Dragon Ball Online Chronicles

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Online Chronicles

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:42 am

I was kind of expecting Miss Boo to look a little more evil, but her eyes are actually rather 'normal'.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:47 pm

Second post has been updated with miscellaneous information section while we wait on the Original Stories translation.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:48 pm

Wait, Miss Boo is still alive?!

Also, cool update. Are you going to include in this post things like Cell-X or "Evil Karin" in the future? Wait, did you edit your post, or I just missed them? :P
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:23 pm

Oh wow, so we now know what Miss Boo looks like and she is apparently alive and some type of class trainer in Karin. I can't really remember but she might have been part of an early quest chain.
Also I guess Fu really could be of some importance since he does have some artwork that looks to be from Toriyama himself. The stuff about RPA is great too. I wonder what role Red was supposed to play in this story.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:41 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Wait, Miss Boo is still alive?!

Also, cool update. Are you going to include in this post things like Cell-X or "Evil Karin" in the future? Wait, did you edit your post, or I just missed them? :P
Apparently.

Not exactly sure what I will or won't add. All I can say is that I'm working on things as I find them or get them done. Slow but sure, especially since I have no linguistic skills in any of the languages this game has information provided in.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:32 am

Doesn't the Korean website have story information about UDs? Doesn't the Cell-X stuff come from there too? Because if so, you should hurry to at least save those info for later translation, since it's gonna close soon.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:28 pm

I already grabbed all those, but there only seems to be info on the UDs that were added later, not the ones in the game at launch.

BTW, found a new timeline entry on the Taiwanese website that wasn't on the Korean version. Did a careful Google translation of it and it's been approved by Herms for posting. I've uploaded the new Tenkaichi Budokai entry to the timeline thread. It's listed under AGE 991. I'm waiting on a final reply from Herms over on Twitter though, as I want to double check the new champion's name.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:46 pm

So, found another in-game image with Missus Buu. It came from a website article from before the game was even released as a beta, so I have no idea if she's still in the game with this name or if it was removed before players gained access, but it appears that her name is...Titima (티티마).

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:07 pm

What happened to Mr. Buu.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:24 pm

I wonder if that's supposed to actually be the original Miss Boo, or if they just reused the design for some random NPC?
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Missus Buu.]
For the record, in Chinese at least the character's name is specifically "Miss" (小姐), rather than "Mrs".
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:53 pm

I don't know. I don't seem to remember them reusing the designs of important characters, like Towa for example, without recoloring them. I guess this is also of note, the rest of the text by her name classifies her as an "original/early" Majin.

HG was the one who wrote it out as "Missus", but she may have just went with that after all the talk of her being Buu's wife. I'll ask her to recheck that.

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:27 am

Dragon Ball Online Original Stories

교육 정책
「개구쟁이 교육 정책」
개구쟁이 교육 정책은 국왕의 지원 아래, 나라에서 강한 아이들을 육성하는 정책이다.

나메칸 사인
나메칸 사인은 나메크 성인들이 옛날에 지구에 처음 왔을 때, 지구를 조사하려고 만든 물건이다. 꼭 나메크 성인이 아니더라도 그 물건을 사용할 수 있다. 이 물 건을 사용하면 나메칸 사인 주변의 모든 땅을 한눈에 알 수 있게 된다.

카린탑의 정체
카린탑은 엄밀히 말해 탑이 아닌 지금도 살아 있는 나무이다. 카린가 족이 10년에 한 번씩 자라난 카린탑에 조각을 새겨 넣어 그것이 쌓여 지금의 카린탑이 된 것이다.

카린가 족의 전해 내려오는 이야기
도끼 바위
도끼 바위는 카린가 족 사이에서 그들의 선조인 이코의 업적을 나타내는 자랑스러운 증거물이라고 일컫는다. 먼 옛날, 카린가 족이 카린 숲에 정착하기 전, 모스맨이라고 하는 맘모스 동물 인간이 이 땅에 살고 있었다. 그 맘모스 동물 인간을 카린가 족의 선조인 이코가 물리쳤다. 그 때 모스맨이 패배의 증거로 남긴 것이 바로 도끼 바위의 거대한 도끼이다.

영웅의 기억, 창나무
먼 옛날, 레드리본군이 카린 숲에 찾아와 카린가 족을 핍박하고 있을 때, 영웅 우파의 아버지 보라가 레드리본군을 향해 창을 던졌다. 그 창은 병사들을 한 번에 꿰뚫고 굵은 나무를 관통했다. 창나무는 그 전설을 기념하는 곳이다.

