Does Chi-Chi know how to manipulate ki?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mr. Piccolo
Beyond Newbie

Does Chi-Chi know how to manipulate ki?

Post by Mr. Piccolo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Does Chi-Chi know how to manipulate ki? She is certainly a very good martial artist, but is there anything from the manga or anime showing that she knew how to manipulate ki? Any fan theories on this matter?
Kami is my co-pilot.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Re: Does Chi-Chi know how to manipulate ki?

Post by Rocketman » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:30 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:35 pm

I knew Rocketman was going to post that...

Not sure about her being able to manipulate Chi, tho. We know she's quite powerful by the 23rd Budokai, but I don't recall seeing any instance where she's shown any Chi-manipulation.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Mjb1985
Advanced Regular

Post by Mjb1985 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:37 pm

I think Chi Chi only knows how to fight with the basics that Gyu-mao taught her. All that seemed to be mentioned of her was how skillful she was in the Turtle Hermit style. I do think Chi Chi is one of the most underrated characters in the series. I think for example Videl can manipulate ki on a greater level than her, as well as Majin Spopovich and Co. , but I would expect Chi Chi to handle the lot of Mr. Satan , Videl , Majin Spopovich / Yamu all quite easily, perhaps a finger flick or two would do it.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:42 pm

The only thing I guess I could think of is her beam that she blows up the dinosaur with after cutting off it's head, but that's debatable as to whether its ki manipulation or not I suppose. The Daizenshuu says its some sort of beam weapon built into the helmet or whatever though.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Mjb1985
Advanced Regular

Post by Mjb1985 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Yea that just looks like a weapon to me. Overwhelming strength doesn't seem to be a wall that ki manipulation can scale.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:06 pm

Rocketman wrote:Image
Not only Chi-Chi, Bulma can as well.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:40 pm

For a serious answer, no. She could only use the basic foundations of the Kame-sen style of martial arts that Gyuumaou had passed down to her.

For a non-serious answer, she was the first person to master the Kaiouken before Gokuu (the technique was actually named after her, not Kaiou, since she is the real "Lord of the Worlds" and the blue catfish-man is just an imposter), and she frequently spars with Blooma, who reached Super Saiyan after being enraged from Vegeta's dick went too far up her ass and activated the hidden Saiyan gene she inherited from King Vegeta.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.