How come Saiya-Jins were able to access MSSJ post-Cell?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Legendary Saiya-Jin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

How come Saiya-Jins were able to access MSSJ post-Cell?

Post by Legendary Saiya-Jin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:46 pm

If they were always in base in Post-Cell, how would they be able to access MSSJ without effort let alone SSJ2 and 3? Don't you think they'd have to re-train themselves to hold SSJ again before they could re-utilise MSSJ/ SSJ2 and beyond powers?
Last edited by Legendary Saiya-Jin on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: How come Saiya-Jins were able to access MSSJ post-Cell?

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Maybe they trained in SSJ? We see Vegeta training in his SSJ state in the Buu Arc, and I'm sure Goku did some training as a SSJ between the Cell and Buu Arcs. Gohan didn't really train, but I doubt that he never went SSJ at all during the gap.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:02 pm

I think they only had to stay Super Saiyan constantly for long enough to get used to it--or master it, if you prefer. They're not going to lose that skill just because they don't stay Super Saiyan constantly after that. Maybe the skill would degrade if they never used Super Saiyan again for the rest of their lives, but we know that isn't the case.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:05 pm

Yeah, I don't think Full-Power Super Saiyan is something you can really lose. The whole point was getting the form to where it comes naturally for you. I suppose maybe YEARS of doing a whole lot of nothing could start to negatively affect it (and if you want to get really hypothetical, might help explain Gohan's difficulty in using SSj2 during the Boo arc). But it's like any other learned skill. You'd no sooner lose the newfound ease of Super Saiyan by not maintaining it 24/7 than you would lose the ability to ride a bicycle by not riding it every day.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:19 am

Given that Trunks wasn't always in Super Saiyan at the Cell Games, yet shows SSFP features when he returns to his timeline, I think that once you've mastered the form you don't need to keep maintaining it. Maybe Goku and Gohan kept maintaining it after their RoSaT training because they spent less time in there than Vegeta and Trunks did.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:53 am

I think Goku and Gohan just staying in the form in the Cell games because they needed to get their bodies use to SSJ outside the ROSAT and just because there was no need to go back to normal.

Once a Saiyan becomes a MSSJ they can't go back to SSJ.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:40 am

I figure Goku and Gohan kept themselves in Super Saiyan even after leaving the room just to keep themselves as "fresh" and ready for the Cell Games as possible. Likely as part of the light amount of training they did outside the room during those 10 days.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!