Vegeta's Reaction To Mirai Trunks' Death

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Android17

Vegeta's Reaction To Mirai Trunks' Death

Post by Android17 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:52 am

Could somebody post screen-caps of Vegeta's reaction to Mirai Trunks being killed by Cell, IN JAPANESE DBZ with Steve Simmon's official subtitle translations?

I ask this because many subs I've seen online translate Vegeta's dialogue in a way that makes it seem like he doesn't care that his son just died, but that he instead snaps because he doesn't want to be surpassed by both Goku and Gohan.

However, in the Kai DVD official subs, he says "Trunks...N-No... Kararrot's son will not be the one to take vengeance... It will be Trunks' father - me!", clearly indicating that he cares.

I don't have access to DVDs of the ORIGINAL DBZ in Japanese, so I was wondering if there really is a major difference in dialogue between the two versions of the show, or if the former's subtitles were just mistranslated. Sorry if this is confusing request.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Re: Vegeta's Reaction To Mirai Trunks' Death

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:56 am

Yeah I'll do it, let me just get my DVD's out. Will edit this post in a bit.

Edit: OK, the Dragon Boxes were not working on my laptop - I used everal different laptops until I eventually used my PS3 + a HD camera to screenshot.

Screen Cap #1
Screen Cap #2
Screen Cap #3
Screen Cap #4
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.