Have you ever had a crush on a DB character as a kid?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: Have you ever had a crush on a DB character as a kid?

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:56 pm

cesarcoronel07 wrote:It's good to know i'm not the only person here that has had a crush on a fictional character :P
Please man, theres nothing weird about it, in fact having a crush on an anime/game character is pretty much expected, with the way some of the authors/illustrators/developers talk about how they come about designing their characters.

PS: and Hentai exist for a reason lol.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:31 pm

I had a crush on
Lunch(Blue Hair). I always found her sexy :lol:
Chi Chi(Teen and Adult until Boo Arc.) I love a women who yells
18. Reminds me of my mother.

I did not have a crush on Bulma since I always thought she was a slut. However I had a MAJOR and I mean MAJOR crush on Yellow Hair Lunch. She's like the girl I won't bring home because of parents disapproval.

For people who "crushing" on Anime characters. Until I was 14(I stopped crushing around that age) I always thought it was the fact that I can't have them. Making them seem more....sexy.

Quote from UberBlackMan/SamiraiBlack
"It's nice to want things you can't have. Makes looking at them THAT MUCH better".

kazamino
Not-So-Newbie

Post by kazamino » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:49 am

Thanks for the reminder, how could I forget Lunch?
In a world of approximately seven billion people, the irony is that wandering around... is the fastest way to get noticed

sekzee
Beyond Newbie

Post by sekzee » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:49 pm

I still have a crush on Goku.

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:56 am

When I was little, I used to have a crush on Future Trunks then as a teenager it was Bulma, Lunch, Goku and Chichi.

Now it's shifted to Yamcha (gets shot by Yamcha haters), he's been my crush for five years now. :oops:
I own eight doujinshi of him in fact and I draw a lot of fanservice of him everyday.
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:29 am

Yeah, Launch, I've always imaged her as a perfect wife, her nice persona will clean and cook while her blonde persona would go robbing and bring home the cash.

garnetjester
Beyond Newbie

Post by garnetjester » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:38 am

When I was a little girl it was obviously Future Trunks. He was such a cool character, the lonely warrior from the future! He's also kind and polite.
Gohan has always been my favorite character, but I've never really had a crush on him, I just really like him.
"Giving up is something we can do anytime, so let's head on, even if it's just a little bit!"

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:16 pm

Codarik wrote:Yeah, Launch, I've always imaged her as a perfect wife, her nice persona will clean and cook while her blonde persona would go robbing and bring home the cash.
I remember being absolutely terrified of Lunch so she wasn't the one for me. :lol:

I'd probably say that I never fully had a crush on a DB character but I was partial to Chi-Chi just because she was a mother/authority figure on the show. Sounds weird/odd to say but I wouldn't mind having a mom like Chi-Chi yell at me from time to time! It showed me that she cares for those around her (though at times she could quite painfully ignore her husband).
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:12 pm

Playboy Bunny Bulma made me feel weird when I was in my early teens.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:49 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Playboy Bunny Bulma made me feel weird when I was in my early teens.
Really? To each of their own but I think that's her worst attire.

ChiChiFan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ChiChiFan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:01 am

Goku and Future Trunks. Man, they were hot.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:16 am

garnetjester wrote: Gohan has always been my favorite character, but I've never really had a crush on him, I just really like him.
So, Gohan is pretty much friendzoned? :)

I never really had a crush on any of the characters. Whilst I could see them as cute, none of them were really appealing to me.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:28 am

AnzuMazaki wrote:When I was little, I used to have a crush on Future Trunks then as a teenager it was Bulma, Lunch, Goku and Chichi.
You must have been quite out there during your teen year.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:42 am

Not exactly a crush but when I saw Bulma show Roshi & Umigame her goods, I changed forever. Okay, not really but I shared the same reaction that Roshi did just with less blood.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

garnetjester
Beyond Newbie

Post by garnetjester » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Godo wrote:
garnetjester wrote: Gohan has always been my favorite character, but I've never really had a crush on him, I just really like him.
So, Gohan is pretty much friendzoned? :)
:lol: I don't know, it might've been too weird for me since I was such a huge fan of his since he was like 4 years old.
"Giving up is something we can do anytime, so let's head on, even if it's just a little bit!"

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Scarz recently have been making have a crush on Lunch again......

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:35 pm

Yeah, as a kid I had a big crush on Bulma. Maybe 18 as well when I got that far, but I don't remember very well.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

mister yummy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mister yummy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Definately Pan.

Oh wait, you mean when I was a kid...

Majin Vegeta Fan

Post by Majin Vegeta Fan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:12 am

Yup, when i was a little kid bulma (on her playboy bunny suit) was my crush... and years later it was videl (long hair)

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
Wibbs wrote:I always liked Videl when I was a kid, preferred her with long hair though.

Them pigtails.

HHHNNNGGG

I still think this is the best version of videl

Videl with pigtails > Videl with shorth hair (i have a thing for girls with short hair though ;3)

soulnova wrote:Well, I was 12-13 when Young Adult Goku made his first appearance. I held a DB watching gathering with the other neighbor girls for that particular episode at my place because I heard the rumors of him actually growing up. We all squealed when he appeared. The other girls weren't even anime fans that much, but we all thought he was cute and SO FREAKING HOT. My ovaries exploded. :shifty:

Later on, I started to like Vegeta, specially during the last part of the Buu Arc.

And for those Trunks' pictures: Yes and yes. :mrgreen: I had a deal with my younger sister: She got to "keep" Trunks and Teen!Gohan, and I had Vegeta and Goku. Fair is fair.

This post made me laugh so hard for some reason :lol:

ulisa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ulisa » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:34 pm

Gohan was always a favorite of mine so I'd be lying if I said I never found him attractive. In particular, I remember thinking Cell Games Gohan was pretty hot (though I was under the impression that he was 13ish at the time) I also always found Adult Goku to be pretty hot too, especially in the earlier sagas. Liked Trunks but not so much in a "crush" way but more of a "yeah he's pretty cute" way

Some of the guys I knew were always talking about how hot Bulma and Videl were. Never heard much on Launch or Chichi but 18 was definitely a favorite among the guys.
We truly begin to live when we find something we're willing to die for