Androids 19 & 20 stronger than Freeza?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakashi
Banned

Androids 19 & 20 stronger than Freeza?

Post by Kakashi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:14 am

Thoughts?

hleV
Banned

Re: Androids 19 And 20 > Freeza?

Post by hleV » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:05 am

#19 after absorbing SS Goku's Kamehameha? Possibly, but unlikely. Initial #19 & #20? No.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:16 am

There's no way to definitively tell, since the only character to fight both was Goku, and Goku's strength when he fought #19 was considerably impeded by his heart virus, which was affecting him before he even began to fight. We do know that #19 and #20 aren't anywhere near as powerful as Trunks had suggested that #17 and #18 from his time would be (Piccolo says as much about the subject), but that's about it in comparing strengths.

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:07 am

Gero wasn't expecting anyone to be that strong and 50x boost is big diffrence, so they could be much weaker than Frieza.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:53 am

I always thought they were a little bit weaker than 100% Freeza, at least before absorbing anyone's energy. Sort of an "80%-90% Freeza" sort of level. They could also be equal or even stronger, though; it's not like the Super Saiyans would have a hard time with someone on or even slightly above Freeza's level, after all (since even Trunks, the weakest of the three, was already strong enough to easily kill Freeza three years before.)

They have to be strong enough that the humans and base Saiyans can't fight them directly (Krillin and Tenshinhan could probably finish them off with a lucky Kienzan or Shin Kikoho if they're caught off guard and unable to absorb them, but Yamcha and base Saiyans are always going to be helpless against #19 or #20), but also weak enough that they'd have no chance against the Super Saiyans (or Piccolo) without absorbing energy and are still pretty screwed even with absorption unless their opponent gets sick in the middle of the fight. So I guess it mostly depends on how strong you have Piccolo after the three years--if Piccolo's still below Freeza's 100%, then the Androids need to be even further below that level. If Piccolo's surpassed Freeza in power, the Androids could be closer to Freeza's 100%. If Piccolo's surpassed Trunks-from-3-years-ago, then #19 and #20 could easily be stronger than Freeza.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:08 am

I think Android 19 would have been a difficult proposition for Freeza - perhaps not in terms of raw battle power but instead due to the innate advantages that the androids held with their energy absorbing techniques.

Keep in mind that to defeat #19 Vegeta had to more or less let himself get sucked dry of energy - there was simply no other strategic way to get close enough to deliver the fatal blow, as ranged (energy) attacks would have been absorbed. If Android #20 had attacked Vegeta instead of buying his bluff then Vegeta would probably have been killed - and I see no reason why Freeza would fare any better, given that Vegeta at that point in the story was more powerful than he.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:16 am

Hard to tell cuz Goku was fighting them sick...

Looking at it based on what we know we have this:
(1) It took SS Goku just over 5 minutes to beat Freeza once he became a Super Saiyan
(2) It felt like it took SS Trunks even less time (but maybe that was 5 min too).
(3) Vegeta beats 19 fairly easily but again no time frame

Problem is all of those are independent events.

Seeing as Goku trained for 3 years after Freeza (4 if we include Yardrat training) one can assume he is indeed stronger than he was against Freeza. Thus, ostensibly, for 19 to contend he must at least be on par with Freeza. Problem with that theory is when Goku fought 19 his body was under attack...so Goku's power may have been even less than when he initially fought Freeza as a Super Saiyan rather than that power plus 4 years of training :think:

So really it's just my long way of saying there is no definitive way to tell.

But based on Toriyama upping the ante with each new villain the Genzonegans (Androids) 19 and 20 were likely were supposed to be stronger than Freeza, thus higlighting the fact that Goku and co. are just that much more amped after their intense training...but 17 and 18 show up so who knows! :wtf:
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:38 am

Blade wrote: Keep in mind that to defeat #19 Vegeta had to more or less let himself get sucked dry of energy - there was simply no other strategic way to get close enough to deliver the fatal blow, as ranged (energy) attacks would have been absorbed. If Android #20 had attacked Vegeta instead of buying his bluff then Vegeta would probably have been killed - and I see no reason why Freeza would fare any better, given that Vegeta at that point in the story was more powerful than he.
#19 was lucky to grab Vegeta, but even that ended up with his hands cut off. If not for that, I think Vegeta could've severely damaged #19 with just physical attacks. After all, Vegeta pointed out that he only has to be careful of their arms, not that he has to remove them in order to win. And when Vegeta let #19 punch him, Vegeta said that he had figured the androids were about this strong, suggesting that Vegeta wasn't wrong about anything.

