Tullece & Bardock (Possible Meeting?)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dae

Tullece & Bardock (Possible Meeting?)

Post by dae » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:58 am

In Movie 3: The Tree of Might Turles said somethin like this to Kakarot(goku): "You refuse just like your father and just like him you will die!". Please, tell me when Bardock san refuse Turles command or somethin i can't sleep because this!!!

Magnaboss
Banned

Re: Tullece and bardock?

Post by Magnaboss » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:10 am

dae wrote:In Movie 3: The Tree of Might Tullece said somethin like this to Kakarot(goku): "You refuse just like your father and just like him you will die!". Please, tell me when Bardock san refuse Tullece command or somethin i can't sleep because this!!!
oh dear lord.

The movies in themselves exist in an alternate reality (or realities) of sorts, and since you are possibly quoting the dub (havent seen either version in some time), it's just an inconsistency between Ocean dub lines, TV canon and Movie continuities.

Go to sleep.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:44 am

Just to let you know, this board doesn't allow images in signatures.
And don't worry so much about the movies. Bardock never met Turles, I assure you.
:wink:
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:57 am

Please re-read the forum rules. Your signature has been removed. Please type properly.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dae

Post by dae » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:32 am

Ok, thanks and sorry for signature...

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:52 pm

Hold on what was this? Pioneer's dub or FUNI's redub? I don't remember hearing about anything like that.

I don't think Bardock would've met Turles. They aren't in any relation at all anyway.

EDIT: LMFAO @ Turles filter.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:57 pm

Are you talkin about the dub version of Ultimate Decisive Battle For Earth, A.K.A Tree of Might. I have the Japanese version, and the English version. I don't ever remember Tullece saying anything like that on either version?

I don't think Tullece could've met Bardock anyway! Another thing, it's virtually impossible for Tullece to see Bardock face-to-face with Frieza anyway!! He probably was on his way to another planet around that time, right?
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:04 pm

Hmmm, i think it would be cool if they did a new series of Dragonball all about Bardock and his crew. If they did they could have stuff like Bardock meeting Turl3s like you said he said he did in your version of that film. And you could have kid Raditz and Vegeta and all sorts.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:16 pm

It would be cool, but it's something that most likely had a 20-30% chance of ocurring. I also think that it's just a plothole, because there is no way he could've known that Bardock resisted! I also can't seem to remember Tullece saying that on either version?
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:43 am

Ya but that really wouldn't work too well as a series seeing as Bardock and his team sort of had this little job of constantly going around and committing genocide. You couldn't really turn them into heroes that people would want to root for because of that.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:40 am

Jerseymilk wrote:Ya but that really wouldn't work too well as a series seeing as Bardock and his team sort of had this little job of constantly going around and committing genocide. You couldn't really turn them into heroes that people would want to root for because of that.
Not really. Just make Bardock an anti-hero, and the series about how he got so damned strong, as well as explore the Saiyan social structure and how they made the treaty with Freeza. Rather than have an entire series about Bardock, I'd prefer a one-volume prequel manga by Toriyama. It could end with them leaving for Kanassa or even go as far Bardock's death.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:58 pm

I'd like to see an OVA or Manga with not just Bardock, but perhaps the Saiyajins and their way of culture. Also perhaps a glimpse of the Royal Empire. Maybe we can see Goku and Vegeta's mothers as well? :D

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:51 pm

While the movies are basically what-ifs, perhaps Tullece was Bardock's brother? Even though it's likely to be false, I like to dream.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:17 pm

Magica wrote:I'd like to see an OVA or Manga with not just Bardock, but perhaps the Saiyajins and their way of culture. Also perhaps a glimpse of the Royal Empire. Maybe we can see Goku and Vegeta's mothers as well? :D
Most likely Goku's mom was a one-night stand meeting, as Saiyans don't seem to strongly feel love in the sexual manner (proof being Goku and Vegeta who are most likely the MOST affectionate Saiyans). I'd bet Vegeta's mother was chosen among the Super-Elite to help guarantee that Vegeta'd be born strong, but again, once born she's out of the picture.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:27 pm

When I first saw the Bardock Special, I thought that girl in Bardock's little squad was Goku's mom. I don't know how I ever came across that thought, but I just did out of nowhere. After I watched it the second time around, I realized that it was impossible!!!!

I agree with your theory Dayspring. It's just a one time thing!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:18 am

You're not the only one to think that about Seripa. It's one of those widespread misconceptions about DBZ. You'll still get people insisting that she's Goku's mother.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:28 pm

I'd say they could've met, but I wouldn't count on it happening in the actual storyline, anime or manga.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.