The Forgotten Brother

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:45 pm

Raditz does look a little like Goku in the face though.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:54 pm

Super Sonic wrote:Raditz does look a little like Goku in the face though.
Maybe it's just a hair-thing.
MyVisionity wrote:
DesireCampbell wrote:This may be obvious, but the fact that Raditz doesn't look much like Bardock, while Goku looks exactly like him could be explained simply as a genetic quirk for either the Saiyan race or just Bardock's family. Just look at Gohan and Goten. The first son never looked that much like Goku while the second son was a spitting image (at least when he was young).
Yeah but you have to remember that Goku's kids were half-breeds, while Raditz was pure Saiyajin.
Might not matter, I'm just trying to find links.

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Victator Supreme » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:56 pm

In the manga

When Frieza realises that Gohan is a saiyan. He at first thinks he belongs to Raditz.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:19 pm

In the manga
When Freeza realises that Gohan is a saiyan. He at first thinks he belongs to Raditz.
Really? Gohan being Raditz's? Freeza needs his eyes checked...
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Victator Supreme » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:23 am

Raditz looks a great deal like Goku. Most people cant get past the hair.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:58 pm

At first, Freeza tries to guess whose kid Gohan is. He thinks about Raditz first, but says he doesn't look like him.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:39 pm

Some of you must forget that at times, children (here in the real world, on Earth), that are genetically the product of their two parents, look nothing like either of them.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Victator Supreme » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:06 am

alakazam^ wrote:At first, Freeza tries to guess whose kid Gohan is. He thinks about Raditz first, but says he doesn't look like him.
No he didn't. He thought of Vegeta and Nappa. But said he looked nothing like either of them.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:37 am

Oops, my mistake. Sorry :oops:

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:00 pm

This is slightly off-topic, but as Tulluce looked similar to Goku, there is a Saiyan in the background of the "restuarant" during the Bardock special with hair that looks like Raditz's, and as a lot of Saiyans presumably looked the same, it would make sense that Raditz was Bardock's son but just looked different.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

TheLiveActionAnimeBoy

Post by TheLiveActionAnimeBoy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:03 pm

Freeza does wonder if Gohan does look like Vejita or Nappa, but says he doesn't look like them. Then he says that he does bear some resemblence to Raditz also being unaware that his older brother, Coola, let Raditz's little brother off the hook 8)

Then again, maybe in Gokuu's family tree, the second son is always meant to resemble the father :P

Pilgrim Sun

Post by Pilgrim Sun » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:33 pm

About Goku and his family, I doubt Akira put that much depth in to character designing and genetic patters...

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:57 pm

Pilgrim Sun wrote:About Goku and his family, I doubt Akira put that much depth in to character designing and genetic patters...
Well, I don't know about Raditz, but Gohan is just Chi-Chi's face with Goku's eyes.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Panda
Beyond Newbie

Post by Panda » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:51 pm

Perhaps Raditz looked more like Bardock when he was a child and only a few Saiya-jins remain as similar once they're grown.

Young Vegeta, while he does resemble his father, had slightly different features while he was young. For one he had bangs and a chubbier face:

Yes, I know the chubbiness comes with childhood but that is the point I'm trying to make. My theory is that as the Saiyan child grows older in some cases they may look more or less like their parent(s)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:07 am

About young Vegeta's hair, if saiyajin hair doesn't grow any further than what it already has, what happened to his bangs?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:22 am

Vegeta said that Saiyan hair doesn't grow any further; he never mentioned anything about loss of hair. I mean, look at Nappa.

BULBO

Post by BULBO » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:45 am

I remember reading somewhere that Nappa is not naturally bold but he cut his own hair, something about not wanting his opponents to pull his hair in a fight.
[url=http://www.el-bulbo.com/animacion/BulboBaja.mov]no sig yet, so in the mean time, here´s this[/url]

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:49 am

It's kinda debatable. He was shown with hair in the Bardock special, though.

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:53 pm

Ok. I don't know how you guys are seeing a resemblence between Goku and Raditz. They don't look anything their father, and they don't look anything like each other. The only family members that I see looking like each other are Vegeta and Trunks. They have VERY strong resemblence in my opinion.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:57 pm

Goku is a carbon copy of Bardock. Same hair, same face (minus the scar), same eyes... Radditz looks a bit like Goku from later on. SSJ3 must have been ripped from his hair. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.