Does Piccolo Have god Ki

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Does Piccolo Have god Ki

Post by xmysticgohanx » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:04 pm

He fused with Kami and was able to sense the Supreme Kai's power. He also might have been able to sense Beerus.
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Re: Does Piccolo Have god Ki

Post by Blade » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:52 pm

Well, it would make in-universe sense, but honestly I think Toriyama forgot or it didn't occur to him when he was writing the script - as if Piccolo's reaction around the Supreme Kai was anything to go by, he wouldn't have gone anywhere near Beerus, let alone attack him.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:11 pm

Kami is no longer God , Dende is and as such all godly feats of kami are gone.

...Maybe some of Kamis powers were slowly fading away .

Low Tone G
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:30 pm

I don't think Piccolo has Godly Ki nor Dende. I prefer to think Kais and Supreme Kai have Godly Creation Ki as they are described as Gods of Creation and protector of life in opposite of God of Destruction. They can sense each other, but their essence are contrary. Piccolo talking about Godly Ki is should mean that he has heard only about the God Destruction and his Ki, and as fuesed with Kami knew that it can not be sensible by lower being including Nameks. But King Kai could sense him as being a lower God of Creation and priotector of life.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:01 pm

I think he can sense godly ki, but he doesn't have it.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:44 pm

I don't think he has godly ki nor can he sense it, which is the reason for his submission to Yeasty Kaioshin.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

sekzee
Beyond Newbie

Post by sekzee » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:16 pm

Nazi Cola wrote:I don't think he has godly ki nor can he sense it, which is the reason for his submission to Yeasty Kaioshin.
Yeah, even if he could sense it, he can't really measure it.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:12 am

Nazi Cola wrote:I don't think he has godly ki nor can he sense it, which is the reason for his submission to Yeasty Kaioshin.
It's still debatable as to if that was why he withdrew from the match, as it's equally plausible that he did so out of respect for the person he thought was