What if Tien died instead of Goku...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yin Yang

What if Tien died instead of Goku...

Post by Yin Yang » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:32 am

Tien, Goku, and Piccolo fought Raditz. Tien died and trained under King Kai, learning Kaioken and the Spirit Bomb.The saiyans arrived 2 years later than they normally did. Also King Kai taught him the things he would of learned from Kami.

Tien gets there before Vegeta kills Goku,Gohan and Krillin. Chaozu, Yamcha and Piccolo still die.

The power level Freeza had when at 1% of his maximum in his final form, is now 100% of his true power.
Last edited by Yin Yang on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Draken
Banned

Re: What if Tenshinhan died instead of Goku...

Post by Draken » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Yin Yang wrote:Tenshinhan, Goku, and Piccolo fought Raditz. Tenshinhan died and trained under King Kai, learning Kaioken and the Spirit Bomb.The saiyans arrived 2 years later than they normally did. Also King Kai taught him the things he would of learned from Kami.

The power level Freeza had when at 1% of his maximum in his final form, is now 100% of his true power.
The series would implode from lack of Goku wank.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Tenshinhan would still fail because he isn't the main character.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Freeza is a non-entity; Vegeta kills everyone if Goku does not have Kaio power-ups.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:20 pm

Assuming he gets similar gains to Goku, his power level would be about 5,000 and he'd be able to use Kaio-Ken x2 comfortably, Kaio-Ken x3 with difficulty for short periods, and Kaio-Ken x4 for a few seconds only.

His 5,000 power level will let him lay a major beatdown on Nappa- that is, if Nappa even survives Goku and Piccolo, who would both be over 3,000, and teaming up on Nappa. Vegeta would be a big problem' Tien would know immediately that kaio-ken x2 is pointless, and so go kaio-ken x3; when this still proves to be ineffective, he'll use his last resort desperation tactic: a single Kikoho... amplified by Kaio-Ken x3. That SHOULD kill Vegeta, or at least leave him in a very weak state where Goku and Piccolo can finish him off.'

Tien, if he survived, Piccolo, and Goku spar with each other in the subsequent years, getting much stronger. He also teaches them kaio-ken. However, they never go to Namek, since no one died. Eventually, Dr. Gero turns himself into Android 20 and kills everyone. Him, 19, 17, 18, and 16 (with the last three being released as a desperation tactic) are however easily murdered by Dabra when they try to resist Babidi's presence on Earth, who takes Buu's ball and leaves due to lack of good energy sources. For ending the androids' tyrannical reign, Dabra becomes the hero of Earth, a figure of legend.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:44 pm

Tienshinhan would lose against Vegeta. Why? Tienshinhan's body would not endure above Kaioken x2 as well as Goku's body would. Saiyan's are just a different kettle of fish in comparison to the other races. They are born with a much stronger body to cope with the extreme gravity their planet presents. As such we have seen Goku's durability come out on top on several occasions throughout the manga. Even as a child Goku's durability was praised as possibly the greatest durability anyone has seen. If Tienshinhan could withstand Kaioken x3 I would guarantee that the beam struggle with him needing to use Kaioken x4 would kill him and the world would be doomed.

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Tenshinhan.. What a remarkable specimen he is. I don't see how Ten couldn't win if he gets the same increase Goku did, that kikoho is his ace in the hole.

Did tenshinhan use a stronger version of the kikoho against 2nd Cell or was it the same one?

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Yin Yang wrote:Tenshinhan, Goku, and Piccolo fought Raditz. Tenshinhan died and trained under King Kai, learning Kaioken and the Spirit Bomb.The saiyans arrived 2 years later than they normally did. Also King Kai taught him the things he would of learned from Kami.

Tenshinhan gets there before Vegeta kills Goku,Gohan and Krillin. Chaozu, Yamcha and Piccolo still die.

Tien isn't important enough to for Kami to recommend to King Kai. Remember Kami took Goku to King Kai. I doubt anyone would care that Tien died. So basically Tien gets back to life from DBs. Everyone dies but GOku and Piccolo due to their training gains. Goku and Piccolo beats up Nappa. Vegeta destroys both of them simple.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Tenshinhan dies because he doesn't learn the Kaio-ken. If he didn't learn it when he was there for more than a year, and stronger than he is here, he just straight up fails here as well.

Although he also dies if he DOES learn the Kaio-ken, but it won't come to that.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:37 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Assuming he gets similar gains to Goku, his power level would be about 5,000 and he'd be able to use Kaio-Ken x2 comfortably, Kaio-Ken x3 with difficulty for short periods, and Kaio-Ken x4 for a few seconds only.

His 5,000 power level will let him lay a major beatdown on Nappa- that is, if Nappa even survives Goku and Piccolo, who would both be over 3,000, and teaming up on Nappa. Vegeta would be a big problem' Tenshinhan would know immediately that kaio-ken x2 is pointless, and so go kaio-ken x3; when this still proves to be ineffective, he'll use his last resort desperation tactic: a single Kikoho... amplified by Kaio-Ken x3. That SHOULD kill Vegeta, or at least leave him in a very weak state where Goku and Piccolo can finish him off.'

Tenshinhan, if he survived, Piccolo, and Goku spar with each other in the subsequent years, getting much stronger. He also teaches them kaio-ken. However, they never go to Namek, since no one died. Eventually, Dr. Gero turns himself into Android 20 and kills everyone. Him, 19, 17, 18, and 16 (with the last three being released as a desperation tactic) are however easily murdered by Dabra when they try to resist Babidi's presence on Earth, who takes Buu's ball and leaves due to lack of good energy sources. For ending the androids' tyrannical reign, Dabra becomes the hero of Earth, a figure of legend.
Nope because Future Gohan or Future Yamcha's son would go back in time to warn them of the Androids.

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:03 pm

Saiga wrote:Tenshinhan dies because he doesn't learn the Kaio-ken. If he didn't learn it when he was there for more than a year, and stronger than he is here, he just straight up fails here as well.

Although he also dies if he DOES learn the Kaio-ken, but it won't come to that.
Who said King Kai taught them Kaioken?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Draken wrote:
I don't see why they wouldn't, or why they'd know of it when Goku has never told them if Kaio hadn't. And since Kaio agreed to train them, I think it's implied he would have tried to teach Kaio-ken to them.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:09 pm

Saiga wrote:
Draken wrote:
I don't see why they wouldn't, or why they'd know of it when Goku has never told them if Kaio hadn't. And since Kaio agreed to train them, I think it's implied he would have tried to teach Kaio-ken to them.
Goku was a special case and needed emergency everything they had in order to save the Earth, the earthlings just went cause they wanted to get stronger in general.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:19 pm

Draken wrote:
Goku was a special case and needed emergency everything they had in order to save the Earth, the earthlings just went cause they wanted to get stronger in general.
Still don't see what that changes. Kaio's still training them.