More confusion about the forms of Buu

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

More confusion about the forms of Buu

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:12 am

Okay, yeah. Another one of these threads. I'm once again confused by the forms of Buu, particularly where the Supreme Kais are concerned.

First of all, why is Evil Buu different than Kid Buu? If Fat Buu expelled all his evil, shouldn't that mean he should just expel Kid Buu? Unless South Kaioshin has extra evil in him (seems unlikely), or Kid Buu has some good (more unlikely).

Secondly, where is South Kaioshin? He doesn't appear to be in Fat Buu, because Super Buu turns into the stronger Buff Buu after Fat Buu/Good Buu is removed. If he is in Good Buu, shouldn't Good Buu be way stronger?

Third, how do the absorbptions influence Buu's appearance? Why does Super Buu look the way he does? At first I thought he looked that way because the powerful South Kaioshin was the dominate absorption, but no, South Kaioshin Buu is Buff Buu.

Finally, after Kid Buu spits out Good Buu... shouldn't Fat Buu be JUST Dai Kaioshin? Pure Buu, the original Buu, is standing right next to him, with nothing diluting him, meaning that he just spit out Dai Kaioshin... yet I still don't know where South Kaioshin is, or why Good Buu is suddenly an entirely new creature.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: More confusion about the forms of Buu

Post by rereboy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:44 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Okay, yeah. Another one of these threads. I'm once again confused by the forms of Buu, particularly where the Supreme Kais are concerned.

First of all, why is Evil Buu different than Kid Buu? If Fat Buu expelled all his evil, shouldn't that mean he should just expel Kid Buu? Unless South Kaioshin has extra evil in him (seems unlikely), or Kid Buu has some good (more unlikely).

Secondly, where is South Kaioshin? He doesn't appear to be in Fat Buu, because Super Buu turns into the stronger Buff Buu after Fat Buu/Good Buu is removed. If he is in Good Buu, shouldn't Good Buu be way stronger?

Third, how do the absorbptions influence Buu's appearance? Why does Super Buu look the way he does? At first I thought he looked that way because the powerful South Kaioshin was the dominate absorption, but no, South Kaioshin Buu is Buff Buu.

Finally, after Kid Buu spits out Good Buu... shouldn't Fat Buu be JUST Dai Kaioshin? Pure Buu, the original Buu, is standing right next to him, with nothing diluting him, meaning that he just spit out Dai Kaioshin... yet I still don't know where South Kaioshin is, or why Good Buu is suddenly an entirely new creature.
Evil Buu is a mirrored image of Fat Buu. He is basically the opposite of Fat Buu. He was created by Fat Buu, expelling his evil side, which created a totally opposite Buu. That is why he is skinny when Fat Buu is fat. It was process similar to when Piccolo Daimao was expelled from the nameless Namek's body.

Kid Buu however, is the original Buu. Why Super Buu reverted back to Kid Buu instead of Evul Buu is not exactly known, but one of the differences between the two is that, even though Evil Buu is the opposite of Fat Buu, the Kaioshin influence is still reflected upon him. On Kid Buu, none of the Kaioshin's influence in reflected.

My theory is that, just like with Piccolo and Kami, when Evil Buu was expelled, a spiritual bond was formed between them. Both would probably die if one of them died, just like Piccolo. But, when Evil Buu ate Fat Buu, they basically became one again, and their spirits were joined, nullifying the special link between the two bodies because they were now joined, being basically one. When Fat Buu's body was forcefully removed, their spirits were again separated but their link couldn't be reformed automatically when they were separated... It wasn't a willing separation like Fat Buu had done, using his powers, so such a link couldn't be replicated automatically by the forceful separation. So, Super Buu's body and spirit entered a crysis and had to suffer a sort of a meltdown to become once again the core of what he was, his original template (Kid Buu).

South Kaioshin, if he is still inside of a Buu, he is inside Fat Buu/Good Buu. We never got to see inside Fat Buu or Good Buu, just inside Super Buu. So, its unknown if he still is there or not. After so many years, its possible that he has been totally absorbed by Buu and no longer has a body of his own inside Buu. Fat Buu wasn't as strong as he should be because, for some unknown reason, his absorption of Dai Kaioshin went badly, and he became weaker than he should. Probably the Dai Kaioshin's influence repressed his evil nature enough for that to happen. As for Good Buu, the Buu that fought Kid Buu, he is even weaker than Fat Buu was because when Evil Buu was formed, Evil Buu took most of his power, making Good Buu considerably weaker than Fat Buu and the weakest of Buus. To make matters simpler, Good Buu is simply Fat Buu after he lost his evil side and most of his power (which formed Evil Buu).

Its unknown how exactly the absorptions influence Buu's appearance. He seems he often gains traits from the people he absorbs, like becoming muscular or fat. In Super Buu's case, it seems like he became a mix of Fat Buu's and Evil's Buu's appearance.

As for your last question, I believe that the answer is already obvious from what I've already answered. I've explained who Good Buu is and how he was formed. There is no reason for Kid Buu or Good Buu to look any different than they do at that moment.

Terra-jin
Regular

Re: More confusion about the forms of Buu

Post by Terra-jin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:52 am

I agree mostly with rereboy. Good Fat Buu & Evil Thin Buu share a spiritual connection à la Kami & Piccolo. Through this link, Evil Thin Buu still has access to the Kaioshin's influence.

When that link was severed, Kid Buu appeared, because there was no more link between him and the Kaioshin as there was with Evil Thin Buu. It is worth noting that this new Kid Buu is actually the evil half of the original Kid Buu. This, of course, results in the exact same being since Kid Buu was already pure evil. Good Fat Buu, then, is the "good" half of the original Kid Buu - Neutral Kid Buu. Should the Kaioshin still exist within Good Fat Buu and be removed, Neutral Kid Buu is what you'd get. However, this being would be devoid of any power and any personality... at least in the way I see it.
It's all GOOD