So, Vegeta has become "pure hearted" after Kid Buu?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Legendary Saiya-Jin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

So, Vegeta has become "pure hearted" after Kid Buu?

Post by Legendary Saiya-Jin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:24 am

Or do you think Battle of Gods implies he's still pure evil?

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: So, Vegeta has become "pure hearted" after Kid Buu?

Post by Marco Polo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:30 am

He didn't go to hell after dying in the Buu Saga.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:35 am

Marco Polo wrote:He didn't go to hell after dying in the Buu Saga.
Isn't that because Enma gave him a body and put him aside, just in case? Besides, not going to hell and being pure hearted are two different things.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:03 am

Well Vegeta was ressurected with the second wish during the battle with Kid Boo so he can't be pure evil. By BOG he must be pure hearted (Good). :)

Legendary Saiya-Jin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Legendary Saiya-Jin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:25 am

Maybe Porunga has a different perspective on what is "pure" hearted than Shenlong and Enma Daio.

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:37 am

Vegeta wasn't pure hearted, the wish was for all the people who aren't extremely evil to be brought back, Vegeta fit that description, and considering he wasn't pure evil then, I can only see him getting better, so by BOG I guess he's pure hearted in a good way rather than evil. :)

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:36 am

I think it would've been way more fitting if Vegeta resigned himself to his fate and owned up to his life as a mass murderer and went to Hell. Perhaps Enma could make an exception and let him keep his body. Regardless, Vegeta is far from purehearted and even though he helped save the universe, don't forget the mountain of bodies that he's responsible for. Even Stalin, Mao, and Hitler would blush and say, "that guy went too far!"
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:55 am

I certainly don't buy Vegeta ever being pure-hearted, as in, pure good.

But while we're at it, I don't believe that Piccolo was ever pure-hearted neither. Yet he, with other Z-fighters, was allowed to have their body in the afterlife and go to Kaio's. Apparently going to heaven/getting the body in the afterlife depends on whether one is not exactly evil and may help/has helped to defend the universe from a threat.
Last edited by hleV on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Legendary Saiya-Jin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Legendary Saiya-Jin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:58 am

Maybe merging with Kakarotto did something to him.

Deep Thought
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deep Thought » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:00 am

Wait, the Vegeta who, just weeks (or even days, the Buu Arc didn't really convey time well) ago, turned into a monster and killed hundreds or thousands of people casually just to fight Goku? Even if you want to argue that Babidi manipulated him (he didn't), the fact that Vegeta had a substantive amount of evil to be possessed shows that he is a far cry from pure-hearted. I'd honestly have an easier time believing that he's still pure evil than I would believe that he's pure good. Don't get me wrong, he's become morally a better person but he has a while to go.

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:11 am

By Vegeta helping Gohan against Cell I guess he potentionally saved far more lives than the amount he took. He also did it with Majin Boo, without Vegeta in the picture there would have been no Vegetto, so game over universe. He did more Good than bad in the end so I guess he tipped the scales, and in his heart he wasn't truly evil. Then again he did aid in resurrecting Boo, and allowed Cell to reach his perfect form. :P Guess there's an argument for both sides. :P Atleast he made up for his mistakes, Gohan got SSJ2, and his Ultimate form. Goku was ressurected in the long run because of Boo, and Gotenks got super powerful because of it, as he had to train in the RoSaT. :) Oh also if Vegeta didn't finish Cell Goku wouldn't have learned the fusion dance, probably wouldn't have achieved SSJ3 either as he wouldn't have died. But would Boo have been resurrected if Goku stayed alive? Who knows. :P

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:09 am

Saiyan Prince Vegeta wrote:By Vegeta helping Gohan against Cell I guess he potentionally saved far more lives than the amount he took. He also did it with Majin Boo, without Vegeta in the picture there would have been no Vegetto, so game over universe. He did more Good than bad in the end so I guess he tipped the scales, and in his heart he wasn't truly evil. Then again he did aid in resurrecting Boo, and allowed Cell to reach his perfect form. :P Guess there's an argument for both sides. :P Atleast he made up for his mistakes, Gohan got SSJ2, and his Ultimate form. Goku was ressurected in the long run because of Boo, and Gotenks got super powerful because of it, as he had to train in the RoSaT. :) Oh also if Vegeta didn't finish Cell Goku wouldn't have learned the fusion dance, probably wouldn't have achieved SSJ3 either as he wouldn't have died. But would Boo have been resurrected if Goku stayed alive? Who knows. :P
He's not completely evil, but saving the universe can't tip the scales. There are just too many innocent dead people to ever say he's a good person. How many saved equals one murder.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:09 am

