The DBO Timeline...Again

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Re: The DBO Timeline...Again

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:43 pm

I sort of don't get it. What did Gohan actually research.

Also how old is Gohan by this point (age 804)
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:22 pm

Gohan's age is approximately 47 in AGE 804. His research probably revolved around understanding ki on an applicable, technical, and historical level, among other things he may have detailed about. There's a difference between shooting a basketball and knowing how to shoot a basketball effectively, to use that for analogy.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:36 pm

A new section of the game’s timeline translated by Herms has been added.

I first discovered these “extra” timeline entries on a Japanese website and they’re now also on the Japanese Wikipedia page for the game at the time of this edit.

I cannot stress enough though that these entries have no official source to trace them back to at the moment. The book they claim as the source for these entries…just doesn’t have them as far as I can tell. I’ve looked the thing over as best I can and haven’t seen any of them.

That said, one of the entries (the one about Towa) has basically been confirmed via a recent SDBH blurb mentioning Gero’s involvement with Mira’s creation. So however unlikely, it’s possible that despite the listed source being wrong, the entries themselves are real lore.

All of this said, I don’t feel comfortable presenting the info without all the proper context as a giant disclaimer. Because anyone can post random info online, true or otherwise, and Wikipedia can be edited by anyone.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:45 pm

All I'd like to know is if Towa being Dabura's sister comes from Dragon Ball Online. I treat it as a "semi-true" lore for the series because, as far as we could tell, it was Dimps that might have come up with that for Xenoverse, but was a harmless one. But if it's something from this game, it'd be one heck of a addition to the series too.

I had a feeling this one tidbit could have been from Dragon Ball Online ever since Mechikabura was confirmed to be from this game too, we would probably see they saying something once the game reached Majin Buu saga, but without a source or anything even suggesting it... Hopefully we do get a confirmation on all this eventually.

It's wonderful how we're still getting info on this game years later. Only Dende knows what else is there to be uncovered.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:48 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:45 pm [snip] ...ever since Mechikabura was confirmed to be from this game too... [snip]
Wait, Mechikabura is confirmed to be from Dragon Ball Online? :shock:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:55 pm

~ War of the Dinobots ~

PowerLevel Science

Post by PowerLevel Science » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:47 pm

The lost and the final of Dragon Ball Online was the biggest tragedy of the franchise.
Programmer, scientist, writer and journalist. English is not my first language.

Ultimate power levels list (2007 - 2022):

Power levels studied since 2007.

Chronology: coming soon.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:15 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:45 pm All I'd like to know is if Towa being Dabura's sister comes from Dragon Ball Online. I treat it as a "semi-true" lore for the series because, as far as we could tell, it was Dimps that might have come up with that for Xenoverse, but was a harmless one. But if it's something from this game, it'd be one heck of a addition to the series too.

I had a feeling this one tidbit could have been from Dragon Ball Online ever since Mechikabura was confirmed to be from this game too, we would probably see they saying something once the game reached Majin Buu saga, but without a source or anything even suggesting it... Hopefully we do get a confirmation on all this eventually.

It's wonderful how we're still getting info on this game years later. Only Dende knows what else is there to be uncovered.
Does wikipedia have a way to check out when specific edits were added into the pages? Or maybe waybackmachine has wikipedia's article about it before Xenoverse was out.

If something there mentions that Towa is Dabura's sister before Xenoverse was released , then it could be a likely true lore, that just doesn't have a source, though even then it could not be the case, though if it's mentioned just a few months before Xenoverse was released it could be suspicious, 'cause a Xenoverse trailer could always have mentioned it.

Also:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:45 pm That said, one of the entries (the one about Towa) has basically been confirmed via a recent SDBH blurb mentioning Gero’s involvement with Mira’s creation. So however unlikely, it’s possible that despite the listed source being wrong, the entries themselves are real lore.
Where was this said in SDBH? About Gero being kinda involved with Mira's creation that is.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:34 pm

I think there is a section where you can see when edits were made. I can't remember, I barely use Wikipedia/Wikia.

Gero being a support for Towa is mentioned here.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:18 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:34 pm I think there is a section where you can see when edits were made. I can't remember, I barely use Wikipedia/Wikia.
Yeah I vaguely recall something like that, question is if it lists the edit changes.

There's always waybackmachine as a possibility too.
Gero being a support for Towa is mentioned here.
Thanks man.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:29 pm

All you have to do is click the "View History" button at the top-right of any Wikipedia page and you can see the entire history of any given article. You don't have to be logged in or anything special.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:52 pm

So since nobody else was doing it, I decided to check it out via wayback machine, and, in 2014 there's a mention of Towa:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140707215 ... 4%E3%83%B3

"エイジ990、トワがタイムマシンで到着してドクターゲロの研究所跡の人造人間、バイオテクノロジーに関する研究を調査。野生動物のモンスター化、魔族モンスターたちの徘徊、その騒ぎに乗じた悪党集団の台頭等、治安の悪化。"

Google translator doesn't mention Dabura in this.

It's only in 2017 that Dabura is mentioned as her brother:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170302110 ... 4%E3%83%B3

"エイジ990。暗黒魔界の王ダーブラの妹「トワ」がタイムマシンで出現。ドクター・ゲロの研究所跡地を調査。人造人間とバイオテクノロジーに関する研究を開始。野生動物のモンスター化、魔族モンスターたちの徘徊、その騒ぎに乗じた悪党集団の台頭など、治安の悪化が目立ち始める。デンデが修行者の旅の補助となる力を秘めた不思議な石「ポポストーン」を占いババに頼んで各地に配置する。魔人族誕生200周年。"

And by that point, Xenoverse 1 had been out for two years.

So yeah, it's definitely iffy that the Age 990 part that talks about Towa using Gero's lab has been there since 2014, and it's only after Xenoverse came out that she's said to be Dabura's sister, that does make it sound more likely that Xenoverse was what came up with it, and then someone added that bit in the DBO article, but who knows, the "Age" stuff were barebones before this, so maybe they found more info, but again, it does make it even more likely this isn't something from DBO itself, specially considering the Age 990 part was there for a long time and only after Xenoverse that her being Dabura's sister is included.

Thinking of it, from what is described in the Dragon Ball Online Chronicles thread, Towa shows up in some mission in Namek, and has some dialogue there, it would make sense for her to mention Dabura there, though it's not mandatory for her to do so at that point... Still feel like it can be used to maybe point out she wasn't Dabura's sister in DBO.