Power levels aren't linear! revisited thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TenshiGokuu
Banned

Power levels aren't linear! revisited thread

Post by TenshiGokuu » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:58 am

So about a month os so i made a thread about if whenever 28 farmers each farmer with shotguns would be able to bust down a moon or completely vaporize it. , the theory was that maybe the power level was also account for their shotgun aswell, but then i dont think scouters can sense PL of something that is non living besides shotgun doesnt have a PL. And another thing was if 28 farmers actually knew how to use KI and blast kamehameha, but they all had power level of 5, could they be able to bust down a moon. THE ANSWER IS NO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5BqV2Iz ... re=related

This is original 1984 dragon ball video of post roshi training kid goku first shooting kamehameha wave after Master Roshi helps Chichi's father put down the fire in the castle.
Goku power level here had to be minimum 10 PL. and he struggled to even bust a small car.
now if we take 14 of these goku or even heck lets say 20 or 30 they wouldnt even come close to fazing a moon let alone actually vaporizing it like roshi did.

Power level are important in DB verse even stated by Akira that the person who wins is the one who has the most PL. because he has the most durability, strength and speed. basicly to make DBZ verse more simple and easy to compare.If someone is stronger than you. Your only chance in beating him is by constantly training and powering up, although saiyans can also power up by being in near death situatons.

Although going back to the main topic i want to finally dispel the rumor that power levels are also exponential. each PL would become more stronger and concentrated as you gain higher power level in you. If perfect cell has power level of 90million and he can destroy a solar system. Then it doesn't mean that you need to have power level of 180million to be able to destroy 2 solar systems, you can become twice or as strong and fast as cell, easily by having 110 million PL in you.

Strife1
Beyond Newbie

Re: Power levels aren't linear! revisited thread

Post by Strife1 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:39 am

it's kind of hard to see what you're asking, but no power levels are not linear. And everyone has limits when it comes to strength speed, etc. Those limits can only be overcome by Ki, so power level has something to do with it of course.

sekzee
Beyond Newbie

Post by sekzee » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:35 pm

It is very rare that strength in numbers matter in DB.

We see this vs. Nappa.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Power levels are not consistent obviously... this is news?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:50 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Power levels are not consistent obviously... this is news?
Of course not, but I believe he's trying to come up with an in-universe explanation to Toriyama's habit of not caring about consistency and/or being forgetful. To be honest, I once tried to do the same sort of thing and work out a way that battle powers could be logarithmic rather than linear and still have everything we see in the story fit, just for the fun of it and to see if it worked in any meaningful way.

Even if battle powers are supposed to be linear, I at least like the idea that Kiri might not be.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!