Dragon Ball Online Chronicles

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Online Chronicles

Post by DongHyun » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:14 pm

미라
우주 영원한 최강자 바이오 메탈
수많은 스타시커의 샘플에서 채취된 DNA을 농축하여 인류가 만들어낸 미스터리 인공 생명체이다. 최강의 존재가 되기 위해 창조된 인공 생명체이기에 처음부터 타인과 사이 좋게 지낼 생각이 없었다. 하지만 전투를 겪고 토와와 푸와 지내면서 이러한 생각이 점점 변했다. ‘손오공’이라는 이름을 거부하는 반응을 보이고 냉혈적이면서 감정을 잘 드러내지 않는 미라는 말을 하는 역할을 주로 토와에게 맡겼다.

미라군에 관하여
시간의 경찰로부터 타임 브레이커로 불리는 미라군은 타임 머신을 타고 각 시대를 넘나들며 역사를 임의대로 바꾸고 마을 곳곳을 파괴한다. 나메크 성과 ‘개구쟁이 교육’을 받은 아이들의 고향까지 참혹하게 짓밟았다. 미스테리 같은 파괴 행동은 모두 생명 에너지를 수집하는 키리에게 향했다. 이를 위해 심지어 레드팬츠군 등 악당 집단들과 결탁했다. 왠지 모르게 과거의 영웅 ‘손오공’에 집착하는 경향이 있어 번번이 손오공과 관련된 역사를 파괴하러 나선다.

토와
암흑마계에서 파견된 우월한 여 과학자
구세주를 탄생시켰지만 암흑 마계에게 위협적인 존재인 사이어인 혈통을 완전히 없애기 위해 강력한 힘을 가지고 있는 진정한 구세주 ‘미라’와 협력한다. 원래 암흑 마계에서 마귀의 과학을 연구하는 전문 과학자인 토와는 레미를 만난 후 암흑 마계를 배신하고 레미와 함께 투쟁한다.

미라와 토와의 아이
몸에 많은 미스테리를 가지고 있고 아버지 미라의 강력한 힘을 계승한 푸는 성장하면서 깨달을 거라고 다들 믿고 있다. 스스로 표현하거나 행동을 할 수 없는 푸는 미라를 만난 후 많은 영향을 받은 것 같다. 푸는 미래의 세계에 중대한 영향을 줄 수 있는 중요한 인물이 될 것이다.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:31 pm

I see tidbits about Mira, Fu and the Time Breakers...

I think we already have most of this (or parts of it) in the first page's info section from when Herms got the guide and posted tidbits on his Twitter. There isn't a whole lot of text to it though, so I'll see how quickly I can get a translation from her anyway (though that might be redundant if we're going from the Taiwanese guidebook to Korean, then Korean to English..).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:55 pm

Some minor tidbits to add to this topic today, that come from the Karin's Notes for the Naraku UD. It's not a literal translation of everything on the pages though, because there was a lot of game specific info that doesn't really matter if you aren't playing. Anyway, here we go:

Summary of the story thus far
The hero player has confronted the Red Pants Army, who have been causing problems in the Sacred Land of Karin. Afterward, Mira and his forces reveal themselves to the player in the past. Defeated, the player picks himself back up and continues on their journey. Seeking to finish off the Red Pants Army, the player searches for their headquarters in the Westlands. After they are dispatched, the player encounters Paella's gang in North Mushroom Rocks. Moving on, the player travels to South Mushroom Rocks in search of the Dudekamin Mira and his forces are interested in. The player instead finds themself face to face with the Dark Namekian Naraku and his forces, who set up their base at the location where Piccolo Daimao was sealed: Isuri's Lake. During the fight, they player learns the meaning behind Naraku's existence; he's the evil the Namekians couldn't rid themselves of. Piccolo is also in the area, investigating the patterns of Naraku's general, Gamelan. Despite entering Naraku's hideout, Gamelan is nowhere to be found. It is discovered he is on his way to Chocolay tower. Gamelan is headed to Chocolay Tower in a attempt to become Naraku's god.

Chocolay
The evil Neko'sennin that specializes in the cultivation of evil lifeforms. He's Karin's polar opposite.

