Super Saiyan God Goku's strength compared to Beerus?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Super Saiyan God Goku's strength compared to Beerus?

Post by Bullza » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:45 am

I don't really know how to word this but I'll give it a go.

It was releaved at the end of the fight that Bills fought Goku using 70% of his strenght. During the scene in the cave Goku said he'd been fighting at 80% strenght and is it safe to assume that prior to the cave scene Bills was fighting at less than 70% strenght?

After Goku said about his 80% strenght thing and the fight got serious did Goku then fight at 100% or was he still at 80%? In other worlds does it go like this

1. Bills 100% > Bills 70% > Goku 100% > Goku 80%

or this

2. Bills 100% > Goku> 100% > Bills 70% > Goku 80%

Goku's 100% strenght is what percentage of Bills 100% do you think?

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Re: Super Saiyan God Goku's strenght compared to Bills?

Post by MDSTSSJ » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:01 am

Bullza wrote:
1. Bills 100% > Bills 70% > Goku 100% > Goku 80%
This!!

And Toriyama's example to define the differences between them:

Whis 15

Bills 10

SSJG Kakarotto 6

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Super Saiyan God Goku's strenght compared to Bills?

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:33 am

Dont we have like 6 threads on this already?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Bullza
Banned

Re: Super Saiyan God Goku's strength compared to Beerus?

Post by Bullza » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Did someone actually change my thread title from Bills to Beerus :lol:

Thanks to the other gy who posted, I'd forgot about that being said so that really answered by question.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Yes, I did. His name is not "Bills", unless you're also calling Trunks "Tolanks".
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: Preferably somewhere in Kansai,Chuubu or Kanto. Someday!

Post by Haji » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:07 am

I think i said this before but isn't Whis and Beers names based on alcoholic drinks? When i see his name wrote as "bills" i always just hear beer/beers pronounced incorrectly.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:48 am

That's right Whiskey and Beer.

Bills is what he is most commnly referred to at the moment, I'm not sure what spelling Funimation is going to go by. It's not Krillin or Yamcha either but that's what everyone refers to them as in the west.

Follow up question. If Whis is a 15, Bills is a 10, SSJ God Goku is a 6 then what would you say Vegito, Gohan Buu and SSJ3 Goku are?

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:01 pm

Whiskey > Beer ?

So new villians/characters would be Tequila, Vodka > Whiskey (Whis) > Beer (Bills) ?

xD

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Bullza wrote:That's right Whiskey and Beer.

Bills is what he is most commnly referred to at the moment, I'm not sure what spelling Funimation is going to go by. It's not Krillin or Yamcha either but that's what everyone refers to them as in the west.

Follow up question. If Whis is a 15, Bills is a 10, SSJ God Goku is a 6 then what would you say Vegito, Gohan Buu and SSJ3 Goku are?
Vegito SSJ3: 8
Vegito SSJ2: 2
Vegito SSJ1: 1
Vegito base: 0.02
Chou Gohan: 0.4
Buuhan: 0.6
SSJ3 Goku: 0.2

Guesses
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Haji » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:16 am

Bullza wrote:That's right Whiskey and Beer.

Vegetto(ssj) 10, for Gohan Buu well Vegetto made him look somewhere around 3-5 and SSJ3 Gokuu 2.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:41 pm

Bullza wrote:Bills is what he is most commnly referred to at the moment, I'm not sure what spelling Funimation is going to go by. It's not Krillin or Yamcha either but that's what everyone refers to them as in the west.
"Yamcha" and "Krillin" are at least FUNimation English dub names. There is, until Battle of Z comes out, no "FUNimation-approved" name for him.

"Bills" is nothing. It's just nothing. There's nothing to it. It's a non-entity. It's fansubbers who have no idea what they're doing writing out a name as best/poorly they can with no information to go off of (a la the old "Kuura" and "Taurus" names on my VHS fansubs of DBZ Movies 6 and 3, respectively). It's one piece of ancillary third-party merchandise that came out before the movie ever did.

That's nothing. You shouldn't use it. No-one should use it. It's nothing. It's n.o.t.h.i.n.g.

We know what the original pun is, and we know what the secondary pun is. We have seen official spellings for it since. We have the production company on the record about what it's supposed to be.

I don't care if people use "Beerus" or not, but for the love of all things holy, no-one should be writing out his name as "Bills". That's not his name.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:49 pm

"Percentages" is the new "Power Levels". :x

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:09 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Bullza wrote:Bills is what he is most commnly referred to at the moment, I'm not sure what spelling Funimation is going to go by. It's not Krillin or Yamcha either but that's what everyone refers to them as in the west.
"Yamcha" and "Krillin" are at least FUNimation English dub names. There is, until Battle of Z comes out, no "FUNimation-approved" name for him.

"Bills" is nothing. It's just nothing. There's nothing to it. It's a non-entity. It's fansubbers who have no idea what they're doing writing out a name as best/poorly they can with no information to go off of (a la the old "Kuura" and "Taurus" names on my VHS fansubs of DBZ Movies 6 and 3, respectively). It's one piece of ancillary third-party merchandise that came out before the movie ever did.

That's nothing. You shouldn't use it. No-one should use it. It's nothing. It's n.o.t.h.i.n.g.

We know what the original pun is, and we know what the secondary pun is. We have seen official spellings for it since. We have the production company on the record about what it's supposed to be.

I don't care if people use "Beerus" or not, but for the love of all things holy, no-one should be writing out his name as "Bills". That's not his name.
That's why we have filters on this forum! Make this "Bills" disappear from here! :wink:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:10 pm

"Bills" is an actual, real, everyday, could-be-and-is-possibly-used English word. I'm not going to filter it.

I'm just going to keep endlessly explaining it until my heart gives out.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:36 pm

VegettoEX wrote:"Bills" is an actual, real, everyday, could-be-and-is-possibly-used English word. I'm not going to filter it.

At the rate its going, I give you a week at most.

May wanna rethink that.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Haji » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:42 pm

VegettoEX wrote:"Bills" is an actual, real, everyday, could-be-and-is-possibly-used English word. I'm not going to filter it.

Alright i have to search this, cause the only way i see it used right now is for bills that you have to pay, or bill as a name.
wikipedia results (The Bills were a youth subculture active in Léopoldville (modern-day Kinshasa, capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo) in the late 1950s, basing much of their image and outlook on the cowboys of American Western movies. Its name was taken from Buffalo Bill.[1]) ok did not know that. but heres a link for the term or name bill
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill

oh and bills
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bills

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:00 am

Well it could end up being his name yet. Bills is a poor name but I ain't about to call him Beerus because that's a terrible name.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:40 am

Bullza wrote:
Well it could end up being his name yet. Bills is a poor name but I ain't about to call him Beerus because that's a terrible name.
How so? It fits both puns ("virus" and "beer"), and has a vaguely Latinate ring to it, as befits a deity (as far as Anglophones are concerned anyway). I understand that you personally dislike it, but do you have any means of declaring it objectively bad?

I don't think you do / So you and me are through
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:46 am

I like how it fits a pun but it'd sound better if it was just Beers. Beerus just doesn't roll off the tongue well, is it pronounced Beer-rus? or Beer-Us? Either way it sounds too asian sounding and lacks the punch. Frieza is a good name but Beerus isn't.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:46 am

Bullza wrote:
Use Birsu then. Sounds better than Bills and Beerus IMO