Toriyama says Goku won't turn Super Saiyan 2 or 3 any more!?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Re: Toriyama says Goku won't turn Super Saiyan 2 or 3 any mo

Post by xmysticgohanx » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:18 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:I considered Goku's SSJ3 to always be at a constant full-powered state. It was never in such control where he could relax in it as Gotenks can.
He couldn;t relax in SSJ2 either right?
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Toriyama says Goku won't turn Super Saiyan 2 or 3 any mo

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:57 pm

xmysticgohanx wrote:
SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:I considered Goku's SSJ3 to always be at a constant full-powered state. It was never in such control where he could relax in it as Gotenks can.
He couldn;t relax in SSJ2 either right?
He always could relax in SSJ2, he just hardly uses the form as his base.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.