What If Frieza Had Infinite-Energy Reactors?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateVegito
Advanced Regular

What If Frieza Had Infinite-Energy Reactors?

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:02 am

Imagine if Mecha Frieza had the same Infinite Energy Reactors as the Androids? Would he be stronger than them?

I'd say he'd probably implode or something. His body would be much too powerful to handle it. King Cold even said that Mecha Frieza could blow away his current cybernetics by just powering up. Plus, infinite energy reactors works better on fully synthetic androids such as 16, hence why 17 and 18 were weaker than him.

What do you guys think?
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: What If Freeza Had Infinite-Energy Reactors?

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:59 am

TheUltimateVegito wrote:Imagine if Mecha Freeza had the same Infinite Energy Reactors as the Androids? Would he be stronger than them?

I'd say he'd probably implode or something. His body would be much too powerful to handle it. King Cold even said that Mecha Freeza could blow away his current cybernetics by just powering up. Plus, infinite energy reactors works better on fully synthetic androids such as 16, hence why 17 and 18 were weaker than him.

What do you guys think?
Where did Cold say that? And when is 16 ever said to have infinite energy, or that it works better for fully mechanical creations?

Anyway, I don't think that the reactors multiplied 17 and 18's normal, Earthling strength, so much as they just added to it, so an Infinite-Energy reactor powered Freeza would just be, in my opinion, Freeza's strength + 17 (or 18's) strength. He'd be around 16's level of power, I'd think. He wouldn't be that impressive to anything that happens afterward, though.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TheUltimateVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:22 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
TheUltimateVegito wrote:Imagine if Mecha Freeza had the same Infinite Energy Reactors as the Androids? Would he be stronger than them?

I'd say he'd probably implode or something. His body would be much too powerful to handle it. King Cold even said that Mecha Freeza could blow away his current cybernetics by just powering up. Plus, infinite energy reactors works better on fully synthetic androids such as 16, hence why 17 and 18 were weaker than him.

What do you guys think?
Where did Cold say that? And when is 16 ever said to have infinite energy, or that it works better for fully mechanical creations?

Anyway, I don't think that the reactors multiplied 17 and 18's normal, Earthling strength, so much as they just added to it, so an Infinite-Energy reactor powered Freeza would just be, in my opinion, Freeza's strength + 17 (or 18's) strength. He'd be around 16's level of power, I'd think. He wouldn't be that impressive to anything that happens afterward, though.
There was a scene before they landed on Earth with Freeza charging up in response to his memory of Goku. King Cold noticed and said "You'll burn your cybernetics clear away".

Didn't 18 mention that 16 was a perpetual energy model before activating him? The fact that 18 and 17 are around the same strength whereas 16 is a good deal more powerful than both of them can only suggest that fully synthesized androids are better than partly organic ones. The only reason Dr.Gero used organic beings in the first place was because of Cell.
YouTube account:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:24 pm

TheUltimateVegito wrote:King Cold noticed and said "You'll burn your cybernetics clear away".
I don't remember there being a line like that. Is this a FUNimation-only thing?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheUltimateVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:27 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
TheUltimateVegito wrote:King Cold noticed and said "You'll burn your cybernetics clear away".
It was from the English Kai version of the scene. I haven't seen the Japanese version of it yet, so I assume King Cold said the same thing.
YouTube account:

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:42 pm

It was from the English Kai version of the scene. I haven't seen the Japanese version of it yet, so I assume King Cold said the same thing.
I don't think he says that in the Japanese version of Kai. At any rate, that line's definitely not in the manga.
Didn't 18 mention that 16 was a perpetual energy model before activating him?
Yes.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:12 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
I think its due to the fact when Mecha Freeza gets pissed on his descent to earth, he starts to visibly spark.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:13 pm

TheUltimateVegito wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
Japanese, at least for Kai.

King Cold: *Noticing Frieza sparking* You sure do seem fired up. This opponent can't be anyone who would get you this worked up, can it?
Frieza: I'm so excited, I can't help myself, Papa. I'd like to hop up and down, and start dancing.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

TheUltimateVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:07 am

Well that shoots my theory out of the window.
YouTube account:

Captain Sauza
Beyond Newbie

Post by Captain Sauza » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:50 pm

It's hilarious that the best engineers Cold had working for him had inferior technology to an old guy hanging out in some deserted cave.
"We are Cooler's Armored Squadron!" *performs Sauza fighting pose*

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:23 am

Herms wrote:
I don't think he says that in the Japanese version of Kai. At any rate, that line's definitely not in the manga.
Didn't 18 mention that 16 was a perpetual energy model before activating him?
Yes.
That is the line in Dub Kai. It unfortunately had too much punch up in those few episodes. According to the credits Patrick Seitz did the script adaptation. So, I'd prefer he not do any scripts for Kai in the future. A lot of lines gave kind of a 'oh not as well adapted as before'. I was afraid they were going to keep punching up for the rest of the arc too much.