King Vegeta's Necklace/Pendant

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Magica
Regular

King Vegeta's Necklace/Pendant

Post by Magica » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:34 pm

This is one of those things that pop into your mind and just make you ponder.

Does anyone remember and episode where King Vegeta was killed and Freeza stepped on his necklace pendant that was sort of a circle inside of a circle?

Was there any significance or importance to that pendant?

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:07 pm

I remember that exact episode. I guess the pendant was probably what the King of the planet would be wearing. I am not exactly sure if the pendant had a lot of value or significance, but we can never really tell. Freeza damn sure made it look like nothing.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:12 pm

I figured that the pendant had something to do with being a King. Perhaps the necklace is Vegeta's way of having a crown?

For those that are confused on what I'm talking about, the necklace on his chest:

Son Goku
Regular

Post by Son Goku » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:16 pm

I guess it's like this. A crown would make a Saiyajin King look weak and vounerable. A necklace (epecially that one :P ) looks badass.
I also go by "veemonjosh".

gallagtor
Beyond Newbie

Post by gallagtor » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:28 pm

That's odd. I just watched that episode today. It's episode 78 in case anyone is wondering.
I don't think there's anything important about it, although I'm not great at detecting symbolism and underlying meanings and stuff like that. :wink:

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:45 pm

I don't remember the episode quite well. When Freeza stepped on that pendant didn't K. Vegeta croak over and die, or what he already dead?

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:47 pm

The thing looks regular to me. I do agree with everyone, it was most likely just a crown for the King, only it wasn't a crown, it was a pendant. Can anyone answer this question, why did King Vegeta let Freeza take his seat. That's like a kid cutting in front of you in the water fountain line.

Oh and K. Vegeta was already down for the count when Freeza stepped on the pendant.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:51 pm

I'm sure that Freeza probably made up enough lies to dupe the Royalty into anything, including taking the custody of P. Vegeta.

Another question. Zorn (Or it may be Corniss, I'm not sure). He's KV's second in command or royal advisor or what?

EDIT: Thanks Turlast. I couldn't remember.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:03 pm

Son Goku wrote:I guess it's like this. A crown would make a Saiyajin King look weak and vounerable. A necklace (epecially that one :P ) looks badass.
Oh so Saiyajins wouldn't consider a necklace a "sissy thing" on guy? :P

And the reason King Vegeta gave him his seat is becasue Freeza ruled over him. He was stronger after all. The changlings ruled over the empire, not King Vegeta. They were just a part of it. King Vegeta and the Saiyajins worked for Freeza. They weren't equals.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:34 pm

No problem Magica. I had just watched the episode late last night, so it was very fresh in my memory. It's also one of my favorite episodes. King Vegeta did prove in that episode that he wasn't worthy enough to be a king, because he showed stupidity.

Back to the chair thing, I completely understand, hell I would have done the same thing if I was him. It just looked awfully funny because of Freeza's height. Freeza was the same height I was when I was eight, and King Vegeta was tall.

That guy in the screen with K. Vegeta, I am sure that he is the Royal Advisor, but I am not exactly sure sorry!
Last edited by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 on Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:36 pm

Is it possible for PV to be ashamed of his father because of this? Sorry if I keep throwing stupid questions out.

PV = prince Vegeta

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:39 pm

Don't worry, you aren't throwing dumb questions out. I think Vegeta didn't even care, because he kept saying father mean's nothing to me. So I don't think he was really ashamed, but in the back of his mind he probably was.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:21 am

I think all he really cared about was being strong. Not sure if at first he wanted to beat Freeza, that may have come about after Freeza destroyed his planet. Then again, Vegeta was ambitious enough that he could have always wanted to be the strongest in the universe, even when really, really young. After all, what he grew up with was people all around him showing that the strongest hold all the power.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:31 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Don't worry, you aren't throwing dumb questions out. I think Vegeta didn't even care, because he kept saying father mean's nothing to me. So I don't think he was really ashamed, but in the back of his mind he probably was.
The King didn't exactly care about his son either. He said in that same episode that it didn't matter if his son died or not, but he was pissed at Frieza pushing him and the other Saiyans around.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:32 am

I remember that too. I think K. Vegeta was probably jealous that his som had surpassed him at a young age, or he probably was tired of Freeza so much that he began to say things out of anger.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:34 am

I personally think it's because the Saiyajin culture in general never put that much importance on familial relationships. They're warriors first and foremost. Yes, they have relationships and children but I would think the relationships are primarily to meet their primal needs and well, they have to pro-create to keep the empire going after all, but that's probably as far as it goes. Which is why they aren't bothered about sending their children when they're still babies to other planets to destroy them.

So I think that King Vegeta had pride in his son's talents and strength to a certain extent. It would show the superiority of the Saiyajin empire and especially the royal bloodline. However, I believe that's as far as any "affection" went. I think it was more indifference at the thought of giving Prince Vegeta to Freeza.
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:17 am

While we're on the subject of King Vegeta, does anyone know his age when he was killed by Frieza? He was likley in his teen years when he lead the revolt against the Tuffles, though he'd still have to be VERY old when getting killed considering it was often stated (by Kaio and Bebi) that it was the "anscestors" of Goku and Vegeta, yet Vegeta's Father was the one whom lead the revolt. Also take into account that when Tien, Krillin, Lambchop..... Yamcha, and Chouzu went in the Pendulum, they were taken back a 100 years and by the looks of things, the Saiyans were in full control of the planet and the Tuffle technology. What is King Vegeta, an eternaly young 500 year old Saiyan?
14 years later

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:10 am

It wasn't Vegeta's father that lead the revolt. It was the very first King Vegeta ever, centuries ago. The name Vegeta is basically handed down from one King to the next.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:54 am

Isnt the entire scene filler anyway?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:05 am

Jerseymilk wrote:It wasn't Vegeta's father that lead the revolt. It was the very first King Vegeta ever, centuries ago. The name Vegeta is basically handed down from one King to the next.
What screws things up is the Chronology (daizenshuu 7) which states that from 720-730 the Saiyans were at war with the Tsufuls. Two years later Prince Vegeta was born. Silly Daizenshuu. :roll:

Concerning King Vegeta's age, I'd say he's probably anywhere between 70 and 100 years old. My reasoning is that, since 52 year old Prince Vegeta looks like he's in his early 30s (Saiyans age more slowly than humans) and since King Vegeta appears to be between 10 and 20 years older than him.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.