웨스트 랜드 전쟁
먼 옛날, 웨스트 랜드에 프리더군이라 불리는 외계인들이 침입했던 적이 있었다. 그 때의 일을 웨스트 랜드 전쟁이라고 한다.

http://cafe.daum.net/FoReVerDB/74sH/72

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:10 pm

Yep, HG will be working on translating those next. Not much that is super interesting in there from what she glanced over, but there are a couple of tidbits worth looking at.

Dabooyaka
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dabooyaka » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Still very vague about what happened after Goku and Vegeta's last battle. Did they die?? Are they in heaven?? Could they be brought back?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Dabooyaka wrote:Still very vague about what happened after Goku and Vegeta's last battle. Did they die?? Are they in heaven?? Could they be brought back?
They died, and most likely kept their bodies in the Heaven.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Dabooyaka wrote:Still very vague about what happened after Goku and Vegeta's last battle. Did they die?? Are they in heaven?? Could they be brought back?
I think it's pretty clear that they did die. And obviously they would be in heaven. It has been several decades, even if they didn't die battling, they died of old age. I don't think they could be brought back since Porunga does not seem to exist and the Dragon Balls have been severely nerfed.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:37 pm

DNA wrote:I think it's pretty clear that they did die. And obviously they would be in heaven. It has been several decades, even if they didn't die battling, they died of old age. I don't think they could be brought back since Porunga does not seem to exist and the Dragon Balls have been severely nerfed.
The Dragon Balls were just inactive at that point. We don't know if the Namekian Dragon Balls are still hidden on Earth after the destruction of New Namek, but they were still around at that point.

I guess that they didn't bring them back because this was how Goku & Vegeta wanted to die (for good this time).

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Not really. The whole point of that entry is for the Saiyans to go out in a blaze of glory on the battlefield instead of dying of old age. Even if they somehow survived the battle, they are implied to have died before Gohan starts writing his book, as Goku's death is what triggered the idea for him. Are they in heaven? Most likely, that's where they were the last time they died (well, Vegeta will be now that he's good). Why would anyone bother reviving them though? They left of their own accord because they didn't want to grow old. Bringing them back would just lead to them running off on another suicide pact.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:37 am

Been a while, but we have a new set of translations regarding some background info on the game's somewhat less important bits. There is one genuinely interesting tidbit here, a couple of things we already knew for the most part and two sections that I don't understand why they bothered to even write them up. Still, here is the content for guys and gals (you can also find it at the start of the second post on the first page):
Dragon Ball Online Original Stories
Troublemaker Education Policy
  • The Troublemaker Education Policy is a program for cultivating strong children that was formed via the wishes of the Earth's King.
Namekian Sign
  • The Namekian Sign is a tool created by the Namekians with the purpose of investigating Earth upon their arrival. Utilizing this object, it becomes possible to see all of the area around the sign at once. It is usable even by those who are not Namekians.
Karin Tower’s Identity
  • Strictly speaking, Karin Tower is not actually a tower, but a tree that still remains alive. Thanks to the Karinga clan inlaying stone plates onto the tree, which grows every 10 years, it has become the Karin Tower that we know today.
Stories Passed Down the Karinga Clan: Axe Rock
  • The Axe Rock is a symbol of pride among the Karinga clan; it represents the achievements of their forefather, Iko. Long ago, before the Karinga clan settled down in Karin Forest, a mammoth Animal-type Earthling called “Mothman” lived there. The one who defeated that mammoth Animal-type Earthling was the Karinga clan’s ancestor, Iko. At that point, all that was left as proof of Mothman’s defeat is the giant axe in the Axe Rock.
Stories Passed Down the Karinga Clan: Spear Tree, the Memory of a Hero
  • Long ago, when the Red Ribbon Army invaded Karin Forest and attacked the Karinga clan, the hero Upa’s father, Bora, threw a spear towards the army. That spear tore through the soldiers before finally piercing a very thick tree. The Spear Tree is where that legend is celebrated.
West Land War
  • A long time ago, there was an occurrence of Freeza’s remnant forces invading the West Land. That event is called the “West Land War”.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:52 am

Karin Tower’s Identity
  • Strictly speaking, Karin Tower is not actually a tower, but a tree that still remains alive. Thanks to the Karinga clan inlaying stone plates onto the tree, which grows every 10 years, it has become the Karin Tower that we know today.
Well, that kinda explains why Naraka's plans involved a giant tree.

And there were a few quests centered around "Spear Tree" and "Axe Rock." So there is a reason they bothered to write it up. I'm just not sure what the reason is.