Chocolay Tower
An evil version of Karin's Tower that is being constructed in South Porunga Rocks via the joint efforts of Mira's Forces, Naraku's Dark Namekians and Freeza's Army remnants.
  • --The base of the tower is where ajisa trees are cultivated. They are grown with Namekrystal (purified water) and are used as an ingredient in constructing the tower. General Sus of Mira's Forces is in charge of poisoning the ajisa to transform them into vessels for absorbing kiri. Members of Freeza's Army remnants attempt to help the trees grow faster with the help of "dudekamin", but are run off by one of their own, named Fry.

--The upper portions of the tower are dedicated to cultivating Dark Sage Beans (Ankoku Senzu) and collecting Earth's kiri.
    • --The first of the upper levels is dedicated to the cultivation and extraction of kiri from Dark Senzu. This process is overseen by Chocolay himself.

--The second of the upper levels is for the refinement of the extracted kiri. This process is overseen by Mr. Poko Poko, a Black Mashenlong (Demon Dragon God) named by Gamelan.

--The third of the upper levels is for the storage of the refined kiri (presumably in the poisoned ajisa). The only ones allowed on this floor are Naraku, his elders and Gamelan.
Time Machine Quest 7
Among the first of Freeza's Army remnant to arrive on Earth are the Rejin-seijins(?), Kettle-seijins, and Toaster-seijins. Thanks to the Pot-seijins, who seem to be gifted in brains rather than brawns, they must have been able to do their research. in East Yahhoi, the soldiers spend their time looking for Lord Freeza's remains in hope that they will be able to revive/restore/resurrect/clone him. However, some of the remnants that joined Mira's forces came along and decided to travel back and collect some of his remains from the past (the tail Kuririn cut off on Namek).

Translation notes
--Dudekamin seems to be a pun on the Dodekamin "health" drink.
--No idea what they Rejin species is supposed to be. All the others are English words for appliances/utensils/accessories/whatever. Maybe they meant a "gas range"?
--TMQ7 is basically the premise of Resurrection "F", years before it came out.
--Three of the Freeza Army members are Tick, Tack & Tock.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Absolute Ice
Beyond Newbie

Post by Absolute Ice » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Oh, Toriyama, you crazy little lazy. :P (please do not be offended that easily and with so little, this is just a joking with the words).

Wow, so there is a dark side to everything? :think: Well, I did not like some of these ideas, but I liked the concept of all the other things. Man, this game should never be shutted down.
ジャネンバ ミラ

For a reality whose Janemba and Mira join the canon world and receive a proper personality.
The Greatest Villains Ever!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:50 pm

Naraku? What is this, Inuyasha?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Naraku? What is this, Inuyasha?
Yes, because I'm certain Inuyasha was the first series to name a character after Hell, or any variation thereof.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:29 pm

It's just that that name is now so tainted by being associated with such a lame villain, IMO.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:46 pm

Translation of the material provided by DongHyun at the top of the page. I'm not sure where it came from or how much stock to put into it (or at least parts), because a lot of it just doesn't make much sense with the lack of context or further clarification.
  • Mira
    The Universe's Forever Strongest Bio-Metal
    A mysterious artificial lifeform created by humans with the use of the DNA samples that were harvested from numerous "star seekers". Aspiring to become the ultimate, strongest being, he had no desire for relationships with others at first. However, after experiencing battles and spending time with Towa and Fu, he started to change his mind. He seems to show a disdain for the name Son Goku. He is cold and rarely shows emotion, usually leaving Towa to speak in his stead.

About Mira's Army
    Mira's Army, called Time Breakers by the Time Patrol, use time machines to infiltrate various time periods to change history, as well as destroy villages. They've ruthlessly destroyed (New) Namek and the homes of children who received the "Troublemaker's Education" for the purpose of harvesting life energy (kiri). In order to do so, they've allied themselves with the Red Pants Army and other evil forces. They seem to have the preference for approaching the past hero Son Goku and trying to destroy historical events surrounding him.

Towa
    A brilliant female scientist who has been banished from Ankokumakai. Though she has created a saviour, she must eradicate the Saiyan bloodline because it a threat to Ankokumakai. So she allied herself with the true saviour Mira. Originally specializing in demon science, Towa betrayed Ankokumakai after meeting and joining up with Mira.

