Yes, I have a DB Question (Cosplay)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:32 pm

Oh don't feel badly. I cosplay myself. I tend to try and cosplay characters I can pull off though and that I resemble a bit. DBZ is just a hard one to do that with.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:07 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:Oh don't feel badly. I cosplay myself. I tend to try and cosplay characters I can pull off though and that I resemble a bit. DBZ is just a hard one to do that with.
Blond Launch in black, Kame Sennin lingerie with a machine gun may be the easiest, though I doubt people would think of that as DBZ cosplay. Maybe Xyex wouldn't mind it. :shock:
14 years later

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:11 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:
Jerseymilk wrote:Oh don't feel badly. I cosplay myself. I tend to try and cosplay characters I can pull off though and that I resemble a bit. DBZ is just a hard one to do that with.
Blond Launch in black, Kame Sennin lingerie with a machine gun may be the easiest, though I doubt people would think of that as DBZ cosplay. Maybe Xyex wouldn't mind it. :shock:
No-one would think of it as DBZ cosplay cause it isn't DBZ... It's DB! :P

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:12 pm

SaiyamanMS wrote:
Conan the SSJ wrote:
No-one would think of it as DBZ cosplay cause it isn't DBZ... It's DB! :P
Good point, thanks for correcting me. XD
14 years later

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:12 pm

I can't picture myself doing any DBZ characters aside from Piccolo. With characters I resemble, my options are kind of limited, though that didn't stop me during my first cosplay.

Mr. Announcer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr. Announcer » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:57 pm

Wow, I'm surprised. Out of all the humanoid characters in the show you feel you resemble the green alien one most? You must look pretty intimidating.

I get lucky there, I have no outstanding features whatsoever so I can look like almost any character as long as I dress up like them. And for DBZ I don't have to do much with the dying of the hair considering nearly everyone who has hair has black hair.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:08 pm

Mr. Announcer wrote:Wow, I'm surprised. Out of all the humanoid characters in the show you feel you resemble the green alien one most? You must look pretty intimidating.

I get lucky there, I have no outstanding features whatsoever so I can look like almost any character as long as I dress up like them. And for DBZ I don't have to do much with the dying of the hair considering nearly everyone who has hair has black hair.
Well it's not so much of I look intimidating, but more of other characters I could possibly do, one is obscure and I would have to explain to people who it was, another I would get a ton of crap for doing, and one who I just don't care for.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:09 pm

Do we have to guess who, or are you going to tell us? :D

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:52 am

Yes Super Sonic, spill it! :P
Conan the SSJ wrote:
Ya he probably wouldn't. XD

Well I know I could pull off Videl or Pan, Chi-Chi too most likely without a lot of effort. #18 if I dyed my hair and cut it a little. Buruma would be better though length-wise, since she's got some looks where her hair is longer. Just have to dye it blue. One of these days, if I have the time and can get good make-up and a costume, I'd like to try and cosplay Zangya, Bojack's henchwoman. Never seen her done and it would be pretty cool. I've also considered Seripa as well, since I'd love to be a female Saiyajin.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:04 pm

In other words, I don't want to go dressed as Assistant Black or Uub, who I could probably pull off.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:21 pm

Super Sonic wrote:In other words, I don't want to go dressed as Assistant Black or Uub, who I could probably pull off.
That's only two! There's a third!
Super Sonic wrote:Well it's not so much of I look intimidating, but more of other characters I could possibly do, one is obscure and I would have to explain to people who it was, another I would get a ton of crap for doing, and one who I just don't care for.
Whick one's which? :D

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:40 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, I think an Assistant Black would be cool. Hey I should consider cosplaying Violet Taisho sometime.......

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:52 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
Super Sonic wrote:In other words, I don't want to go dressed as Assistant Black or Uub, who I could probably pull off.
That's only two! There's a third!
Super Sonic wrote:Well it's not so much of I look intimidating, but more of other characters I could possibly do, one is obscure and I would have to explain to people who it was, another I would get a ton of crap for doing, and one who I just don't care for.
Whick one's which? :D
Assistant Black is the obscure. And Uub is who I don't really care for. As for the third, my cousin once suggested I go as Popo, and I looked at him like he was crazy.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:35 pm

Haha, I forgot about Popo! Yeah, a minstral costume wouldn't be recieved well :P

Though I think Assistant Black would be kick ass.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:49 am

Super Sonic wrote: As for the third, my cousin once suggested I go as Popo, and I looked at him like he was crazy.
I don't blame you. :?

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:42 pm

Are you the black dude from the Ultimate uncut featurette? If so, you could totally pull Assistant Black. No kiddin'. XD
14 years later

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:33 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:
Are you the black dude from the Ultimate uncut featurette? If so, you could totally pull Assistant Black. No kiddin'. XD
No he isn't me. I don't know where that con was, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Sakuracon (Only Cons I've been to).