Power Rankings at the end of the battle with Kid Buu

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MarCas92
Regular

Power Rankings at the end of the battle with Kid Buu

Post by MarCas92 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:10 am

These are just my theories.

1. Super Vegetto...duh...
2. Buu (Gohan Absorbed)
3. Buu (Gotenks Absorbed)
4. Ultimate Gohan
5. SSJ3 Gotenks
6. Super Buu
7.Goku SS3
8. Kid Buu
9. Fat Boo (Pre-Split)
10. Vegeta SS2

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?
Last edited by MarCas92 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Power Rankings at the end of the battle with Kid Buu

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:50 am

I think it's very good and 100% agree with it. Where would you put Buu (Piccolo Absorbed) if added to the power ranking list?

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:08 am

I didn't rank him since he never fought, but I would say somewhere after Super Buu and before Ultimate Gohan would be the most logical place.
Last edited by MarCas92 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:14 am

I'm inclined to disagree with some of that. Super Buu was stronger than Gotenks at Super Saiyan 3 - he basically just toyed with him whilst waiting for Gohan to show up.

Furthermore, and this seems to be particularly controversial on this forum, I think Super Saiyan 3 Goku is either as powerful or stronger than Ultimate Gohan, and definitely stronger than Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks.

Goku as a Super Saiyan 3 against Fat Buu was purely to stall for time, he could have beaten him. He also remarks that at full power he could probably have beaten Kid Buu too. As this is the climactic fight of Dragonball Z I'm inclined to believe Kid Buu to be as strong, if not stronger than Super Buu. Toriyama logic makes little sense in the real world - but that's irrespective as in relation to the narrative I think that both of the aforementioned positions are more than implied.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:23 am

I take it you aren't using characters other forms like base Vegetto, and SSJ Gotenks? If so I agree 100% :)

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:30 am

Blade wrote:I'm inclined to disagree with some of that. Super Buu was stronger than Gotenks at Super Saiyan 3 - he basically just toyed with him whilst waiting for Gohan to show up.

Furthermore, and this seems to be particularly controversial on this forum, I think Super Saiyan 3 Goku is either as powerful or stronger than Ultimate Gohan, and definitely stronger than Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks.

Goku as a Super Saiyan 3 against Fat Buu was purely to stall for time, he could have beaten him. He also remarks that at full power he could probably have beaten Kid Buu too. As this is the climactic fight of Dragonball Z I'm inclined to believe Kid Buu to be as strong, if not stronger than Super Buu. Toriyama logic makes little sense in the real world - but that's irrespective as in relation to the narrative I think that both of the aforementioned positions are more than implied.
SSJ3 Gotenks was just about to finish off Buu, and Gohan and Piccolo both seemed pretty confident he would win. I see your point, but I don't think Buu would let himself get THAT close to death. Obviously all this is speculation, theres no REAL answer that anyone can prove. However if you'd like I could explain why I think Super Buu is stronger than Kid Buu.

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:40 am

MarCas92 wrote:I didn't rank him since he never fought, but I would say somewhere after Super Buu and before SS3 Ultimate Gohan would be the most logical place.
Yeah, somewhere Mightiest Warrior Gohan can beat him since Goku said "Gohan can handle you now!". That would mean you have Super Gotenks and Evil Boo aka Super Boo equal with each other, so Piccolo's additional power is added to Evil Boo's power putting him stronger than Super Gotenks.

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:27 am

1. SSjin Vegetto
2. Gohan-Boo
3. Gotenks-Boo
4. Buff Boo
5. Mystic Gohan
6. Piccolo Boo
7. SSjin 3 Gotenks / Super Boo
8. Kid Boo / SSjin 3 Goku
9. Fat Boo
10. Evil Boo / Gray Boo / Skinny Boo / Pure Evil Boo (whatever his official name is!)