Fu
    Mira and Towa's child
    He hides a lot of mysteries in his body, and has inherited tremendous strength from his father, Mira. Everyone believes that Fu will understand as he grows. Fu cannot act or communicate on his own, but seems to have been greatly affected by Mira after meeting him. Fu is going to become a figure of great importance in the future world.

Translation Notes
    •"Star Seekers" is effectively written as an English word, so we're not entirely sure what to do with it. Could mean aliens with literal stars, or martial arts masters with stars as in fame...? The latter is used in other background history, but we can't really say for certain, because this whole batch of info is a mess.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:22 pm

Well, the DBs have stars on them and you have to seek them out. Plus, the most successful "star seekers" in the series' History have been the most powerful beings around; perfect for harvesting DNA from. Making that leap in logic, Mira sounds like Cell + demon magic - careless scientist who lets a supercomputer finish the job.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:27 pm

Wasn't he created by Towa? What's going on here..?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:35 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Wasn't he created by Towa? What's going on here..?
He's had like 3 different backstories now. In one, he's just an Earthling from the future. In another, he's an artificial human created by Towa in Makai...in the future. Now, he's an artificial human created by Earthlings...maybe in the future?
B wrote:Well, the DBs have stars on them and you have to seek them out. Plus, the most successful "star seekers" in the series' History have been the most powerful beings around; perfect for harvesting DNA from. Making that leap in logic, Mira sounds like Cell + demon magic - careless scientist who lets a supercomputer finish the job.
Maybe it could work as an explanation for this specific version of his creation, but seeing how the overall story doesn't fit with the "real" version (as used in some old DBO lore as well as in the game, and Xenoverse & Heroes), I'm not sure figuring it out really matters. As per his standard creation lore, being an artificial human Towa made, he is definitely a demon version of Cell though. Complete with a Super Saiyan transformation.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:22 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:Wasn't he created by Towa? What's going on here..?
He's had like 3 different backstories now. In one, he's just an Earthling from the future. In another, he's an artificial human created by Towa in Makai...in the future. Now, he's an artificial human created by Earthlings...maybe in the future?
I know one comes from the Chinese version and another from the Korean, but which one? This new version is written in Korean, but where did it even come from?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:49 pm

I was wondering, all these stories were written by Toriyama, right?

If Super pasts EoZ, would he implement those concepts in the anime?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:16 am

The only sources we have are for him having to sign off on everything and that he spent 5 years contributing designs. There's absolutely nothing providing information one way or the other on what Toriyama's involvement was in regards to contributing ideas/writing for the game.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:18 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:16 am The only sources we have are for him having to sign off on everything and that he spent 5 years contributing designs. There's absolutely nothing providing information one way or the other on what Toriyama's involvement was in regards to contributing ideas/writing for the game.
It's interesting to note that Toyotaro (in the SUPER Manga) uses the DBO designs of Yardrats and make them as a new generation but that could just be tribute

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:26 pm

You shouldn't bump a four-year-old thread just to say something that is old by now.

Anyway, I'd argue the tribute Toyotaro did was for Toei's design. Especially when you realize they didn't appear as much as the Dragon Ball Online's Yadorats. Using the game's design is just the correct way of doing things.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:29 pm

There's no need for you to mini-mod. I just updated the thread and promoted it on Twitter. So their participation here is perfectly acceptable.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:50 am

Well, we finally have a few new tidbits about this game, courtesy of Miki Dai himself:
Miki Dai wrote:
The version of Mira before the modifications was my original design, but I am ashamed to show it to you now because I am not very good at it. Let's just say that the teacher revised it, removed the mechanical elements, and made it simpler and cooler.
Miki Dai wrote:
Twa was designed by me and praised by the teacher. Mira was designed by me and greatly reworked by the teacher to look as cool as it does today. Fu was added by the teacher before I knew it.
Miki Dai wrote:
I own it. But little has changed. You can see that the teacher reworked the shape of Twa's head that I designed.
Miki Dai wrote:
I believe that the scenario side had presented the setting of Bardock being brainwashed by Mira's power before I designed it. I believe I was the one who suggested the brainwashing mask, etc.

New Akira Toriyama's artworks (as well as some of Miki Dai's artworks that were revised by Toriyama):

As Miki Dai confirmed above, Fu was created by Toriyama. Seeing as this is the only design we have of this character, it's possible this artwork is by Toriyama himself:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~