Dragon Ball Online Chronicles

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Dragon Ball Online Chronicles

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:03 am

Makaioshin wrote:And there were a few quests centered around "Spear Tree" and "Axe Rock." So there is a reason they bothered to write it up. I'm just not sure what the reason is.
I was actually talking about the Troublemaker Education Policy and the West Land War sections with that comment. Both are redundantly redundant, as the first is already on the timeline and the second doesn't tell us anything new besides the fact that they properly named the invasion of the west, which is also on the timeline without the battle's title.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Karin Tower is actually a tree? That's crazy talk! :|
So does that mean it's still growing?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:12 pm

That bit about the tower is certainly...interesting. Imagine if it is still growing and in 2000 years or something it literally goes into space.

Hope Dende and Popo dont mind not having many visitors.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:02 pm

When they talk about Frieza's remnant forces does that mean Abo and Cado?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:10 pm

DNA wrote:Karin Tower is actually a tree? That's crazy talk! :|
So does that mean it's still growing?
KentalSSJ6 wrote:That bit about the tower is certainly...interesting. Imagine if it is still growing and in 2000 years or something it literally goes into space.
Hope Dende and Popo dont mind not having many visitors.
Presumably? I find this funny because it can make some of the characters feats seems less impressive. Like, Roshi climbing Karin's tower doesn't seem as grand if you realize he didn't have to climb as high as Goku did. Still, we don't know how much it grows or anything though, so it might have been growing full tower segments at a time in the past, but now maybe it only grows a couple centimeters? Eventually it would have to stop or it would hit Kami's Temple.

Polyphase Avatron wrote:When they talk about Freeza's remnant forces does that mean Abo and Cado?
No, the DBO creators only had the rights to the original manga volumes. They are talking about the Freeza minions from the game.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:57 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:When they talk about Freeza's remnant forces does that mean Abo and Cado?
Nope.
DBO Timeline wrote:AGE 820
Mister Satan dies. Earth's King honors him with a national funeral.
The cause is…?
[Ref: From the DBO timeline.]

To avenge their fallen leaders, the remnants of Freeza’s solders invade Earth raining destruction and wreaking havoc throughout the world.
After losing their leaders, Freeza’s army collapsed. However, the guard troops that served under Freeza and his father’s direct command remained persistent in their hopes to avenge them and waited for a chance to invade Earth.

Because they had not been present at the time of Freeza and his father’s death, the guard troops knew nothing of the existence of Son Goku, Trunks or the others. So, after they investigated the Earth, the soldiers assumed that the "Earth’s Strongest Man,” Mister Satan, had been the one who killed Freeza. Knowing they’d be unable to handle anyone strong enough to defeat Freeza, they decided to leave Earth alone so long as Mister Satan was around.

After learning of Satan’s death, they proceed with their invasion of Earth. The Earth’s Royal Army attempted to counterattack, but all fail.

The Earth is faced with a crisis due to chubby aliens.
Having researched Earth ahead of time, Freeza’s remnants invade the planet with a chubby species of alien impervious to both guns and standard martial arts techniques. Martial artists fighting against these aliens are beaten back; they are saved by Goten and Trunks, who put their “Kikokenjutsu” fighting style into practice. With their influence, the “Swordsman” class is born.

West City’s capsule-ization
West City, the home of King Cold and Freeza’s killer, Trunks, becomes a main target. Realizing the danger, Bulma works out a way to store the entire city inside a capsule for safekeeping.

At this time, Majins from all over the world who had lost their homes in the destruction were protected within the city. Some of them decided to stay, even after the battle, and started to develop their own unique, Majin culture in West City.

With the Earth in crisis, the heroes of the past gather at Kame-sennin’s place in order to eradicate the remnants of Freeza’s soldiers.
The ones who ultimately defeat the Freeza’s soldiers are Kuririn, Tenshinhan, and their comrades—the heroes of the past. In order to hide their identities, the warriors put on Saiyaman-like costumes, but their ki-based fighting style still becomes a hot topic and global interest in “ki” escalates.

Tenshinhan (87), Kuririn (84), Gohan: (63), Trunks (54), Goten (53), Pan (41), etc.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Sounds like those remnant forces were pretty dangerous.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Jocla

Post by Jocla » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:19 pm

hi, i'm new here :oops:

are there more guidebook's images?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Hate to ask, but is there anything else, or that's all?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:13 pm

For now, that's all. We don't have anymore guidebook pages, assuming there is anything new in there anyway (I'd imagine Herms would have found something in his by now if there was).

Anything else will be from in-game text at this point, and there is a LOT of that sift through, let alone translate. No idea when we'll get around to it.

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:19 am

I'm bought taiwan dbo guide book

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:44 am

DongHyun wrote:I'm bought taiwan dbo guide book
Good for you? Are you able to tell us anything new about Online from that book?

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:13 pm

DNA wrote:
Good for you? Are you able to tell us anything new about Online from that book?
Ok.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:59 pm

Okay, I've actually got a few questions.
So at the beginning of story of Online, there are many sides at play. All of them seem to have leaders except for one.
Paella gang obviously has Paella, Red Pants Army appears to have #9 at the helm, the Artificial Humans have got #20, the Cell clones have Cell-X, evil Namekians have Naraka, the pirates have Captain Bacterian. What about the Freeza Army? Is anyone commanding it?

Are the Time Breakers Towa and Miira or is that the collective name for all the groups under their wing? What exactly is the Dark Eye?
Where does Tao Pai-Pai X allegiance fall? I'm assuming the Karinga Clan has a chief, do we know who he is?

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:04 am

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:20 am

What do you know. a picture of someone we haven't seen yet.

I wonder if this is the same guidebook that Herms got and if there is anything in Dende's little profile? Probably not, but it wouldn't hurt to ask I suppose.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:43 am

Yeah, that's the same book I got.

Have we really not seen DBO-era Dende before? I would have taken a picture earlier if I had known.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:53 am

No, no we had not. He wasn't anywhere on the maps we had available and we never got to go up to the temple or anything either.

I didn't figure he'd look much different than he does here, if at all, but it's still nice to see him.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:01 am

DNA wrote: Red Pants Army appears to have #9 at the helm
The timeline says that General Bon is the one who formed the army. The player fights #9 in the ruins of the RRA base(which is also where his activation pod is located). It seems like Red was only recently activated when the player encounters him.
the Artificial Humans have got #20
Gero's clone seems more like a supplier than a leader. Most of the Artificial Humans we see work for Towa. His lair is also guarded by RPA guys so that is probably where his allegiance lies.
evil Namekians have Naraka
After Naraka is defeated by the player, a scene plays out where Naraka bows before a blue Namekian Time Breaker with an eyepatch. This guy kills Naraka and then fights the player. So I guess that blue Namekian was the real leader? But his leader was Towa? It seems that all the groups end up merging with the Time Breakers in the end.
What about the Freeza Army? Is anyone commanding it?
Just a guess but it might be this guy.
The player fights him in the fifth dungeon. The only reason I think he might be the leader is because he has unique character model and is the boss of the only "remnant forces"-centric dungeon. Of course, Bon didn't have a unique model.
Where does Tao Pai-Pai X allegiance fall?
He has Red Pants Army goons and RPA banners in his lair.

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:28 am