can any Namakian create dragon balls?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

can any Namakian create dragon balls?

Post by flashback0180 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:31 am

this question buggs me a lot..
If the Namekian is powerful enough he should be able to create dragon balls.

if not what makes GURU and KING PICCOLO(piccolo and kami) and dendai so special ?

and why can only King Piccolo or joined form of kami and piccolo/ create the black star dragon ball ?..

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: can any Namakian create dragon balls?

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:32 am

No, only Dragon Clan Namekians, like Dende, the Great Elder, or Kami can create Dragon Balls. Warrior Clan members, like Nail or Piccolo, cannot.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:57 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:No, only Dragon Clan Namekians, like Dende, the Great Elder, or Kami can create Dragon Balls. Warrior Clan members, like Nail or Piccolo, cannot.

So when Freeza was attacking Nammek , Dende or any other member of the dragon clan could have created new dragon balls.

like even when guru died Dendai could have just created new dragon balls!??

and think of this scenario .. Some one splits from the group(dragon clan) like King Piccolo ,Now can they individually create NEW dragon balls :?: .

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:20 am

Dende could have indeed created new Dragon Balls, however it takes a long time unless there is an existing template. That's what Dende explains when he becomes God, and he uses the template of the previous Shenron to makes it quicker.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:30 am

Saiga wrote:Dende could have indeed created new Dragon Balls, however it takes a long time unless there is an existing template. That's what Dende explains when he becomes God, and he uses the template of the previous Shenron to makes it quicker.
Wasn't Dende said to have been training when Goku found him? Maybe he wasn't capable of making the balls during the Namek Arc.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

khalildh
Beyond Newbie

Post by khalildh » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:57 am

Also don't forget Guru and the Namekian that landed on earth were the only surviving members of a cataclysmic on Namek. Them being the only people that can create Dragonballs is consistent with the fact that they were only surviving member of the Namekian dragon clan.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:15 am

flashback0180 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:No, only Dragon Clan Namekians, like Dende, the Great Elder, or Kami can create Dragon Balls. Warrior Clan members, like Nail or Piccolo, cannot.

So when Freeza was attacking Nammek , Dende or any other member of the dragon clan could have created new dragon balls.

like even when guru died Dendai could have just created new dragon balls!??

and think of this scenario .. Some one splits from the group(dragon clan) like King Piccolo ,Now can they individually create NEW dragon balls :?: .
Unless they're both of the Dragon Clan, then they wouldn't both be able to. Kami, being of the Dragon Clan and essentially the good half of the Son of Katatz, was able to create them, but Piccolo Daimao, being a Warrior type (as was his son/reincarnation, Piccolo) couldn't make them.

Dende may not have had the proper training at the time of Freeza's attack to be able to create them, and only acquired said training by the time that Goku came to get him during the Cell Saga. Even if he did have the training, as others have said, without the template it would take him a long time to create a new set of Dragonballs, and even then, if the restoration of Earth's after Dende recreated them is any indication, it'd scatter them across the planet.