Krillin didn't keep his body when Freeza killed him?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Krillin didn't keep his body when Freeza killed him?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:36 am

As you guys know, if you're a person in the DB universe who fights to protect the planet, and is considered good, that person keeps their body when he or she dies). This is shown many times in the series, with Goku, Yamcha, Tien, Choazu, Piccolo and even implying Goten, Gohan and Trunks did when they died when the earth exploded.

Now one person that was never even implied to keep his body was Krillim. When they were reviving him, they had the bang his soul to earths check in station. But if he kept his body, he would have been revived somewhere in Other World (possibly King Kai's planet). It's further shown when Porunga ( I think ) says something like "I put his body back together."

Thoughts?

freezamite
Banned

Re: Krillin didn't keep his body when Freeza killed him?

Post by freezamite » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:48 am

Toriyama didn't care about the character anymore. I don't think there's a better explanation than this one... it's a shame, because he could've gotten stronger under kaioh and thanks to him being one of the best ki manipulators of the whole series, learn useful attacks like the Genkidama or KK (not that it would have been of a great help).

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:09 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:As you guys know, if you're a person in the DB universe who fights to protect the planet, and is considered good, that person keeps their body when he or she dies). This is shown many times in the series, with Goku, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Choazu, Piccolo and even implying Goten, Gohan and Trunks did when they died when the earth exploded.

Now one person that was never even implied to keep his body was Krillim. When they were reviving him, they had the bang his soul to earths check in station. But if he kept his body, he would have been revived somewhere in Other World (possibly King Kai's planet). It's further shown when Porunga ( I think ) says something like "I put his body back together."

Thoughts?
Goku, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and Piccolo's bodies were, as a whole, intact when they died, and Kami was able to repair them before they started along Serpent Road. Likewise, he restored Chaozu's body completely since it had been destroyed due to his failed self-destruction. As for Gohan, Trunks, and Goten, there wasn't anything implying that they had their bodies restored while in the afterlife, as we don't see them again until after the wish was granted to bring everyone back to life that had been killed by Buu, so naturally they would have been restored.

Kuririn's body was destroyed utterly by Freeza's attack, and a wish couldn't be granted to restore him to life as it was, because it'd result in him coming back to life (and having his body restored) in the emptiness of space where Namek used to be, resulting in his death again. The plan was to bring his spirit to Earth's check-in station, where Kami would be able to reach him, restore his body the same way he did Chaozu's, and then bring him to life. In essence, the same thing that happened to Chaozu was going to happen to Kuririn as well, except that Kami couldn't reach him where Kuririn's spirit was at the time, so he needed to be moved.

freezamite
Banned

Post by freezamite » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:01 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:As you guys know, if you're a person in the DB universe who fights to protect the planet, and is considered good, that person keeps their body when he or she dies). This is shown many times in the series, with Goku, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Choazu, Piccolo and even implying Goten, Gohan and Trunks did when they died when the earth exploded.

Thoughts?
Goku, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and Piccolo's bodies were, as a whole, intact when they died, and Kami was able to repair them before they started along Serpent Road. Likewise, he restored Chaozu's body completely since it had been destroyed due to his failed self-destruction. As for Gohan, Trunks, and Goten, there wasn't anything implying that they had their bodies restored while in the afterlife, as we don't see them again until after the wish was granted to bring everyone back to life that had been killed by Buu, so naturally they would have been restored.
This explanation was what I thought at first glance, but I find it not so good because:
1. If Kami is the one needed to preserve other people's bodies then how could he prepare Piccolo's body if he died at the same time he did. It was someone else who had to preserve Piccolo's body.
2. If Chaos' body was re-made from scratch, what prevented them to do the same for Krilin?

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:03 pm

freezamite wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote:

Thoughts?
This explanation was what I thought at first glance, but I find it not so good because:
1. If Kami is the one needed to preserve other people's bodies then how could he prepare Piccolo's body if he died at the same time he did. It was someone else who had to preserve Piccolo's body.
2. If Chaos' body was re-made from scratch, what prevented them to do the same for Krilin?
1) Kami could very likely have done so while in the afterlife, since everything suggests that he retained his body in the afterlife (afterall, he did serve as Earth's Kami, thus devoted his life to the protection of the planet)

2) The way it was suggested is that there are multiple check-in stations, and since Kuririn died on Namek, he would have been tied to whatever check-in station it was associated with. As such, Kami wouldn't have been able to be over at that one to restore his body, as he would be at Earth's check-in station. In turn, because Namek isn't in the north quadrant, North Kaiou didn't have the jurisdiction to have Kuririn's soul moved to Earth's check-in station and get restored. Without his spirit being at Earth's, there wasn't anything they could do to bring him back to life.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:06 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:

Thoughts?

When Gohan and the others were shown on Earth after being revived, I'm pretty sure Goten made a comment like "Our halo's are gone!" implying they still had their bodies.

Kuririn's body was destroyed utterly by Freeza's attack, and a wish couldn't be granted to restore him to life as it was, because it'd result in him coming back to life (and having his body restored) in the emptiness of space where Namek used to be, resulting in his death again. The plan was to bring his spirit to Earth's check-in station, where Kami would be able to reach him, restore his body the same way he did Chaozu's, and then bring him to life. In essence, the same thing that happened to Chaozu was going to happen to Kuririn as well, except that Kami couldn't reach him where Kuririn's spirit was at the time, so he needed to be moved.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:14 pm

Thoughts?
They don't automatically keep their bodies. A God has to give it to them (Kami did it for Goku, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Piccolo and Chatozu; Kaio presumably did it for Goku in the Cell arc; and Enma presumably did for Vegeta in the Buu arc).

But Krillin died in a different planet, on a different galaxy. He didn't have Kami or North Kaio right beside him to give him his body right away.

Gods, however, seem to automatically keep their bodies when they die.

freezamite
Banned

Post by freezamite » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:
freezamite wrote: 1) Kami could very likely have done so while in the afterlife, since everything suggests that he retained his body in the afterlife (afterall, he did serve as Earth's Kami, thus devoted his life to the protection of the planet)

2) The way it was suggested is that there are multiple check-in stations, and since Kuririn died on Namek, he would have been tied to whatever check-in station it was associated with. As such, Kami wouldn't have been able to be over at that one to restore his body, as he would be at Earth's check-in station. In turn, because Namek isn't in the north quadrant, North Kaiou didn't have the jurisdiction to have Kuririn's soul moved to Earth's check-in station and get restored. Without his spirit being at Earth's, there wasn't anything they could do to bring him back to life.
I thought Namek was inside Kaioh's jurisdiction, but even if it was, that's a good point you've made (the multiple entrance points to the other world). This seems a pretty good explanation as to why Krilin didn't have his body re-constructed. Thank you!

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:05 pm

No, North Kaiou specifically mentions that Namek didn't fall under his jurisdiction, so he wasn't capable of helping when it came to resurrecting Kuririn.

freezamite
Banned

Post by freezamite » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:19 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:No, North Kaiou specifically mentions that Namek didn't fall under his jurisdiction, so he wasn't capable of helping when it came to resurrecting Kuririn.
I didn't remember that, thanks. Well, it seems that what I thought was a plothole has a reasonable explanation after all.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:32 pm

I think that Kuririn is the only one of them actually mentioned to have actual impure thoughts, so that's probably the most straight-forward reason. I think that in old age, he will become the new lecherous Kame Sennin.