Saiyan Prince Vegeta wrote:By Vegeta helping Gohan against Cell I guess he potentionally saved far more lives than the amount he took. He also did it with Majin Boo, without Vegeta in the picture there would have been no Vegetto, so game over universe. He did more Good than bad in the end so I guess he tipped the scales, and in his heart he wasn't truly evil. Then again he did aid in resurrecting Boo, and allowed Cell to reach his perfect form. :P Guess there's an argument for both sides. :P Atleast he made up for his mistakes, Gohan got SSJ2, and his Ultimate form. Goku was ressurected in the long run because of Boo, and Gotenks got super powerful because of it, as he had to train in the RoSaT. :) Oh also if Vegeta didn't finish Cell Goku wouldn't have learned the fusion dance, probably wouldn't have achieved SSJ3 either as he wouldn't have died. But would Boo have been resurrected if Goku stayed alive? Who knows. :P
He's not completely evil, but saving the universe can't tip the scales. There are just too many innocent dead people to ever say he's a good person. How many saved equals one murder?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:15 am

How about one?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:31 am

I don't get where your coming from to be honest. I think anyone and everyone can be forgiven if they are truly sorry. Besides it's fairly apparent that Vegeta is a good guy now despite his past. I don't know man, saving countless, I really do mean countless, lives is probably a good way to make up for the Trillions of people he has killed.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:49 am

TheMightyOzaru wrote:I don't get where your coming from to be honest. I think anyone and everyone can be forgiven if they are truly sorry. Besides it's fairly apparent that Vegeta is a good guy now despite his past. I don't know man, saving countless, I really do mean countless, lives is probably a good way to make up for the Trillions of people he has killed.
Yea I'm pretty sure after saving the universe (probably twice cause cell) at least once, you've made up for past sins.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:11 am

TheMightyOzaru wrote:I don't get where your coming from to be honest. I think anyone and everyone can be forgiven if they are truly sorry. Besides it's fairly apparent that Vegeta is a good guy now despite his past. I don't know man, saving countless, I really do mean countless, lives is probably a good way to make up for the Trillions of people he has killed.
So murdering mountains of people including children can be thrown under the rug if you are sorry? I don't get where you are coming from. What about being sorry absolves him of his crimes?

It's a good way to begin making up but it doesn't completely make up for TRILLIONS of dead people!

I seriously don't get why no one sees why even saving the universe can possibly make up for the kind of crimes Vegeta committed. And no, saving one life doesn't make up for one murder. If Dahmer saved a bunch of kids, would that make up for the lives he took?

I'm glad Vegeta wasn't a scumbag to the very end, but even he should realize he deserves Hell.
Last edited by ABED on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deep Thought
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deep Thought » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:12 am

Saving the universe, especially in Cell's case, was more incidental than anything. Vegeta had his own reasons and self-interest (or need for self preservation) for wanting Cell and Buu dead and I'm pretty sure "to save humanity" was pretty low on that list. Case in point, Vegeta never apologized for anything or made any form of penance for the countless lives he stole, he just admitted that Goku was better than him and that it was a little foolish for him to constantly try to surpass Goku. That's hardly penance.

Don't get me wrong, Vegeta definitely had a character arc and he definitely became more morally "pure," but insinuating that he became a saint when they fought Kid Buu is absurd. Saints don't commit genocide days before their sainthood.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:16 am

Deep Thought wrote:Saving the universe, especially in Cell's case, was more incidental than anything. Vegeta had his own reasons and self-interest (or need for self preservation) for wanting Cell and Buu dead and I'm pretty sure "to save humanity" was pretty low on that list. Case in point, Vegeta never apologized for anything or made any form of penance for the countless lives he stole, he just admitted that Goku was better than him and that it was a little foolish for him to constantly try to surpass Goku. That's hardly penance.

Don't get me wrong, Vegeta definitely had a character arc and he definitely became more morally "pure," but insinuating that he became a saint when they fought Kid Buu is absurd. Saints don't commit genocide days before their sainthood.
Thank you, my thoughts exactly. I'm not saying Vegeta isn't interesting, but he's far from good, much less pure. Vegeta never appologizes for his crimes. Sure, he sort of appologizes for not being a better father to Trunks, but he never appologizes for the rest of his crimes.

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:48 am

This is clearly just going to come down to opinions, what one thinks can make up for something somebody has done previously. In the long run everybody benefitted from Vegeta, all the really evil people aren't on earth now, Goku, Gohan, Goten and Trunks are a lot more powerful than they would have been if Vegeta didn't let the Villain live, or be ressurected. IMO I think Vegeta is Good by BOG. He's just not "extremely evil" at the end of the Boo arc. :)