Raditz and his scouter

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:21 pm

No, Kami MUST be stronger than Piccolo Daimao: After defeating Piccolo Goku was fully healed by Karin (giving him a power boost because he is a saiyan), then he went up to the lookout using the niyoibo. And then he couldn´t even defeat Mr. Popo and much less Kami.
^I´m with stupid^

How to keep a blonde occupied, see below.
How to keep a blonde occupied, see above.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:26 pm

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan wrote:No, Kami MUST be stronger than Piccolo Daimao: After defeating Piccolo Goku was fully healed by Karin (giving him a power boost because he is a saiyan), then he went up to the lookout using the niyoibo. And then he couldn´t even defeat Mr. Popo and much less Kami.
I thought that was more because of Goku's lack of control than anything else.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:19 pm

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan wrote:No, Kami MUST be stronger than Piccolo Daimao: After defeating Piccolo Goku was fully healed by Karin (giving him a power boost because he is a saiyan), then he went up to the lookout using the niyoibo. And then he couldn´t even defeat Mr. Popo and much less Kami.
That's what I always figured. I suppose it's possible that the altitude was a factor, but come on, a finger flick? Surely there's at the very least some difference between Kami and Piccolo.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:04 pm

Well, after all, he is (well, was) God, and certainly it would be fitting for God to be more powerful than the devil (great demon king, but nontheless, you get my idea).
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:44 pm

Maybe for a while, but then why didn't he ever fight Piccolo? And after a while Piccolo probably surpassed him with intense training while Kami was watching over Earth.
Who said life isn't a game?

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:14 pm

Well, he didn't fight Piccolo personally because he was too busy, ya know, being God and all. He came down to fight Ma Jr. because he finally took it upon himself to defeat well, himself. Keeping in the tradition of him being god, he didn't directly fight Piccolo the first time; rather, Son Goku sort of fought for him.

I would say that Kami and Piccolo were the same in terms of strength, but Piccolo obviously had the upper hand since he regained his youth. But then again, Kami did flick Goku aside with just a finger...

He is a deity, after all. :?
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:37 pm

Gamingdevil wrote:Maybe for a while, but then why didn't he ever fight Piccolo? And after a while Piccolo probably surpassed him with intense training while Kami was watching over Earth.
This was explained when Goku stopped Kami from killing Piccolo in the 23rd budoukai. If Kami had killed Piccolo Daimao, it would be like committing suicide since he'd die too, but Kami's can't kill themselves. I guess Kami thought it was worth breaking the rule when it came to the threat of Ma Junior Piccolo.

My guess is Kami is as strong as 23rd budoukai Ma Junior with weighted clothing still on.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Akira
Regular

I have the answer

Post by Akira » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:21 am

I have the explanation for this whole mess.

Think of when Piccolo trains and uses the split form technique. It splits him in two equal halves. We know from Tenshinhan using the technique against Goku at the 23rd tournament that each division is an equal cut in power. So using that split form technique with the aid of deep meditation and possibly the asistance of the previous guardian, the original Piccolo split into two equal powerful halves that looked identical. The only difference was that one was good, the other evil.

Original Piccolo (100%) Divide by 2:
-Kami Piccolo (50%)
-Daimao Piccolo (50%)

Kami Piccolo became guardian and increased his power from the whatever the powerlevel was at at 50%.

Daimao Piccolo raised his power too through killing and massacring people. But his power was decreased some too through giving birth to dozens and dozens of minions. He was then sealed in a jar by Mutaito.

Here is where the difference began. Daimao Piccolo was in that jar for centuries. During this time, he and Kami Piccolo both grew old. However, Kami Piccolo had decades of youthful years to increase his power far beyond Daimao Piccolo. He also had spent many years training Mr. Popo to be strong as well.

Daimao Piccolo is released by Pilaf. He stayed away from Kami Piccolo and Popo because he knew better than to go tangle with people far beyond him. He found it curious that these new Red Star balls had been created during his absense. He would only remember the Black star balls ceasing to exist and wouldn't have know about the Red Star balls had Pilaf not told him about them.

Daimao regains his youth and a great deal of power, but still not as much as Kami had accumulated over the decades. This is why even though Son Goku managed to beat Daimao Piccolo he was still no match for Kami Piccolo.

Daimao Piccolo is reborn as Ma Junior Piccolo. Born outright with the power that Daimao had held, he was able to go straight from youth into greater leagues of power that would test the very limits of son Goku's abilities at the time. During that time is when he surpassed Kami Piccolo.

Piccolo Junior continues to train and become stronger. He merges with Nail on namek. Nail mentions that had he come back at 100% he'd be capable of more than enough power to kill Freeza. That is to say, as long as he and Kami are split, even if he surpassed Kami, his maximum potential is always 50% of what it could be. Because they are walking mirrors of each other and two halves of a split form technique. Although by now they have lived seperate lives and have seperate personalites, if they think back far enough they shared the same memories as one person.

So Piccolo Junior merged with Nail who had never split before and was pushing great potential on his own. 40,000+ in terms of power levels. Piccolo gained the memories and expriences of Nail and the two became one entity from then on. However, they had still used Piccolo as the dominant personality and Nail's power was added to Piccolos and allowed him to progress further.

Eventually the threat of Cell forced the two to remerge with each other. Kami Piccolo and Piccolo Junior remerged into one being and once again reached 100% potential. Thst is why he became so strong. It was like unlocking hidden power in a sense. Power that neither could have on thier own. Plus they had the memories and talents of Nail so it made for a very powerful character. He either forgot or ignored the fact that at that very moment, the Black Star Dragonballs were revived as well. probably too distracted by he battle coming with cell to worry about it then.

Hope my analysis helps some.