The DBO Timeline...Again

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KAiWAi
Not-So-Newbie

Re: The DBO Timeline...Again

Post by KAiWAi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:09 pm

When I see this topic and the one about DBO artworks, I just can't believe all this work could disapear in limbos !! Someone have to adapt the story in a manga instead of the lame scenarios of Dragon Ball AF or Multiverse !! DBO is an unknonw treasure for all Dragon Ball fans ...

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:12 pm

DNA wrote:I hope they acknowledge Lunch's 100th successful prison escape. That would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
It would explain why she wasn't at the BOG party, despite the fact that they were able to track down Tenshinhan and Chaozu (who didn't seem to want to be found in the latter portions of the series).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

KAiWAi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KAiWAi » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:09 am

By the way guys, I'm surprise that Uub is not mention at all in the Timeline ... ?!

And nothing more about the disappearance of Goku and Vegeta. Basically we don't know much about the 3 most powerful warriors on earth.
Or did I missed something ? :)

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:35 am

KAiWAi wrote:
And nothing more about the disappearance of Goku and Vegeta.
Basically, its implied that when they felt that their bodies were starting to decay they left the planet for one last re-match somewhere in the universe. Its implied that they both died and that the battle caused super-nova light effects that were seen from Earth.

KAiWAi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KAiWAi » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:54 pm

rereboy wrote:Basically, its implied that when they felt that their bodies were starting to decay they left the planet for one last re-match somewhere in the universe. Its implied that they both died and that the battle caused super-nova light effects that were seen from Earth.
That's really an epic story !!

All the entries of the Dragon Ball Online timeline could be illustrated in some kind of mini-series side-story just like in the One Piece mange, between chapters !!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8A5xL2JWetU/U ... ter+35.jpg

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:14 pm

It feels a bit too late at this point.

Assets from DBO may be used for Xenoverse and Heroes, but Xenoverse is already changing stuff and Heroes doesn't really have a proper story. So actual game content (characters, possibly general events from within DBO, etc) may end up being recycled, but the supplemental info like that in this timeline already feels lost.

Willing to wait and see before actually saying for certain that we won't see this stuff anymore, but I don't think things look too promising. We'll see though.

KAiWAi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KAiWAi » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:09 pm

Yes I know and that's kind of sad !!

Personally I completelly missed DBO in 2010/2013, because I wasn't a PC gamers back then. So it's only now that I really take the time to learn about the background of the game, the graphic assets and stuffs. I'm really sad that all this job done by the producers is only written here and nothing more ... it will vanish soon.

What they have done with the futur of the Dragonball world is really clever in DBO and the Xenoverse recycle seems a bit "light" compare to this amazing timeline !! It makes me sad ...

Jaco

Post by Jaco » Sat May 09, 2015 1:20 am

First of all, thank you for these amazing translations.

I've been out of the DB loop for a while now, but between the new movies, Jaco and XenoVerse, I've been pulled back in and finding out about all this stuff I missed. The timeline and guide translations have me fascinated by this whole storyline, and now I'm sad I never got to experience the game itself.

Would you say these threads are the most complete resources we have for DBO story materials in English? I'm dying to know more.

Thanks!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat May 09, 2015 1:28 am

Yeah, the two guides in my signature are probably your best English DBO resources right now. We went through and weeded out all the misinformation of previous translations, but there is still plenty we haven't gotten to. Before the game closed down, we extracted a lot of the game's files (sadly, not from the last version, but we do have the bulk of it). There are fans out there trying to recreate DBO and translate the whole game into English, but I honestly would not trust most of the content they put out. Last I checked, they were just translating things to the best of their abilities with Google. While that may work for some of the project, it certainly won't work for everything. That's how the first versions of the translated material ended up inaccurate in the first place.

We hope to get to any other interesting material eventually, but life gets in the way some times.

Jaco

Post by Jaco » Sat May 09, 2015 1:44 am

Well, thank you again for everything you've done so far. It's sad such a fascinating pocket of DB lore is so obscure, but it's good to know someone's on the job. :D Cheers!

Confidence Matters
Banned

Post by Confidence Matters » Sat May 09, 2015 2:00 am

Thank god this isn't canon.

moochfloatjr
Not-So-Newbie

Post by moochfloatjr » Sat May 09, 2015 9:45 am

I really feel like DBO offers a great post-EoZ storyline, with a lot of characters getting good conclusions. I'd love to see Super make some of the earlier events canon.
Don't be too alarmed if I just don't show up for a few months. Hooray for fleeting interests!
Lord Beerus wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Super Saiyan 3 Lord Appule vs. Kaio-ken x20 Future Mecha Nappa
Nappa squashes Appule like the bug he is.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 09, 2015 6:15 pm

moochfloatjr wrote:I really feel like DBO offers a great post-EoZ storyline, with a lot of characters getting good conclusions. I'd love to see Super make some of the earlier events canon.
Dragon Ball Online is a goldmine of stories, settings and characters that are begging to be explored. Xenoverse only really scratched the surface of it and I think Super could definitely benefit from taking ideas from it. Not to mention that Goku and Vegeta go out in an insane blaze of glory in DBO.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sat May 09, 2015 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moochfloatjr
Not-So-Newbie

