How fast is Goku?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: How fast is Goku?

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:04 pm

The Monkey King wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:03 pm Toppo stated Dyspo long since surpassed light speed, before his 'light-speed mode' was even introduced, that form boosts his speed by thousands of times according to Dyspo.
Toppo actually says “sound” and “light” in the same sentence. He probably knew beforehand Dyspo’s secret ability, so it makes sense that “by surpassing light” he meant that.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:22 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:48 am
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:49 am IMO it makes the most sense to stick with what is most consistently established by the narrative, which seems to be that characters of SSJG tier and above are faster than light.
Dyspo can also track Hit and SSGod Goku by sound, so they are probably at that level too. His full power being called “Light Speed Mode” can also be an indication that Dyspo can literally move at light speed level, which is too much for Freeza and Gohan to keep up.
Well it was called 'super maximum lightspeed mode' or something to that effect. Dyspo tracking Hit and the others by sound I took to be another one of those inconsistencies (like Anilaza doing the same thing, or Majora tracking his enemies by smell). I think the implication was that Dyspo in his base form, not using any techniques or anything, had surpassed the speed of light (by how much is completely unknown though), and when using his light bullet technique he could temporarily increase his speed by thousands of times, which would make him at least two thousand times the speed of light, but the weakness of this technique is that he can only use it in a straight line so if you know it's coming you can predict his path. In his ultimate mode he is even faster than that (again, we don't know by how much) and the weakness is eliminated, but it probably takes up a good degree of ki/stamina, which is why he doesn't use it all the time.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:06 am

Whis has spontaneously decided that he can travel from Beerus' world to Earth in seconds(when he stated before that it takes at least 30 mins to transverse the distance) just so that Beerus could eat a delicacy that Senbei's machine concocted. Speed is pretty meaningless in today's DB.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:50 pm

speed is based on ki like almost everything else.
if a consistent author wrote dragonball they would have been insanely fast early in dbz.
you can do the math.
i mean they porbably are but toriyama doesnt care.
he made krillin after 3 years of training weaker than before going by his numbers so you cant realy trust him tbh.
its sad when even if the author of a manga himself states something and you cant even truly use it as a argument becouse you dont know if he even knows what hes talking about or if he is gonna change it later.