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:26 pm

I wouldn't even bother with Piccolo-Boo. Boo himself said the only reason he absorbed Piccolo was for his intelligence, not his power. When you consider where Piccolo is in comparison to even the Super Saiyans in the Boo arc, there's no way he'd make a dent in the power of Super Boo, who's on par with a freaking post-RoSaT Super Saiyan 3.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:56 pm

I agree with that list.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:59 pm

MarCas92 wrote:1. Super Vegetto...duh...
2. Buu (Gohan Absorbed)
4. Ultimate Gohan
5. SSJ3 Gotenks
6. Super Buu
7.Goku SS3
8. Kid Buu
9. Fat Boo (Pre-Split)
10. Vegeta SS2
That's how I see it as well.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:20 pm

1. Super Vegetto
2. Base Vegetto
3. Super Boo (Gohan Absorbed)
4. Super Boo (Gotenks Absorbed)
5. Ultimate Gohan
6. Buff Boo
7. Super Boo (Piccolo/Goten/Trunks Absorbed)
8. SSJ3 Gotenks
9. Super Boo
10. SSJ Gotenks
11. SS3 Goku
12. Kid Boo
13. Fat Boo (Pre-Split)
14. Pure Evil Boo
15. Mr. Boo
16. SSJ2 Goku/Majin Vegeta
17. SSJ2 Vegeta
18. SSJ2 Gohan
19. Dabura (unless fought SSJ Gohan goes down to)
20. SSJ Goku
21. SSJ Vegeta
22. SSJ Gohan
23. Kaioshin
24. Piccolo
25. SSJ Trunks
26. SSJ Goten
27. Goku
28. Vegeta
29. Gohan
30. Kibito
31. Yakon
32. 17
33. 18
34. Trunks
35. Goten
36. Krillin
37. Tenshinhan
38. Yamcha
39. Chaozu
40. Pui Pui
41. Majin Spopovich
42. Majin Yamu
43. Chi Chi
44. Videl
45. Mr. Satan

Not including budokai Participants and may be inclined to change up the list depending on if i'm convinced.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:29 pm

MarCas92 wrote:These are just my theories.

1. Super Vegetto...duh...
2. Buu (Gohan Absorbed)
4. Ultimate Gohan
5. SSJ3 Gotenks
6. Super Buu
7.Goku SS3
8. Kid Buu
9. Fat Boo (Pre-Split)
10. Vegeta SS2

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?
Agree 100% accept I have Kid Buu equal to SSJ3 Goku.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:11 pm

@DBZFan: Yamu and Spopovitch were able to be hurt by Videl, whereas Chi-Chi was a powerhouse in Dragon Ball, most prominently in the 23rd budokai. Even Initial Goku had power far beyond any normal humans such as Videl and Satan, and since Yamu and Spopovitch can be hurt by Videl, I think Chi-Chi being above them would be better.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:47 pm

Mystic Gohan wrote:@DBZFan: Yamu and Spopovitch were able to be hurt by Videl, whereas Chi-Chi was a powerhouse in Dragon Ball, most prominently in the 23rd budokai. Even Initial Goku had power far beyond any normal humans such as Videl and Satan, and since Yamu and Spopovitch can be hurt by Videl, I think Chi-Chi being above them would be better.
I normally thought that, but the problem is Spopovich could come back from every beating Videl gave him. I can maybe put Chi Chi infront of them, but i'm not sure if she could overcome the fact they can survive having there neck snapped. Not sure how Chi Chi could finish either of them even though she is stronger.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:42 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
Mystic Gohan wrote:@DBZFan: Yamu and Spopovitch were able to be hurt by Videl, whereas Chi-Chi was a powerhouse in Dragon Ball, most prominently in the 23rd budokai. Even Initial Goku had power far beyond any normal humans such as Videl and Satan, and since Yamu and Spopovitch can be hurt by Videl, I think Chi-Chi being above them would be better.
I normally thought that, but the problem is Spopovich could come back from every beating Videl gave him. I can maybe put Chi Chi infront of them, but i'm not sure if she could overcome the fact they can survive having there neck snapped. Not sure how Chi Chi could finish either of them even though she is stronger.
No normal human being could survive there neck being snapped. This is most likely a side affect of the majin charm. That being increased durability.