Post by moochfloatjr » Sat May 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
moochfloatjr wrote:I really feel like DBO offers a great post-EoZ storyline, with a lot of characters getting good conclusions. I'd love to see Super make some of the earlier events canon.
Dragon Ball Online is goldmine of stories, settings and characters that begging to be explored. Xenoverse only really scratched the surface of it and I think Super could definitely benefit from taking ideas from it. Not to mention that Goku and Vegeta go out in an insane blaze of glory in DBO.
Exactly. From what I know, Xenoverse used the Time Patrol concept and Heroes is using the masked Bardock design somehow, but a lot of the best Online material is the backstory, like Goku and Vegeta fighting hard enough to create a supernova and Gohan introducing ki to the masses. The 'fluff' from Online alone could make a great epilogue, or even a show if given more foes to face.
Don't be too alarmed if I just don't show up for a few months. Hooray for fleeting interests!
Lord Beerus wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Super Saiyan 3 Lord Appule vs. Kaio-ken x20 Future Mecha Nappa

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat May 09, 2015 6:41 pm

moochfloatjr wrote:Heroes is using the masked Bardock design somehow.
What do you mean by "somehow"?
moochfloatjr wrote:but a lot of the best Online material is the backstory, like Goku and Vegeta fighting hard enough to create a supernova and Gohan introducing ki to the masses. The 'fluff' from Online alone could make a great epilogue, or even a show if given more foes to face.
And yes, that's why I'm always saying Online should continue Dragon Ball's plot, it adds so much, it contributes a lot to the "Dragon Ball lore". I wouldn't think twice to change GT for Online (not that I hate Dragon Ball GT, though). Many characters get a decent plot/fate, and all of them are pretty damn well executed/enjoyable.

Dragon Ball Online should be remade to fit with these new movies and just changing "baby Kakarot" to "toddler Kakarot", in regards to Dragon Ball Minus.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat May 09, 2015 7:39 pm

There are more problems than just baby Goku. One of the bigger ones now that Resurrection F is in the picture is that all of Freeza's organization has officially been wiped out. They didn't even have 1000 soldiers left and needed to hire mercenaries to fill out their ranks, and Freeza killed them all. There is no one left to invade Earth in AGE 820, and then stick around to do all the other little things before eventually becoming one of the bigger groups in Mira's army.

moochfloatjr
Not-So-Newbie

Post by moochfloatjr » Sat May 09, 2015 7:43 pm

Dyno wrote:
moochfloatjr wrote:Heroes is using the masked Bardock design somehow.
What do you mean by "somehow"?
I mean I haven't looked into it enough to know how it's being used. I know he and Mira are in the new expansion, but considering the sequel hook in Xenoverse, I'm not sure how it fits in.

As for Freeza's army - that can be tweaked, honestly. To me, the important part is where the heroes go after EoZ and how they essentially inspire the world to follow in their footsteps.
Lord Beerus wrote:

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat May 09, 2015 8:10 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:There are more problems than just baby Goku.
I remember you saying there are more problems with Dragon Ball Minus, but I don't remember what you said. :lol:
moochfloatjr wrote:I mean I haven't looked into it enough to know how it's being used. I know he and Mira are in the new expansion, but considering the sequel hook in Xenoverse, I'm not sure how it fits in.
He is being used pretty damn well, Heroes didn't fucked with his design from Online the way they did with his Super Saiyan 2.
Yes, though Mira is in Dragon Ball Heroes since JM8. And Evil Bardock should be in Dragon Ball Xenoverse, it was a shame he didn't make his way to there, hope he will be in Xenoverse 2.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat May 09, 2015 8:27 pm

I'm not saying these other issues can't be addressed/altered, but noting that there are now more inconsistencies that need the treatment. I know Toriyama isn't exactly huge on consistency these days, but some of the ones that would need to be tackled for DBO are just bigger than the number of wishes Shelong can grant or whether a character is lying about their age like in recent material.

And with Super on the way and another potential movie in 2017, who knows what will be contradicted next.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:32 pm

I didn't want to create a new topic just to ask this, I guess it's fine if I ask here.

I've seen pictures of giant-sized Gamelan and Bongo. Do they, as bosses, transform into giants? Or were those just the regular spawn of Poko Priests, which are born giant if you summon them while being a giant yourself?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra