando
Beyond Newbie

Did Zarbon and Dodoria witness Vegeta's destruction?

Post by Bando » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:26 pm

In the manga were they both present as Freeza destroyed the Saiyans' home world?

Fox666
I Live Here

Re: Did Zarbon and Dodoria witness Vegeta's destruction?

Post by Fox666 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:50 am

No, in the manga you can only see Bardock with a bunch of Freeza underlings behind him.

However that part of the manga was based on the TV Special, so you may choose to assume that everything that happened on it also happened in the manga.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:42 am

Since they were often by Freeza's side, I'm sure they were watching from his spaceship, like they were on the special.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:10 am

I take the Bardock special as manga canon, since I'm pretty sure Toriyama drew from that scene in the special when he drew those two manga panels, right down to Bardock floating in space with Freeza's underlings around him, and the method in which he was killed. So yes, I believe that Zarbon and Dodoria witnessed Planet Vegeta's destruction along with Freeza.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.