Blade
I Live Here

Post by Blade » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:47 am

hleV wrote:
Blade wrote: Keep in mind that to defeat #19 Vegeta had to more or less let himself get sucked dry of energy - there was simply no other strategic way to get close enough to deliver the fatal blow, as ranged (energy) attacks would have been absorbed. If Android #20 had attacked Vegeta instead of buying his bluff then Vegeta would probably have been killed - and I see no reason why Freeza would fare any better, given that Vegeta at that point in the story was more powerful than he.
#19 was lucky to grab Vegeta, but even that ended up with his hands cut off. If not for that, I think Vegeta could've severely damaged #19 with just physical attacks. After all, Vegeta pointed out that he only has to be careful of their arms, not that he has to remove them in order to win. And when Vegeta let #19 punch him, Vegeta said that he had figured the androids were about this strong, suggesting that Vegeta wasn't wrong about anything.
He deliberately let #19 get hold of him so that he would be able to get close enough to neutralise him.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:48 am

Oh, is that in the dialoge? I don't have an English version :/
I find it a bit weird. If energy-drained SS Vegeta's Big Bang Attack was able to destroy #19 (who had absorbed SS Goku's Kamehameha and now some of SS Vegeta's ki), why would he have a problem with physical attacks (prior to having his energy drained)?

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:10 pm

hleV wrote:Oh, is that in the dialoge? I don't have an English version :/
I find it a bit weird. If energy-drained SS Vegeta's Big Bang Attack was able to destroy #19 (who had absorbed SS Goku's Kamehameha and now some of SS Vegeta's ki), why would he have a problem with physical attacks (prior to having his energy drained)?
Why would who have a problem with physical attacks?
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:46 pm

↑ Why would Vegeta have a problem with only using physical attacks to defeat #19.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:56 pm

hleV wrote:↑ Why would Vegeta have a problem with only using physical attacks to defeat #19.
Well, Vegeta likes to leave an impression. Beating a guy into a pulp isn't as flashy as nuking him :P
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:41 pm

↑ That's... not what we're discussing.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:57 pm

After 19 absorbed the Kamehameha? Most definitely. He managed to make SS Vegeta bleed; SS Vegeta couldn't tank his hits, like Cell could tank 16's for example.

Initially? No, not either of them. I think they were initially around King Cold's level.

Android 20, ever? Most likely not. Maybe, but if so, only post energy drain, and not by much. Piccolo was implied to be as strong as, weaker than, or only slightly stronger than Mecha Freeza (by Kami), and he crushed 20 at the height of his strength.

(Note that I do in fact think Piccolo is stronger than Mecha Arc Trunks, who is barely stronger than full power Mecha Freeza, I'm just listing what was stated; I put Piccolo moderately a bit above Trunks, rather than below or massively above, as a kind of compromise between the contradictory implications)

My levels:

20- 100,000,000
--+Vegeta's ki- 110,000,000
--+Piccolo's ki- 127,000,000

19- 90,000,000
--+Goku's ki- 160,000,000

SS Vegeta- 220,000,000

Piccolo- 170,000,000

SS Trunks (Mecha Arc)- 150,000,000

Mecha Freeza- 140,000,000 (unseen)
--vs Trunks (~70%)- 100,000,000
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:00 pm

Like others have said I was never impressed with #19 and #20 and always believed 100% Freeza was stronger than both. Only after #19 absorbed the kamehameha was Freeza surpassed imo. Maybe #20 did as well after absorbing Vegatas blast and some from Piccolo. Who knows, but that would mean Piccolo surpassed Freeza as well.

freezamite
Banned

Post by freezamite » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Not even close.
Android 19 was in fact much, much weaker than a basic SSJ.

From what we know:
Freezer >>> Freezer AGD>= Namek SSJ Goku

Now, the question is if 19/20 are that much stronger than SSJ Goku was. We know from what Piccolo says that Goku is much weaker than he ever was as a SSJ, so there's no doubt that Freezer is above 19 and 20 even if we take it's Freezer AGD state into account.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:44 am

Before absorptions, who knows.

After, I find it highly inarguable for either of the androids to be weaker than Freeza. No.19 post-Goku was said by Vegeta to be not be "as bad" as the rumors insinuated, and No.20 after his absorptions was the one who prompted Piccolo to actually wonder if he was as strong as the ones Trunks had warned the gang about. Given Vegeta's statement is basically implying No.19 is a beast but simply not as much as Trunks hyped, and that Freeza being anywhere near the strength of the androids Trunks warned about (Piccolo's comment) is preposterous and downright incorrect, I don't find it believable that Freeza would pose any threat to them. Again, that's after they'd absorbed their respective amounts of energy from Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, and Yamcha.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:26 am

I find it unlikely that they are stronger. Gero only measured Goku's strength when he fought Vegeta, and I'd imagine Freeza's strength to be much, much, much, much more than what was displayed in that battle. Far more than Gero would have accounted for.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Blade
I Live Here

Post by Blade » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:16 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:No, not either of them. I think they were initially around King Cold's level.
I'm rather certain that King Cold is more powerful than Freeza. I'm pretty sure that it's in the manga that Gohan notes that when their spaceship approaches Earth the second power, King Cold, 'is even stronger than Freeza'.