New Fake Guidebook Scan

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakashi
Banned

New Fake Guidebook Scan

Post by Kakashi » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Moderator's Note: The image featured below is one of those ridiculously fake "guidebook" scans cobbled together by people with average photoshop skills and a sub-par grasp of Japanese.

I was browsing through different Dragon Ball forums, and there apparently seems to be a new leak of a guidebook coming out soon! This came from a blog of one of the writers, I don't know the specifics of who the writer of the guidebook is, but this is indeed confirmed Toei work! There was translations confirmed as well:
Very top: Total Renewed Daizenshuu Volume 1!
STARTLING NEW REVELATION?!

On top of and next to Bills: Welcome to Bills! The God of Destruction as he appeared in the new Dragon Ball movie Battle of Gods! (Kami to Kami)
Bills (right) has been stated to destroy Solar Systems at will! But there seems to be a startling new revelation! An old villain who appeared in the 8th Dragon Ball Z Movie "Dragon Ball Z: Burn Up!! A Close, Intense, Super-Fierce Battle" was stated to have destroyed galaxies over his lifetime! Potentially even in an instant! Is Bills the 2nd strongest Dragon Ball movie villain?!

On the box: Fun Fact: Super Perfect Cell, has been often compared to Broly, and people see Broly as Cell's movie counterpart. This is not the case! Broly has been shown to defeat Super Saiyan 2 Gohan, thus making him stronger than even Cell!

Text above Broly work: Broly as he appeared in Burn Up!! He was shown to destroy planets at will without looking! In M10, he was even shown a display of power potentially even above Super Saiyan 2 Goku!!

Next to Broly: Can Broly appear in a 4th movie of his own?

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: New Leaked Guidebook Scan

Post by Super Vegetto » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:23 pm

As far as i can see, it's fake.

Btw this is Broly's concept from movie 8 and i don't see problem with someone putting it combined and writing random stuff of his power.

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:26 pm

Super Vegetto wrote:As far as i can see, it's fake.

Btw this is Broly's concept from movie 8 and i don't see problem with someone putting it combined and writing random stuff of his power.
It was TOEI work

That's what Syn/Sircum said on Pojo

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:27 pm

Wow, even after all this time, Broly support is still around.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Oh lawd! Here I was super hyped about this new thing and it turns out to be a huge trolling. lol

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:52 pm

They're trying so hard, it's adorable.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Yeah, I had a bit of hope at first, but then I saw Broly and I knew it was fake.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Zephyr wrote:They're trying so hard, it's adorable.
I don't know, they couldn't even get the Japanese name for Battle of Gods remotely close to right. I mean, "バトル(神にカミ)"...what the hell? How hard would it possibly have been to look the proper name up? I seriously question their commitment to fake guidebook scan making.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm speaking of the Broly fanbase in general. They've taken two very vague statements relating to some characters' feats, and actually threw together a fake scan.

It's not like we're seeing fake scans saying "Akira Toriyama recently confirmed what form Gohan used versus Dabura" or "Akira finally told us what Kid Buu is the strongest".

Kakashi
Banned

Re: New Fake Guidebook Scan

Post by Kakashi » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:21 pm

There is also this

Can someone translate me this scan?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:56 pm

Nazi Cola wrote:Yeah, I had a bit of hope at first, but then I saw Broly and I knew it was fake.
I saw Broly and HOPED it was fake.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:07 pm

Kakashi wrote:Can someone translate me this scan?
It's another fake, with Japanese so bad it's only semi-comprehensible. I think it's saying Broli surpasses Super Saiyan Grade Three Trunks, but they didn't use the right word for "surpassed", or use the proper sentence structure, so it's a little hard to tell. They also used the wrong word for "Grade Three". Etc, etc. You get the picture.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:46 am

This was likely made so Broli fans can fan wank characters even more.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Wow. Broly fans are going to far. I guess now I can make a Goten guidebook explaining how Gotenks is weaker than Goten

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:29 pm

Adult Gohan is weaker then Cell saga Gohan. So him beating Gohan is nothing worth bragging about.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:25 pm

True dat. Gohan wasn't as strong and he lacked anger. Much weaker than his Cell games self, that's even stated by Vegeta.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:43 am

My favorite part is the black header box with text that has three lines that clearly should have just been two and there's one random た hanging out in the center by itself on a third line that actually bleeds through the black box.

So we have someone with no concept of Japanese and no concept of graphic design. We're done here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::